• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

• Lachlan Murphy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shoutout to Tex. He legitimately should have been retired or delisted at the end of 2020. He was a shadow of his former self and it looked so unlikely we'd ever see the old Tex again.

It's amazing what happens when you don't get played injured.

His last 18 months he's turned the clock back. Legit is playing career best football. 600 goals is achievable

We love ya Tex!

Shoutout to Tex. He legitimately should have been retired or delisted at the end of 2020. He was a shadow of his former self and it looked so unlikely we'd ever see the old Tex again.

It's amazing what happens when you don't get played injured.

His last 18 months he's turned the clock back. Legit is playing career best football. 600 goals is achievable

We love ya Tex!
Great to see

Lots of positives, but a couple of positives that are kind of negatives deep down.

- Why has it taken Worrell this long? He clearly has game. We're not good. This shouldn't be happening. You'd think 'maybe there's just something we're missing' - but there's not? He's solid. And worth a run. It's pretty poor that the match committee couldn't see that.

- It's really, really nice having role players in the side who aren't liabilities and work within a system pretty well? I'm talking that 13-22 range. For the last 5 years I feel like a lot of our role players have done one thing okay, but lots of things terribly, and kept being picked on seniority.

Comparing Mackay, Atkins, Knight, Gooch, Hartigan, Kelly, Brown, Murphy, Matt Crouch, McPherson - who, to their credit, all had reasons to select them to Murray, Parnell, Hinge, Soligo, Worrell, Milera, McHenry, McAdam, Hamill and (sigh) still Murphy is just such a breath of fresh air. That second batch probably have as much of a material impact on winning as the first batch, but are much younger, harder workers, generally more composed ball users and don't have clear (generally - Ned has a couple) deficiencies that let us down time and time again. It's just frustrating how long we persisted with limited battlers on seniority alone.

Sure, I'm still concerned about the top end talent and what's going to replace Tex, Laird, Smith etc. doing heavy lifting, but I'm confident now that the 'depth' part of our 22 will be a strength for years to come and allow us to play a really solid high-pressure system. It's a real positive.

Fog shrugging off 3 tackles in a row and then slamming it straight through the middle. Special.
Just watched it on AFC highlights, OH MY STARS :eekv1::hearteyes: (and the last Carlton player is probably still seeing them), nothing short of a beautiful solo effort-and-goal.

Dusty is alive, and his name is FOGARTY.

Bad: I was on the hill and saw so many fresh, crisp and clean Carlton scarves, beanies and guernseys. Newly puchached, bandwagon approved gear that won’t ever be worn again. Such waste.
I was astonished watching on TV that there was so much Carlton support there. It was impossible to tell from the crowd noise whether Carlton were hitting or missing their shots at goal: very disturbing. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was also a game where Soligo, Berry and Schoenberg were put in the middle when the game was in the balance. You have to learn that. Tanking is fine in theory, but at some point you have to be winners
Playing kids and winning is fantastic
Playing Crouch keays Laird and Sloane in the middle trying to win dead games at season end is waste of time with no benefits

Bad: I was on the hill and saw so many fresh, crisp and clean Carlton scarves, beanies and guernseys. Newly puchached, bandwagon approved gear that won’t ever be worn again. Such waste.
The merchandise booth outside the eastern gate was doing a roaring trade

Lots of positives, but a couple of positives that are kind of negatives deep down.

- Why has it taken Worrell this long? He clearly has game. We're not good. This shouldn't be happening. You'd think 'maybe there's just something we're missing' - but there's not? He's solid. And worth a run. It's pretty poor that the match committee couldn't see that.

- It's really, really nice having role players in the side who aren't liabilities and work within a system pretty well? I'm talking that 13-22 range. For the last 5 years I feel like a lot of our role players have done one thing okay, but lots of things terribly, and kept being picked on seniority.

Comparing Mackay, Atkins, Knight, Gooch, Hartigan, Kelly, Brown, Murphy, Matt Crouch, McPherson - who, to their credit, all had reasons to select them to Murray, Parnell, Hinge, Soligo, Worrell, Milera, McHenry, McAdam, Hamill and (sigh) still Murphy is just such a breath of fresh air. That second batch probably have as much of a material impact on winning as the first batch, but are much younger, harder workers, generally more composed ball users and don't have clear (generally - Ned has a couple) deficiencies that let us down time and time again. It's just frustrating how long we persisted with limited battlers on seniority alone.

Sure, I'm still concerned about the top end talent and what's going to replace Tex, Laird, Smith etc. doing heavy lifting, but I'm confident now that the 'depth' part of our 22 will be a strength for years to come and allow us to play a really solid high-pressure system. It's a real positive.
Was lucky enough to get some info on Collingwoods forward scouting review on us and it was really positive re how organised we are in full ground defence and how much pressure we apply

Just need to add more layers of offence and match winning ability / skill

Gotta also admit the players have been pretty resilient this year , have never dropped their heads . Just need more talent to make things easier

I guess everyone knows this, but I just have to point it out again. Soligo is a very composed and talented footballer. In particular, his disposals under pressure are as good as anyone in our side. His handballs from congestion seemed to find his teammates at a rate similar to Oliver of Melbourne.

I guess everyone knows this, but I just have to point it out again. Soligo is a very composed and talented footballer. In particular, his disposals under pressure are as good as anyone in our side. His handballs from congestion seemed to find his teammates at a rate similar to Oliver of Melbourne.
Hamish has picked a good one there.

Back