No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put it this way. Would Callaghan be playing SANFL footy if he was South Australian? If Horne played Under 18's he be averaging 40 and 3 with a defensive side.

fair enough. I haven’t seen enough of either. Obviously you want the best available, just looking at options to get more if Adelaide were desperate

Is Horne that much better than Callaghan?
if we get them.no.1 pick, other than bidding on Daicos and Darcy just to piss off Beveridge, are we not better to try and trade down potentially and get another reasonable pick?
This assumes North finish above Adelaide of course but it Let’s Adelaide take Horne, we get Callaghan and possibly a solid 3rd rounder?
No. And I don’t know we would bid on Darcy (too much risk they don’t match). Bid on daicos though.

silly season has arrived

In a season we don't have much to look forward to, it's a fun game to play. I just don't see that much point in getting emotionally invested in picking up a particular player before the champs are on and our final ladder position is determined.

This time last year I remember chatter hoping we would land Hollands. We settled on DGB in preference and everyone has moved on.

Don’t want a wooden spoon ever but we are heading that way. Not by choice, but thru injury. Get your heads around it.

Crows are 2 wins ahead due to our % and Kangas have winnable games and have been pretty good since beating us.

Time to take our medicine and use the opportunity to reload through the draft and trade period.

The wins v Swans and GWS have shown a quick bounce back is very possible and given me enough hope for 2022 and beyond.

I know enough to know that past performance isn’t always an indicator of future performance.

Just because we’ve won 13 flags in the past 60 odd years, doesn’t mean we’re going to win any in the next 20-25 years.
Of course past performance isn’t always an indicator of future performance but when you're comparing us to Carlton's last 25 years your comparing apples and oranges - two completely different run clubs. Carlton for instance shot themselves in the foot with salary breaches and then the subsequent penalties that were imposed put their club back years.
Call me delusional but if you think Hawks will stand by and let 20 years past between flags or at the very least give it a fair hot crack- once again, you don't know this club.

In a season we don't have much to look forward to, it's a fun game to play. I just don't see that much point in getting emotionally invested in picking up a particular player before the champs are on and our final ladder position is determined.

This time last year I remember chatter hoping we would land Hollands. We settled on DGB in preference and everyone has moved on.
it is a fun game but really sicily and pick 2 for pick one? thats not fun for anyone

We've never won a spoon in my lifetime and f&$k I hope we never ever win one while I'm still around
Up until recently, we'd never threepeated either... all things come at a cost, and if the inevitable bottoming out netted us a generational player that loads up our next dynasty, not a bad outcome.

I agree that I'd never cheer for a spoon, and have complete confidence that whatever pick we land we'll make work - look at Day and DBG (and assume we've learnt from the horror of Thorp, Muston, Dowler)

Mainly docker supporters I work with, but very little said about the weekend other than they were glad they could finally give the hawks a dose of what they’ve been on the receiving end for years.

Smug eagle supporters on the other hand so today stormy wet weather and the perfect day to don the hawks wet weather jacket to wear in to work without a single comment

1626136735458.gif

North’s run home:
Bombers
Blues
Cats
Tigers
Swans
Crows

Hawks run home:
Demons
Lions
Crows
Pies
Dogs
Tigers

Surly couldn’t happen… could it?
R23 vs Crows very interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t see North winning any of those games, forget about the “we don’t want the Spoon” crap.

Their game V Crows could be the first Nil all draw in history.

"Yes and what a thrilling spectacle we have witnessed here tonight folks, ending in a hard fought draw", final scores:

North Melbourne Kangaroos - 0.0.0
Drew with
Adelaide Crows - 0.0.0

"Thanks for joining us and just a reminder there will no highlights package available for this match, because there weren't any"...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back