No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute utter relief winning the 2013 GF flag.
Absolute uttter joy winning 2014/15.
They are all so different those flags.

2008 is the best IMO - young up and coming Hawks arrive from nowhere. Beat the cockiest Geelong team ever against all odds.
2013 was maybe the worst - so much pressure - a Hawks team that was scared to death of losing again.
2014 was simply visceral revenge. The crowd was baying for blood that day and got what they wanted.
2015 was simply a party.

I went to the bombers board! Apparently the Roo’s are happy, the bombers are happy and Sam Mitchell is unhappy! It’s a good day lmao! (There’s 5 years for this to play out yet).

Brad Scott killed the Roo’s and walked out, an he’ll do it again to the bombers!

They bring in McKay a reasonable player and an yet think they have got
Darcy Moore! If they add Goldy they’ll be slow as a snail!

If there’s one thing I know about Sam Mitchell, he will simply put his head down, work with what he has and he will not stop until he has succeeded.

If I had my choice between Brad Scott and Sam Mitchell, Mitchell wins hands down every time as a player and a coach.

Roll in season 2024.

In case people don't know, the hawks women side is playing right now. Not many people in the thread, so thought I'd mention it here.

Selwood will be remembered with the same fondness as Mugabe. He once pointed out a player that had red dye (from the on-field painted advertising) and got him removed to wipe it off.

Recently admitted he spent a huge part of the weekend watching and planning tricks to stretch the rules

Nerd with a hard head

Getting smashed atm. Not good viewing
I don't mind the getting smashed, newbies against the premiers. I am more concerned about the playing from behind every single contest.

Come on you Giants
I was on this train until I heard Gerard Healy's voice.

Now I don't care either way.

Isn't it phunny that the crowds (especially for finals) are getting bigger as the game is getting shitter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keen to watch Tom Green tonight. He’s a different beast.

They are all so different those flags.

2008 is the best IMO - young up and coming Hawks arrive from nowhere. Beat the cockiest Geelong team ever against all odds.
2013 was maybe the worst - so much pressure - a Hawks team that was scared to death of losing again.
2014 was simply visceral revenge. The crowd was baying for blood that day and got what they wanted.
2015 was simply a party.
2008 is the best day at the footy bar none. 2012 was the worst. Logic says footy gods but I still can’t think about 2012 without getting pissed off.

I didn’t really enjoy 2013, relief is the best adjective. If we didn’t win that after being the best team for 2 years, would have been an impossibly hard pill to swallow.

2014 was football perfection, the high point. As Bruce said in the commentary, champion team produced its ‘masterpiece’.

2015 was a procession towards history. The qualifying final hiccup made it more enjoyable but I was supremely confident all year and grateful we were able to put a full stop on the era.

Bloody hell collingwood getting the easiest ride from the umpires here. A bloke got penalised for diving on it, he was already on the ground when he took the ball. That's not diving on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back