Game Day Grand Final 2016: Swans v Bulldogs....

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It seemed quite staged. Beveridge was just pumping up Murphys tires just as the Vic press do with monotonous regularity.

I thought Murphy was actually dead and they had a state funeral months ago to be honest.
It didn't look staged at all, Beveridge was about to walk off stage,it was then an afterthought.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

I wont deny that the dogs are heavily favoured by umps and they constantly cheat by throwing and ducking. But they do seem to get to the ball first more often than not and they are willing to put their body on the line and dive in to win the ball while their opponent is busy trying to keep their feet. Seen it time and time again this final series. They are like some starving mongrel dog after a chunk of meat. I wish some of our players would be like that, only sloane is anywhere near that level of hunger.

Yeah it was pretty humbling to see them go at it, it was like all players were giving 110% non-stop. To see a Swans player about to get an uncontested ball off the ground, and a bulldog player on his hands and knees just willing himself to get a hand on it was incredible. I know Bevo is a flog but he's a seriously good coach.

They've got some killer players. We may not have the high picks they've had but maybe we can find some gems elsewhere without having to bottom out - Dahlhaus and JJ were both taken deep in the rookie draft.

It didn't look staged at all, Beveridge was about to walk off stage,it was then an afterthought.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

I think he started to take the medal off from around his neck just as he started to ask for Murphy to come up to the dais. What I think was even more of a selfless gesture and sign that Bevo is a champion bloke was how he stepped back and let Wood and Murphy raise the cup. Great moment I thought, as he probably thought this moment is about the club and the players. In that split second, whether it was calculated or not, I doubt many coaches would have done that.

Without reading there whole thread.

Watching the game and not keeping and eye on the free kick count, I thought the Swans got the raw end of the free kicks. The ones that stood out was Dogs players diving into the legs of the Swans players only for the Dogs getting the free for high when it should have been Swans free. Two goals from this. One in Dogs 50 and the other at Dogs half back but they were also given that ridiculous 50 metre penalty. Game winners those. Pretty sure there was another at least and that was just the same bad calls.

Not bitter about Dogs winning but like to see a balanced umpired game.

With the Dogs winning yesterday, admittedly I felt gutted. This was a massive missed opportunity to win the flag this year. Yes I am jealous and I don't ever get jealous I am always grateful for what I have in my life, but as a Crows supporter it's been painful. We and most of us in here were too young to appreciate how damn hard it is to win the flag.

It pains me and shits me, that teams like Geelong, Eagles and Swans can put up s**t below par performances against other teams and yet against us play like Premeirs. In their last games of the season they had massive errors in terms of clangers and turnovers and often unforced too.

Agreed, and I know where you're coming from. However, I came to a realization during yesterday's game, and I hope the club does too.

The Dogs had inferior players to the Swans, and indeed, many of their better players seemd to have superficially quiet games in the GF, so how did they win? OK, they had 20-8 frees in favour, but the real reason is that they were a better team than Sydney. I don't like saying it, but they were coached better in making use of what they've got, with fierce and dogged :) determination. Their bottom players were all relatively decent, as opposed to Sydney's who were non-existent. Of course, the coaching methods include deliberate ducking, diving, dropping and throwing, but they get away with it.

The point I'd like to have discussed therefore relates to our game plan. It seems that coaching and method is more important than the players themselves, so should we adopt more of the boring and nasty Dogs plan, or persist with entertaining during the minor round and failing in finals? I think we should at least try to graft a heart transplant into all players on the list and also recruit with this aspect in mind, rather than going after more mercurial types who go missing in finals. I would not be in favour of coaching the ducking and throwing aspects, but hey, why not, if it works?

Any ideas?

Can someone please explain to me how Jason Johanissen could be judged BOG today, and awarded the Norm Smith Medal?

I know he got a lot of the ball, and ran a lot of metres.. but I'm struggling to remember him hitting a teammate by foot at any stage during the game. For most of the game I'd watch him get the ball, and start a countdown - turnover in 3, 2, 1.... as he unerringly picked out one Sydney player after another. Sure, he had 9x inside 50s... but 8 of them went straight to the Cheating COLA defenders and went straight back down the other end of the field.

I could definitely understand them giving it to Tom Boyd, Liam Picken, or Marcus Bontempelli. I could even understand them giving it to Kennedy (wouldn't be the first player to win the NS medal in a losing team). But Johanissen? Seriously?
This shows me that so many on here don't understand football. Yes he messed up three disposals in a row which made it stand out, but intercepted, was always in right spot, and gave them great run and metres gained. Was by BOG for sure

We need a selection culture shift. Midfielders who can't run are absolutely useless. We had one who took pride of place and we chose him ahead of the team.
The bulldogs have small frames but are real bulldogs and throw their weight around with no fear for their safety. There are quick , nimble, lateral and have great closing speed and can run. Sydney is the same over most parts of ground. That's why I would have traded JJ and played with another smaller player down fed ie Menzel. McGovern and Walker as the two talls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had a look on a few opposition boards to see how they are viewing our beautiful victory yesterday. And I almost can't believe what I'm reading on this board? Surely you are not all as bad sports as the posts I'm reading. If anyone on here thinks the Bulldogs win yesterday was because of some sort of umpire conspiracy, or good luck etc are small minded petty losers who have a heart of stone. Or maybe some sort of supiriority complex. Somethings the Sydney fans didn't show yesterday, they were all class. Much more than what I'm reading.

I've had a look on a few opposition boards to see how they are viewing our beautiful victory yesterday. And I almost can't believe what I'm reading on this board? Surely you are not all as bad sports as the posts I'm reading. If anyone on here thinks the Bulldogs win yesterday was because of some sort of umpire conspiracy, or good luck etc are small minded petty losers who have a heart of stone. Or maybe some sort of supiriority complex. Somethings the Sydney fans didn't show yesterday, they were all class. Much more than what I'm reading.
Get off your soapbox

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that one of the first things I'll do when the Crows win their next Premiership is read opposition BigFooty boards.

Your team deserved to win yesterday so well done and enjoy it while you can. As for being bad sports, I would suggest you go to your own board and look up that thread you had about Taliagate from last year, Stones in glasshouses and all.

Even though your team won, this post proves you're still a loser.

What are you even doing here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from denying tosser Tippett a flag all yesterday stood for was yet another victory for the VFL.

Yours is just another victorian team who benefits from a competition that is so seriously compromised that any other overseas organisation would laugh and have nothing to do with it.

In your 6 games in Victoria against non Vic sides the free kick count stands at 131-76, and that just scratches the surface. The fixture - at what point in the season did you actually leave Ethiad? The financial equalisation which keeps your sorry side afloat. The 8 day break between the semi and prelim. The list just goes on.

If you want to keep bathing in your VFL fapfest this ain't the place

Agreed, for an event like that he has to play songs everyone knows. Not a new song he wants everyone to buy his new CD for.

I don't mind Sting but if he was chosen he needed to sing 5 songs with maybe Van Joy doing 1 or 2 songs before. I have no idea why Living End was there, they haven't been around for a long while. People probably think they were better than Sting, which they probably were but it's a GF and needed someone of international fame or one of the biggest Australian Artists such as ACDC.

FWIW my dream GF Musician would be the Foo Fighters. Bon Jovi would also be great, but they'll probably feature one day, maybe 20 years when they are well past it.

The concept of a solo artist singing in the middle of an Australian football field is ludicrous at best!

Rethink this AFL, and everybody else.

Back