33 Chaz Sargeant
34 Jack Dimery
35 Ben Ried
36 Marcus Crook
37 Chris Varsamkis
38 Tim Barton
39 Luke Garland
40 Brett Dore

Apparently there is live streaming of the game on the Giants webside, as unfortunately it is in South Australia..
Carn the Greater Western Giants!

Folau looked pretty good in all honesty, one of GWS's best. I think his skills are going to surprise a few people. Didnt look to unnatural out there. Played a bit up back on Schulz (Who did kick about 4 or so when on him) and then up forward on Trengove. Didnt get a heap, but looked alright.

Nothing really to add from recent weeks about GWS. Some players showed a fair bit, and looked pretty good. Just not enough out there yet, and still very very young.

Port Adelaide 21.13 (139)
GWS 6.8 (44)

Second half quarters were also shortened to 20 Minutes only, due to the heat over here today.

I was there and first thought is Folau has a long way to go. His defensive awareness was not great, just couldn't go with schulz.

Here's some photo's from today's game for you all :)

img0193b.jpg

img0191m.jpg

img0138.jpg

img0121.jpg

img0077f.jpg

img0019f.jpg

Was impressed with Andrew Phillips and Jack Hombsch for you orange jaffas, too.

Hombsch was picking up Westhoff, giving a fair bit of height, for a bit. Took a good mark on him.

Phillips was pretty mobile, good for a big man.

Josh Bruce was pretty error ridden. Just seemed to rush himself a couple of times.

PS- your guernseys look much better in person. I'm a fan :)

Alright - from what I hear Issy didn't do too bad! Stood up well in contests, good handpasses under pressure..
Wasn't so great at reading the play but the only way he can get better at that is by playing - and Westhoff, his direct opponent, has at least a decade of experrience playing Australian Football compared to Folau's several months..
He'll get much better during this year I have no doubts!

Schulz his direct opponent. Not Westhoff. Your point does stack up though, Schulz has years of experience.

Dammit, you're right!
But essentially it was his first real hit out of Australian Football at any level. And whoever his opponents were had not only been playing it competitively for decades, but are good enough to play it at the elite level.
Give him a year in the NEAFL and he will really improve. Much like the rest of the Giants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back