General AFL Discussion #7 - Carlton Supporters ONLY !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else ever seen the irony in Terry Wallace dubbing himself 'the list manager'? Even uses it ad his Twitter handle.

Hawks giving Adelaide a reality check but I notice that Cyril is having another blinder. Touched the pill all of 6 times to 3/4 time. Must have been gold though, havent seen all of em yet, but have no reason to doubt it. :rolleyes:

Hawks giving Adelaide a reality check but I notice that Cyril is having another blinder. Touched the pill all of 6 times to 3/4 time. Must have been gold though, havent seen all of em yet, but have no reason to doubt it. :rolleyes:

Better than J Watson though

Go North!

*spoilers* 21 points ahead of the cats at 1/2 time!

It´d be great for footy if we were 2 games ahead of both Collingwood & Geelong after 3 rounds!!!

Go North!

*spoilers* 21 points ahead of the cats at 1/2 time!

It´d be great for footy if we were 2 games ahead of both Collingwood & Geelong after 3 rounds!!!

It's only half time and it is the Cats, but gee they look to be lacking run.
Hard game last week, playing on the hard Ethihad ground.
Will need to dig deep to get the win.
My tip, North by 48 points.
Alls good in the world.
May even get to ride the pony tonight :thumbsu:

Man i am sick of people using the word elite to describe players. Grigg just described Cotchin, Martin and Deledio as 'elite' on nine footy show. Good players, yes, but right now i'd only have Cotchin anywhere near that.

Even worse, the up and down potato described those 3 as elite forwards. :eek:

wee-man-and-pony.jpg

This is by far the worst performance I have seen from the cats in the last 4 years. they have been so unaccountable. Harvey has had no opponent, and been able to do what he likes. It doesn't make sense. This is clearly a day where everything they have done has gone wrong and everything NM do turns to gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question now is, was the Cats win last week, one of the last thrashes of a dying giant?

Good old North Melbourne........

Two games clear of Collingwood and Geelong. :thumbsu:

Those 2 teams are not really our threat this year. Collingwood have players that missed the pre season too many to win the flag. Geelong must be ready to fall a little, been up too long with mostly a ageing list. Hawthorn is the major threat while West Coast is another still especially in a Prelimanry at home. Sydney and Adelaide I be amazed if they do something.

West Coast threat is their 2 Ruckmen and key forward in Kennedy,Lynch and Darling, the midfield and back line does the job. They be hard to beat unless Injuries to them tall especially both Ruckmen.

Those 2 teams are not really our threat this year. Collingwood have players that missed the pre season too many to win the flag. Geelong must be ready to fall a little, been up too long with mostly a ageing list. Hawthorn is the major threat while West Coast is another still especially in a Prelimanry at home. Sydney and Adelaide I be amazed if they do something.

West Coast threat is their 2 Ruckmen and key forward in Kennedy,Lynch and Darling, the midfield and back line does the job. They be hard to beat unless Injuries to them tall especially both Ruckmen.

Not sure Nic Nat would look too flash as first ruck if they lose Cox. If he gets injured that will really hurt them. But the pairing is very strong.

And I agree Hawks are the big threat. I dont fear having to beat WC over there this year. In a prelim we will be playing them at the G. And I dont doubt we could beat them there with anything that resembles the 22 that has played so far this year.

Yep. With a bit of luck, Collingwood could recapture something resembling their best in the second half of the season, but by then it will be too late to reconcile a top 4 spot. Too hard to win it from the bottom half of the top 8.

I know we say it every year but I think it's curtains for the Geelong dynasty. Will still be a decent team but top 4 they are not. They managed to come back against Hawthorn on supreme self belief and fierce hatred, but the Roos went goal for goal when the Cats put it all on the line to claw back the margin.

That sort of loss so early in the season will take its toll on their confidence and self belief. It's easy writing off the round 1 loss due to Freo's home ground advantage but Freo have been fairly average since.

Carlton, West Coast and Hawthorn main contenders for the minor premiership. Fourth is wide open at this stage.

I do not fear Hawthorn whatsoever. If you're within striking distance at 3/4 time against them then you have every right to feel as though you're dead certs to win. Hawthorn have proven themselves time and again to falter when called upon to close teams out in big matches.

The only fear whatsoever is playing West Cheat Eagles in an away prelim. It's up to us to finish first or second and ensure that doesn't happen.

Even though I would prefer not to, I am not afraid of facing the Eagles in Perth if we have a full list available. Subi is a ground that suits our style of football imo.

I'm really fascinated with the WCE v Haw game next week. Should be an absolute ripsnorter. I would prob slightly fav the Eagles at Subi. Think their big forward line could really stretch the Hawks.

I do not fear Hawthorn whatsoever. If you're within striking distance at 3/4 time against them then you have every right to feel as though you're dead certs to win. Hawthorn have proven themselves time and again to falter when called upon to close teams out in big matches.

The only fear whatsoever is playing West Cheat Eagles in an away prelim. It's up to us to finish first or second and ensure that doesn't happen.
Agree, they are the biggest threat to all Vic teams in the finals series and we either need to finish top 2 or at the very least above them if they happen to drop a few somehow!!! I am convinced they will finish top at the moment unfortunately, cant see them losing at home to anyone with a full list and will more then likely win 75% minimum on the road.

Agree, they are the biggest threat to all Vic teams in the finals series and we either need to finish top 2 or at the very least above them if they happen to drop a few somehow!!! I am convinced they will finish top at the moment unfortunately, cant see them losing at home to anyone with a full list and will more then likely win 75% minimum on the road.

I think the LeCras, Nicoski, and Embley injuries will weigh them down later in the season.

Though they look very very very impressive.

still cant believe they go from 16th-4th-contenders and no one says a thing.

we where genuinely s**t and just finished off one season with tanking when we had no chance of making the 8 to ensure a better pick for us and everyone cries murder.

im not worried about them we came close over there in the final with less players, we got em covered. Hawthorn on the other hand

I think the LeCras, Nicoski, and Embley injuries will weigh them down later in the season.

Though they look very very very impressive.

Against who? The Bulldogs? Melbourne? GWS?

We will see what they're made of against the Hawks, luckily for them though they have the perfect structure to trouble the Hawks with all their tall forward options. Still will be their toughest test by far.

As for playing them up there in the finals, I say bring it on, if we want to be the premiers then we may just have no choice but to go through them up there. If we finish 4th and they finish 1st it'll happen, if they finish 2nd and us 3rd it'll happen, If we don't meet in qualifying finals then we could almost certainly meet in the prelim if we lose the qual final.

Good news is our game can really trouble theirs, look no further than last year's final to see the proof of that, no Waite, no Kruezer, no Gibbs, Thornton off at half time really affected our structure and still they just scraped past us.

The real worry is the Hawks, don't worry about not having beaten them since 2005, that's irrelevant because we are almost a completely different team from back then, but last year they were thrashing us in the first half and then hung on to win. They're hard at it and have lots of match winners. Their biggest weakness is their backline but that's only against the quality tall forwards and their ruck division isn't great either.

We moved Jamison forward and that seemed to trouble them a bit so I'd say it is crucial that Waite plays. But having said that, I can't wait till we play them in round 14 it's actually the game I'm most looking forward to now and it will be the ultimate test for our side and could be the most important for us to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back