Toast GREATNESS: Our Tradition, Our Ambition

Remove this Banner Ad

But why isn't the 2nd E the same ?

182818_7408c68d1e8bf5bdea018b2edc2dfeec_zps7eu3zxtq.jpg

Because then if you glanced at the text your brain would take an extra .0005 of a second to process the information.

Having one actual 'E' makes it easy to process the 'hooped E'.

Pretty standard design tactic.
You tested this theory no doubt!?

The 2016 membership video on the website today is a beauty. No mention of 'we're coming' which is a relief.

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/video/2015-10-14/2016-membership-teaser

Classy video incorporating many of the elements that make us most proud to be fans of this mighty club.

The inclusion of the aerial shot of the ground is fantastic. For those of us who remember the dilapidated state of our home in years not too far distant, it is a brilliant snapshot of how our club has become a force to be reckoned with on and off the field.

They're preaching to the converted with me of course, but I'm in!:cool:

That looks like a membership bumper sticker to me.

Thank god I can replace my lame 'Mighty Member' one.
This may be the first bumper sticker i actually put on my car, i have a bunch of unopened ones still in plastic that i have pinned up near my desk at work etc but this one might make it all the way to the car :p

Why didn't they do the 'E" in "NESS' the same as the one in 'GREAT'? :confused:
Not sure but i think it looks better the way it is, both E's looks a little over the top i think:

EDIT: Oops someone beat me too it >.<

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone make the logo but only the second E has the stripes while the first E is normal

excellent work by the club. Also like the way it has been timed to coincide with a big list turn over, us turning into a destination club.

Simple and effective, acknowledges the past and points to the future

great video, hope they play it before the home games on the big screen or even between quarters. Very uplifting.

On a slightly different note if your car bumper had mighty member and we're coming plastered all over it you might end up with some fairly unsavoury attention. Hopefully the new sticker is more along the 'greatness' line...

I'm not sure how recent this is but I noticed today there's an automatic membership renewal option when renewing membership online. It's tantamount to giving a direct debit authority. For mine it's not clearly delineated. Reckon the club needs to make that clearer.

From my own experience it seems the club swings wildly in interaction with members. I've had membership staff ring me and chat for ages, and other years absolutely zero contact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back