No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong starting the season on fire and slowly fading out would bring me so much joy.
Geelong did not start the year on fire - they beat the Saints, Crows, Hawks, Dogs, North, Lions and then Carlton.

I’ll pay Carlton as a good win - all the rest are bottom 4 or massive underachievers this year.

It looks like it was just too hot and humid for sustained pressure. Game was SUPER open.

They should play these games in July/August, cooler evenings and less humid. Harder to find accommodation/flights though because that’s when everyone visits.

Also haven’t read this whole discussion so apologies if it’s been raised, but Ned Moyle ran amok

We all love it when Geelong lose, highly entertaining game.

It's there biggest loss for 30 years, which is an amazing stat.

The only downer from last night is watching Noah Anderson running around in that god damn awful jumper, absolute jet.

Geelong will be out of the top 4 if Essendon, GWS and Melbourne all win.

Their opponents are North Melbourne, The Dogs and West Coast respectively.

Huge chance.

Edit: Actually, could fall as low as 7th if Carlton and Port win comfortably.

Huge chance.

Was going to give this a like, but kinda hard given what Port winning comfortably means!

I guess it will be some silver lining if we get smashed though.

Geelong did not start the year on fire - they beat the Saints, Crows, Hawks, Dogs, North, Lions and then Carlton.

I’ll pay Carlton as a good win - all the rest are bottom 4 or massive underachievers this year.
And all those teams apart from lions are their double ups

Huge chance.

Cannot see Carlton beating Sydney comfortably

Was going to give this a like, but kinda hard given what Port winning comfortably means!

I guess it will be some silver lining if we get smashed though.
I can guarantee to you that won't be the first or the forty first thought that'll go through my head if we get smashed.

I can guarantee to you that won't be the first or the forty first thought that'll go through my head if we get smashed.
If you're going to it, you'll probably need to focus on evading all the smug, feral Port fans!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all love it when Geelong lose, highly entertaining game.

It's there biggest loss for 30 years, which is an amazing stat.

The only downer from last night is watching Noah Anderson running around in that god damn awful jumper, absolute jet.

Sounds like they might fix the jumper. Currently it looks like a pack of crisps

Second week in a row that a team has put a run of multiple goals on the cats. Hell even we did something similar in q2 against them.
It seems teams are starting to put a fair bit of work into Stewart now similar to what has been happening with Sicily and players are also getting under his skin like they do with him too.

everyone needs to chill. they were extreme conditions so not reflective of any trend. Gold Coast however, looking good for a top 4 run this year.
Gold Coast look garbage anywhere outside of Darwin and Home. I doubt they make finals, let alone top 4.

everyone needs to chill. they were extreme conditions so not reflective of any trend. Gold Coast however, looking good for a top 4 run this year.
Agreed but I assume some aren't basing their thoughts on last nights game at TIO but rather other games. GC most certainly seem to adapt to the conditions up there a lot better than other teams which is a distinct advantage but like other years I reckon the Cats are downhill skiers / flat track bullies. Either way we shall see.

Top 8 maybe, top 4 would be fairly unlikely I'd say.

I thought he had 7 figures on the table from someone.
He would have. But the Geelong Mail (SEN) reported he sacrificed cash for success.

I saw someone on here reference $850k, but again, not sure if that's correct. That I suppose would be the inference in signing for "unders".

His manager would not be so stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back