No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some went the early crow in here about Richmond's demise during the week, still the team to beat when all is said and done come September. Several key outs last night playing a team flying, but it shows how much Dimma's gamestyle holds up as long as the defensive actions are being carried out.
And like our great side of 13-15, they are an entirely different beast come finals. They toy with sides and just do what they need to during the H&A season. Dusty in particular barely gets out of bed for insignificant games. Not motivated at all by individual awards

If they get themselves into the top 4, beating them in September at the MCG and with the best player in the competition at his best will be very difficult again this year.

I think they’re all chasing Port, to be honest.

That forward line of Dixon, Rozee, Fantasia, Gray, Butters is seriously dynamic. If they’re all fit come finals time, I don’t think they’ll get beaten.

Bevo outcoached last night. Also picking Schache over JUH was a flop decision
Couldn't happen to bigger sook.......................oh hang a minute, maybe

That forward line of Dixon, Rozee, Fantasia, Gray, Butters is seriously dynamic. If they’re all fit come finals time, I don’t think they’ll get beaten.
Wouldn't mind this at all.

Shows how quick you can turn it around once you have forwards.

Way too much talent on the park to be beaten easily.
Beat Richmond 2 out of last 3 times and that narrow loss in prelim last season would give them huge confidence against Richmond in particular.

Dogs just not up to the fight. Same problem west coast has. Can’t deal with pressure.

Tigers aren’t even looking that good. Match them in the contest and they wilt. As dees showed. Dogs just so soft. For a team of midfielders they don’t want the hard ball.

Tigers want to bully teams off the ball. Dogs let it happen.
I actually think they set Dogs up a bit. Tigers didn't go hard in 1st like they normally do. Dogs had their defenses down after playing pretty well in first half. Tigers just went bang in third and Dogs just weren't mentally switched on to it. Once Tigers pressure had relaxed a bit the damaged had been done.
I don't know if it's just me but I think Tigers have lost the capability to go full pressure for any extended periods as they use to. Looks to me they can only go gangbusters for a quarter or so then drop off because they can't maintain it anymore - maybe with some of the older bodies in side.

I actually think they set Dogs up a bit. Tigers didn't go hard in 1st like they normally do. Dogs had their defenses down after playing pretty well in first half. Tigers just went bang in third and Dogs just weren't mentally switched on to it. Once Tigers pressure had relaxed a bit the damaged had been done.
I don't know if it's just me but I think Tigers have lost the capability to go full pressure for any extended periods as they use to. Looks to me they can only go gangbusters for a quarter or so then drop off because they can't maintain it anymore - maybe with some of the older bodies in side.
Agreed it doesn’t look like the can continue doing it. Playing such a style week in week out takes a massive toll. We’ve seen it with Collingwood, saints and freo teams in the past.

I know short quarters really helped Geelong last year. But they helped the tigers so much. It let them hide the effects which are know showing up.

They will have to time their run like 2019. Where injuries let a number of key players rest up and get back to 100% rather than being worn down.

A whisper out of SA is that Rankine is open to going home. Wonder if you could convince him that Victoria is the place to be.

A whisper out of SA is that Rankine is open to going home. Wonder if you could convince him that Victoria is the place to be.
Be too pricey for what he's produced, though if he pulls it all together he could be something really special.

Wouldn't say no to Wingard having a coffee with him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies are on the ropes here. Suns might just land the knockout blow to Buckley's coaching career.

Collingwood are gone, that was under 12 level of defending.
Really attacking kick from back half though. Suns just split them wide open.

Be too pricey for what he's produced, though if he pulls it all together he could be something really special.

Wouldn't say no to Wingard having a coffee with him though.

Yep. Could explode or could hang around as a good 'almost' player. A bigger risk than Bolton or even Cerra imo but doubt you knock much off the (trade) asking price. In the end you have to have the conversation because we can't be too picky if a talented player wants to come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back