No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

he and Ed are meant to be pretty close Tassie Tiger. I think one of Ed’s most trusted lieutenants is an ex-ALP staffer who is also friends with Andrews. And the problem is that Andrews can’t call for Ed’s head without looking hypocritical as to why he didn’t stand down after the hotel quarantine saga. So... we might be stuck with Eddie for the year, unless the rest of the Collingwood board and sponsors are prepared to weigh in behind the scenes.
One has exactly * all to do with the other.

One is a systemic problem of known cases and origins for over two decades without the will power to do anything to change it. Response was to pretend it was all in the past and had been dealt with by looking at the problem. Widely condemned as an insulting and inadequate response to a problem that still hasn’t been addressed.

The other is mistakes made during a global pandemic of a previously unknown virus due to states being given responsibility for something that should be handled at a federal level. Immediate steps were taken to rectify the problem once it and the cause became known. Now praised and seen as best practice for control of the problem

And his press conference is all about him. :rolleyes:

The last thing any of us should do is bother with his press conference. I will hopefully go through the rest of my life never listening to anything he says ever again. Good riddance to trash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bye McChins!

See ya no more, Mr Dinosaur.

Eddie was initially very good for Collingwood, after about 5 years the conflicts of interest and gaffes started to accumulate. If he had left even after a decade, he would probably be remembered for all the good he did for their club, and sometimes the game.

Now he leaves a shattered club with both theirs and his reputations in ruins. Seems no one was willing or able to give him some frank and fearless advice and that is always the first step in an Empire falling.

Will be too soon if we have to listen to his opinions on any subject again within at least 5 years.

Last edited:
Bye McChins!

Maybe not relevant but I would have written ”..... valued supporter of @CollingwoodFC“. “Fan“ kind of diminishes the ones who aren’t members like they are somehow less important to the football club.

Defiant Ed goes down swinging.
Sad day,
But lack of humility .....the very thing that led to his demise.
Did a lot of good over the years,
but rattling off all your good deeds yourself, is uncomfortable viewing.

Sad day indeed. I do feel for him but it was all there..all the reasons why.

V9EQ.gif

Eddie rightfully falling on his sword. Hopefully allows the all parties impacted by the issue to heal. Not sure if others close to the playing group fall. Apologise maybe but not fall. Teflon...

Will he still call games....?

Most likely IMO . Be interesting but he can spin (just about) anything in his favor with help from his media connections/ outlets.
will probably call more games now he has less football commitments with the Pies

One has exactly fu** all to do with the other.

One is a systemic problem of known cases and origins for over two decades without the will power to do anything to change it. Response was to pretend it was all in the past and had been dealt with by looking at the problem. Widely condemned as an insulting and inadequate response to a problem that still hasn’t been addressed.

The other is mistakes made during a global pandemic of a previously unknown virus due to states being given responsibility for something that should be handled at a federal level. Immediate steps were taken to rectify the problem once it and the cause became known. Now praised and seen as best practice for control of the problem

I guess you’ve just got to ask whether a proportion (not a majority... but a reasonable proportion) of your voting public in Victoria would see parallels. If so, then Andrews did have had trouble commentating dispassionately on Eddie. Anyway, he saved Eddie by a week (along with Gil), and it would be interesting to know if he put pressure on him behind the scenes to culminate in today’s announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back