Gorringe, Nicholls and Smith; Who's interested and what are they worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Hinkley would be in the best position to know what he is worth, If he rates him then he should have no problem giving up a pick 10.

Unless Hinkley thinks he's only a pre-season away from becoming the next Dean Cox, Port (namely Peter Rohde, Footy Ops manager) won't be trading our first pick.

I would be interested in getting Gorringe to Hawthorn. He will really be the perfect age to get a ruckman into your club and providing he would be injury free or no chronic issues. If so would have no issue handing over a first rounder.

Not convinced Lowden or Ceglar will prove themselves to be AFL standard. Grimley is a forward/ruck, Bailey is injury-prone and really just a solid contributor IMO. Hale is 30 and best as a 2nd ruck.

Gorringe will be off, 100%.

Just depends who can offer the most. Would expect a South Australian club to go relatively hard for him.

Nicholls was with Tippets sister not sure if he still is maybe get Tippo in his ear :D

Nicholls and Smith won't be going anywhere. Gorringe to Port.

There was a recent article about the genius of Peter Rhode! It was a fun read, but he has developed a fool proof plan for building a great list which includes 'don't trade your first round picks'. I don't think we are going to break the master rule for Gorringe.

I think Gorringe will be at Port next year. I wanted him at Port until I say him play a few games for GC this year. Is he really better than he has shown this year? He doesn't look like he wants to get the ball?

Why would Port want Gorringe with Lobbe, Renouf and Redden in the ruck, and Schulz, Butcher and Stewart up forward? Not even mentioning Westhoff given he doesn't play a conventional tall role. Honest question, as while I've seen a few Port games this year I'm guessing I'm missing something?

Why would Port want Gorringe with Lobbe, Renouf and Redden in the ruck, and Schulz, Butcher and Stewart up forward?

Because Renouf and Stewart are ****ing useless.

What positions would the Suns be looking to fill on their list?

They would probably require a steak-knives ruckman thrown in to any trade for depth. Or instead they could draft a mature guy late. Other than that what else? With Smith, Nicholls, Thompson, Day, Lynch, May and Dixon as their tall brigade for a decade, O'Meara, Prestia, Lonergan, Ablett and Swallow shovelling the ball out to Bennell, Martin, Matera, McKenzie and Harbrow they don't want for much :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Port want Gorringe with Lobbe, Renouf and Redden in the ruck, and Schulz, Butcher and Stewart up forward? Not even mentioning Westhoff given he doesn't play a conventional tall role. Honest question, as while I've seen a few Port games this year I'm guessing I'm missing something?

Stewart will be gone end of year, and Renouf is really only going to be used as backup in case Lobbe and Reddo go down. Westy is playing some great footy floating around the ground too, so having a ruck that can genuinely go down forward frees Westy up to do his thing.

Adelaide would love Gorringe... Seen as we don't have any draft picks, I'm thinking Mackay and a first pick which I'm assuming would be a third rounder for Gorringe.

Thoughts?

Adelaide would love Gorringe... Seen as we don't have any draft picks, I'm thinking Mackay and a first pick which I'm assuming would be a third rounder for Gorringe.

Thoughts?

Third round is a bit nothing, and I'm not sure GC would have a huge interest in Mackay. Deal might come close though.

Thoughts?

Wouldn't get it done coz GC are unlikely to be using draft picks beyond the 2nd round.

They have their 1st round pick, a compo pick & their 2nd round pick, remember they still have to reduce their senior list. They'll probably just use 3 picks, if they want a 4th pick, theirs will be at about the same level as the crows, so your 3rd round is of no use to them.

Probably a decent 2nd round pick would be about right for Corringe. Depends on demand. He has not shown a lot to date. GC could then look to package their 2nd rounders and swap them for an upgrade pick - not necessarily a big upgrade. As a poster mentioned earlier they will probably only use 3 picks anyway as they have to trim their list. So they probably try to trade their way up the picking order as they trim.

People are forgetting this guys has done absolutely bugger all since being on a list. "oh but he was pick 10" , well, GC had a bunch of prelisted 17 year olds and a few other bits n bobs. That included dixon, smith, Toy (who at the time was touted as a potential #1 pick), etc. So on an open market, he was worth maybe 15 at the time. At absolute most this year he is worth pick 20.

Gorringe as everyone has said is likely to be moved on due to injuries and being behind a few other talls on our list.

I would suggest something like end of 1st round compensation pick which we've activated + Gorringe for Port's 1st round pick

So would be something like Pick 19 + Gorringe for Port's first pick...maybe around pick 9-11?

Would give the Suns pick 9-11 from Port + their first round pick maybe pick 6-8.

Would suggest that they may then be bundled together to upgrade even higher to a pick 2-4. Could be very tempting to a St Kilda or a Bulldogs club getting 2 top 10 picks in a rebuild?

Adelaide will go hard for him, we are pretty desperate in the ruck stocks, thankfully our PSD picks haven't been taken away from us yet so we will be in prime position to get him if he does want to leave and no trade sorted.

That said, none of us hopes that happens because we were pretty bitter with Tippet doing that and i'd rather work out a deal with the suns. Which means a massive complex trade is coming up with roughly 6 teams, similar to the guy who turned a paperclip into a house :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back