No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
* ricky henderson was good in 2019

Sorry, but I take offence to supposed supporters of our great club cheering Norf on for the purpose of hoping they finish above us on the ladder and hand us the spoon and the subsequent 1st pick in the draft.

Disgusting.

Sorry, but I take offence to supposed supporters of our great club cheering Norf on for the purpose of hoping they finish above us on the ladder in order for us to get the spoon and the subsequent 1st pick in the draft.

Disgusting.

imo there's a difference between actively wanting to lose games and being amenable to other teams winning for our ultimate betterment

imo there's a difference between actively wanting to lose games and being amenable to other teams winning for our ultimate betterment
We've never won a spoon in my lifetime and f&$k I hope we never ever win one while I'm still around

Sorry, but I take offence to supposed supporters of our great club cheering Norf on for the purpose of hoping they finish above us on the ladder and hand us the spoon and the subsequent 1st pick in the draft.

Disgusting.
Seeing Horne run around the brown and gold will be way better than the pain of finishing last.

The only thing we will take forward this year into next is any new players we pick up. It’s been an awful year either way. May as well get the best player in the draft.

Disgusting.
Just having a bit of a laugh in an otherwise very ordinary year.
There is no guarantees pick 1 will be a better long term option than pick 2 anyway.
We will do ok either way. 😁👍

Can’t help but wonder if we’re headed for a Carltonesque 20 years of rubbish on field*…

* Should the human race survive that long.

Could be, club got very complacent post 2015, much like Carlton post 1995, possible that we're in for 20 odd lean years and gloating about how good our 3peat was in the year 2041.

Seeing Horne run around the brown and gold will be way better than the pain of finishing last.

The only thing we will take forward this year into next is any new players we pick up. It’s been an awful year either way. May as well get the best player in the draft.
This.
The jeering will quickly turn to envy.

Is Horne that much better than Callaghan?
if we get them.no.1 pick, other than bidding on Daicos and Darcy just to piss off Beveridge, are we not better to try and trade down potentially and get another reasonable pick?
This assumes North finish above Adelaide of course but it Let’s Adelaide take Horne, we get Callaghan and possibly a solid 3rd rounder?

if we get them.no.1 pick, other than bidding on Daicos and Darcy just to piss off Beveridge, are we not better to try and trade down potentially and get another reasonable pick?
This assumes North finish above Adelaide of course but it Let’s Adelaide take Horne, we get Callaghan and possibly a solid 3rd rounder?

I dont know the answer to that, but horne along with daicos have been viewed as the top 2 prospects all season, I think we will see after the championships if anyone else can potentially put there name up. Apparently adelaide would do plenty to get horne though and if we finished 1st and rated someone just as good I think we could swap the pick with them but it would need to be alot more then their pick and a 3rd rounder to do it .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we have people suggest trading pick 2 and Sicily for pick 1 and people trading pick 1 for 4*+ 50 odd. 🧐

Can’t help but wonder if we’re headed for a Carltonesque 20 years of rubbish on field*…

* Should the human race survive that long.
You don't know our club very well do you?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disgusting.
Oh well, be offended. We are terrible and with this coaching fiasco already at rock bottom. Finishing 18th won’t make any difference to that

How good is Cunnington? Carrying that terrible side since he returned in a way none of our senior midfielders can.

Could be, club got very complacent post 2015, much like Carlton post 1995, possible that we're in for 20 odd lean years and gloating about how good our 3peat was in the year 2041.
Totally different scenerio's and run clubs .
They spent years being impatient and appointing the 'messiah'.
Would only get worried if we pulled the pin on Sam early . We will be fine .

Disgusting.
Let the cards fall where they may. I would be disgusted if we did not try to win as many as we can.

You don't know our club very well do you?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know enough to know that past performance isn’t always an indicator of future performance.

Just because we’ve won 13 flags in the past 60 odd years, doesn’t mean we’re going to win any in the next 20-25 years.

Let the cards fall where they may. I would be disgusted if we did not try to win as many as we can.

Agree, play to win, always. Winning is the best feeling and also the culture that will shape the club.

However with our backline decimated, midfield strugling, forward trying, I'm not sure how we can get the win from here.

With all this challenges I hope to see leadership from our younger player, intent, effort, hardwork and their improvement for the remaining season.

Put it this way. Would Callaghan be playing SANFL footy if he was South Australian? If Horne played Under 18's he be averaging 40 and 3 with a defensive side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back