Club Focus Gold Coast 2021 - Chol, Andrew, Constable

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast first pick up for grabs. Currently pick 5.

Obviously this would be very valuable for a team with an older list or in rebuild.

Obviously GC would expect a very good player under 27 for that.

What would be a win-win and fair trade for both sides?

(No Bombers fans. Please don't nominate Zaharakis or Hooker 😉).

This never works as players worth that much generally don't want to leave their clubs, let alone leave their clubs for GC.

They'd have to pay pick 5 for a Tom Mitchell type player if they are hellbent on spending it, which GC ultimately wouldn't do.
He's 28. So I think GC would not do that.

But agree. It's definitely not an easy trade and quite tricky.
Not impossible though.

Eagles maybe could get it done.
Off the top of my head they could do pick 5 for Duggan and Brander and then maybe send the GC a third rounder as well

Last edited:
He's 28. So I think GC would not do that.

But agree. It's definitely not an easy trade and quite tricky.
Not impossible though.

Eagles maybe could get it done.
Off the top of my head they could do pick 5 for Nelson and Brander and then maybe send the GC a third rounder as well
If GCS do that, they should shut down the club.

Here's another bad idea - Ben Keays and 20 for 5.

Suns would want a Key Back or Key Forward for pick 5, Ideally Moore/Balta/Andrews region. A nice crack at Harry Mckay would of been good but yeah not many teams or players would wanna come up here.

Then we go down the 27+ route, like Mcgovern, Darling, types who may not be worth the pick 5 but because it may be too good to pass on the Eagles may think about it. Both 29 so pick 5 for a 29year old isn't really a good deal in anyones books but Suns need an A Grader or two with their current hand of 5/19/24

This just feels like a bad move to say "yeah we're giving it up" well before the trade period. You're running the risk of taking a sh*t deal just to prove it.
Maybe but teams plan well in advance.
Players and managers etc need time to consider a trade.
Especially when it involves moving city or State.
Some player might need time to shift a family.

What about Shai Bolton for pick 5?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id say it would have to be a player in his prime maybe FA age but contracted. So who trades someone in their prime for a P5 .... that really will be P7 because of FS bids ... that probably will take 2 year of development before they are ready to play serious football. You might get an Elijah Hollands but you may have to wait years to see a dividend for the trade.

What about Shai Bolton for pick 5?

Bolton easily worth it. Would be a good swap for both sides.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back