No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

When do we get to see Geelong play a top 4 side
All 6 of their opponents so far this year are currently sitting outside the 8. Brisbane should be in the 8 as should the Dogs but there not. Incredibly cruisey draw that they have taken full advantage of and it's set up another finals appearance regardless of how they go the rest of the year. Haven't played any top notch sides yet but it's given them plenty of confidence that it won't matter when it gets tougher for them eventually. Well done AFL looking after your golden child once again.

how many years did Richmond sign Kozi for? would be a bit concerning that the Kiwi guy has had more impact today
I would have thought the fact that he couldn't crack a spot in our forward line last year (probably the weakest forward line Ive ever seen for the Hawks) might have given the Tigers recruiting team food for thought.

The guy literally just does not get Aussie Rules Football. He looks like a exchange student from Poland who has been picked for his uni team as he is a big, strong lad but hasn't a clue about what he is doing on the field.

I think he's going to become a much more powerful athlete than Cousins. Doubt many could match Cousin's running power either.

Agree. Going back a long time here but he reminds me a bit of G Ablett Snr. He was a powerful unit from the get go in his early days at Hawthorn, looked and played like he'd been in the VFL for years and had heaps of mongrel in him. Not a young man you would want to mess with.

All 6 of their opponents so far this year are currently sitting outside the 8. Brisbane should be in the 8 as should the Dogs but there not. Incredibly cruisey draw that they have taken full advantage of and it's set up another finals appearance regardless of how they go the rest of the year. Haven't played any top notch sides yet but it's given them plenty of confidence that it won't matter when it gets tougher for them eventually. Well done AFL looking after your golden child once again.
Incredible soft 'fixture' for a side that won a flag 20 odd games ago ......media/radio silence

Based on 2023 ladder finishes they were scheduled to play 7 games in their first 9 against teams that finished higher than them. They had a 4 day break going into the game against the Bulldogs. They’ve also only had 2 home games in the first 6 rounds with 2 interstate trips. How on earth is this favourable treatment?

Some posters here just love to give Geelong lurkers free entertainment with this rabid paranoia.

Based on 2023 ladder finishes they were scheduled to play 7 games in their first 9 against teams that finished higher than them. They had a 4 day break going into the game against the Bulldogs. They’ve also only had 2 home games in the first 6 rounds with 2 interstate trips. How on earth is this favourable treatment?

Some posters here just love to give Geelong lurkers free entertainment with this rabid paranoia.
GeElOnG RuN tHe AfL UsInG 5G ChAt GpT aNd HoLoGrAmS tO RiG tHe FiXtUrE aNd FaThEr / SoN rUlEs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Murphy has retired following advice from doctors due to his numerous concussions.

I'll admit, I don't know the legitimacy of this source, and know they're a frequent s**t stirrer on AFL twitter, but if this is a real clip, it'll be very interesting to see what the AFL does. Can't imagine they'd be too happy with these comments

I'll admit, I don't know the legitimacy of this source, and know they're a frequent s**t stirrer on AFL twitter, but if this is a real clip, it'll be very interesting to see what the AFL does. Can't imagine they'd be too happy with these comments

I think he’s allowed to be pissed off with being suspended.

I think he’s allowed to be pissed off with being suspended.
I wouldn't be surprised if he got a please explain from the league. I also think it impacts the genuineness of his apology

I wouldn't be surprised if he got a please explain from the league. I also think it impacts the genuineness of his apology
I don’t. You can be sorry for doing something yet pissed off for missing 3 games at the same time.

I don’t. You can be sorry for doing something yet pissed off for missing 3 games at the same time.
I guess part of the problem is the total lack of context in that clip. Is he annoyed at his actions? Is he annoyed at being punished for his actions? Is he annoyed at the disparity between his punishment and Clarkson's?

I guess part of the problem is the total lack of context in that clip. Is he annoyed at his actions? Is he annoyed at being punished for his actions? Is he annoyed at the disparity between his punishment and Clarkson's?
I think you take his words as stated.

He’s pissed off that he got suspended for 3 games.

I think you take his words as stated.

He’s pissed off that he got suspended for 3 games.
I think the fact Clarko got no suspension at all for his own homophobic slur just a couple months ago would add to that feeling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back