• Patrick Parnell

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thilthorpe’s stats, for only 53% game time, were absolutely elite.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I just liked how Thilthorpe attacked the contest, and the improvement in his hands .....he's obviously doing a lot of work on his marking

I haven't been on the Doedee knock train .....but he did struggle yesterday & might be carrying something .....or generally a bit sore ?

Why only 53% game time? I thought his tank was supposed to be one of his strengths.
Thilthorpe started without any bandages .....but then had his knee strapped ...so it may have been in part due to medical attention ....in part, not having too many talls on the park in the wet

It's a far cry, from a couple of seasons ago then, when SANFL clubs were fearful the Crows wouldn't take the comp seriously ......now you're trying to tell me we're taking up a list spot to win the comp, in preference to a list need

View attachment 1448985
We are so scared of losing members we will try anything to hold or get members back

The smell of financial fear is a cloud over West Lakes

Thilthorpe started without any bandages .....but then had his knee strapped ...so it may have been in part due to medical attention ....in part, not having too many talls on the park in the wet
Thilthorpe needs to stack on some muscle which will make him less likely to pick up injuries.

They didn’t have the ball in that footage, we moved the ball forward and Schoey began working in the direction of the ball. I’m not saying he hasn’t done the wrong thing, but if you’re going to torch him for that, then there’s about 200 other instances of it occurring every game.
Just did some dishes, thinking more about Schoey and what you said.
I must have missed something, because they certainly got the ball and Daicos ran off Schoenberg, unattended, to receive and goal moments later.
I wasn't trying to "torch" Schoenberg, although Kornes might have been.

Please think on this: what made Laird's and Berry's games so outstanding yesterday? Both are mids, both meant to be ball-getters and driving forces; as is Schoenberg. It was not just their possessions, but what they did when the oppo had the ball.
They tackled. Hard, and often, 37 times. Schoenberg does/did not. By way of comparison, the whole of the St. Kilda side yesterday had 11 tackles to half-time; 16 players with NO tackles to half-time. Tackling is a result of intent and concentration --- "we don't have the ball/they have the ball? Tackle-time!" --- and Berry leads the comp. in tackling!

Like I said, I like Schoey and after last year had high hopes for him.
This year, my impression of Schoenberg is based on his actions:
--- he's been superceded by Berry as a mid
--- he's not getting as many possessions, and
--- he's making nowhere near the number of tackles as Berry/Laird and others.
Schoenberg averages 3.4 tackles/game; Berry 5.86 but over 8 this year :oops: . Laird, 3.23 but over 7 this year.
I'd like to see Schoenberg lift his defensive intensity; that's all.

We are so scared of losing members we will try anything to hold or get members back

The smell of financial fear is a cloud over West Lakes
A loss in Finals by our SANFL team ...will cost us members 🤔

People going to games ....AFL games, is the biggest issue ......In VIC, it's the on-line ticketing system, whereby club members have to get a ticket, rather than simply scanning their members ticket

The AFL has deterred people deciding on the day, to go the footy ......trying to make $$ on ticketing, thinking it wouldn't impact crowds ......or the ticketing surcharge, would outweigh any reduction in crowd size .....bad call Gil !

Mistake.gif

Thilthorpe needs to stack on some muscle which will make him less likely to pick up injuries.
True ....and that'll take another couple of PS's

That said, if his knee's are susceptible .....WTF would you risk Thilthorpe in the Ruck ?

A loss in Finals by our SANFL team ...will cost us members 🤔
Come on Wayne - you're smarter than this - nobody microwaves their passes because the seconds lose

Its not the loss that will cost us members - it will be a win that gains or keeps members

Come on Wayne - you're smarter than this - nobody microwaves their passes because the seconds lose

Its not the loss that will cost us members - it will be a win that gains or keeps members
Are we talking SANFL or AFL ? .....asking for a friend

Just did some dishes, thinking more about Schoey and what you said.
I must have missed something, because they certainly got the ball and Daicos ran off Schoenberg, unattended, to receive and goal moments later.
I wasn't trying to "torch" Schoenberg, although Kornes might have been.

Please think on this: what made Laird's and Berry's games so outstanding yesterday? Both are mids, both meant to be ball-getters and driving forces; as is Schoenberg. It was not just their possessions, but what they did when the oppo had the ball.
They tackled. Hard, and often, 37 times. Schoenberg does/did not. By way of comparison, the whole of the St. Kilda side yesterday had 11 tackles to half-time; 16 players with NO tackles to half-time. Tackling is a result of intent and concentration --- "we don't have the ball/they have the ball? Tackle-time!" --- and Berry leads the comp. in tackling!

Like I said, I like Schoey and after last year had high hopes for him.
This year, my impression of Schoenberg is based on his actions:
--- he's been superceded by Berry as a mid
--- he's not getting as many possessions, and
--- he's making nowhere near the number of tackles as Berry/Laird and others.
Schoenberg averages 3.4 tackles/game; Berry 5.86 but over 8 this year :oops: . Laird, 3.23 but over 7 this year.
I'd like to see Schoenberg lift his defensive intensity; that's all.
On the brightside Soligo is bloody hard at it. I heard Brown say on the telecast we have found one there which I fully agree. I think Schoenberg has been disappointing but he has shown some improvement the last couple of games. What I like us to do is bring Taylor in for McHenry or Murphy and interchange Harry and Taylor through the midfield and half forward. This will keep each player fresh when they are playing midfidld. Let them battle it out which should improve both players.

I was a big critic of Murray this year but I’ve actually been impressed the last 3 weeks. He’s getting better every week and I love his aggression. With Butts playing badly, Murray has been impressive
I like Murray in spite of being raw.

I wish we had used him in the ruck for ten minutes in the last quarter yesterday just to run into Cox a few times.
ROB was well beaten late.

for how many seasons? four, five, this decade?

I was pointing out that the Pies have risen from 17th to in the eight. We look like going 18th, 15th, 16th and i can't see us rising against those around us.
You were the one that said who we beat is based on our previous years ladder position. Without any context around where the pies list is, how mnay games their players have played etc. What does it matter if we go 15th, 15th then 5th? Who said you must finish higher each year for a rebuild to be successful? What do you actually expect?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t see all the game… but if this is true, how come they’ve figured this guy out so quickly and yet it‘s taken them a decade and a half (and counting) to figure out Joel Selwood?
That is the most infuriating part. Everyone's applauding the umpiring of Jack and calling him out on it yet you will not hear a single word about Selwood making a career of it. The guy became the all time leader of 'frees for' years ago and is light years ahead of the next closest.

You can not umpire Jack like they did yesterday, and then go and pay Selwood at least 2 of the same thing later in the night.

It was very interesting on the broadcast too as they were talking about Jack either Browny or Buckley, don't remember who, followed up with "Huddo you're a Geelong man aren't you?" And the conversation got shut down very quick.

I like Murray in spite of being raw.

I wish we had used him in the ruck for ten minutes in the last quarter yesterday just to run into Cox a few times.
ROB was well beaten late.
The thing with Murray is he won't be in a successful crows side or at least he shouldn't. Most big guys are now 200cm + so he is already giving away around 10cms in height and reach. He also plays slow and is rubbish with the ball so generally is limited to a 15m chip sideways or dump down the line like butts. Tell me a good side that has 2 lockdowns defenders with this skillset?

We did not pick Turner to play SANFL .....the Club has never done that, and any insinuation of that kind, is just not true

It's easy to lay claim to that, given Turner is returning after injury & adjusting to AFL like ......WCE have also said #1 pick Jai Culley is still learning what the AFL training requirements are all about

Culley is 19 and Turner is 25 so a big difference. Having said that the club has never focused on winning Sanfl and I highly doubt they would draft for it. Freeman was a free signing
The most logical reason would be we don’t have many players over 24 and they rated him pretty highly

Culley is 19 and Turner is 25 so a big difference. Having said that the club has never focused on winning Sanfl and I highly doubt they would draft for it. Freeman was a free signing
The most logical reason would be we don’t have many players over 24 and they rated him pretty highly

The most obvious reason for drafting Turner, was a mature bigger body .....also a player that uses his legs from the contest, over being handball happy

Would there also have been some thought to a replacement ...should we lose Matt Crouch at seasons end ...in terms of adding another player in a 24+ agegroup ?

So Rahilly said on Friday Murphy was brought in to play a sacrificial role on Pendles or Daicos. Instead he was on Noble. Why wouldn’t he have gone to Daicos?

So Rahilly said on Friday Murphy was brought in to play a sacrificial role on Pendles or Daicos. Instead he was on Noble. Why wouldn’t he have gone to Daicos?
Why didn't anyone go to Daicos?

Why didn't anyone go to Daicos?
I suspect it went like this:

We took a half forward and pushed them up to the ball. They would stand on the defensive side of all ball ups on their own.
Collingwood did the same.
Ours was a combination of McHenry/Murphy.
Theirs was Daicos.

No point having your loose extra player as one who is fumbling and can't impact the game.

24 touches at 25%... lol. Imagine the absolute spray they would get for bringing in another guy who can't hit targets... to put that into perspective he had the worst DE onto he ground for either side. Next was doedee on 44%. Bases on that we absolutely should not have brought him in and I have no idea how people think we should've
Disposal Efficiency % is the most pointless and garbage stat in the game.

oliver and petracca at times have poor disposal efficiency stats.. even when they absolutely rip apart games!..

Just finished watching the replay, and overall a good turnaround compared to the trash of last week.

Too fumbly at a few key's times late and some poor decision making.

Daicos killed us.

I was really happy with Parnell on Cheativan. Fully expected Ginnivan to kick a bag. But Parnell beat him. The first time I have seen Parnell capable of holding a SF defensively. Good signs.

Midfield mix was good. Loved seeing Sog in the rotation.

Dawson needs to work out the tag.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back