Hardwick quits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fly and Leppa took the 20 pieces of silver.
Perhaps Mini takes over as senior coach.
He has been at Tigerland since 2014.
The time is ripe for Jack R to retire at the end of the year, become an assistant, then ultimately senior coach.
A great tactical genius of the game.

Fly and Leppa took the 20 pieces of silver.
Perhaps Mini takes over as senior coach.
He has been at Tigerland since 2014.
The time is ripe for Jack R to retire at the end of the year, become an assistant, then ultimately senior coach.
A great tactical genius of the game.
Jack R will get a media gig

RJK Tiger can you turn you webcam off when your reading everyone's melt to your posts

laughing-fat.gif

Another essay about nothing

Even on a day like today you find a way to turn it into a negative FMD

A day like today is a negative. You just cant see it yet. If this was a celebration then why did Benny Gale look like he was at a funeral?

And that post is not even long enough to be considered an essay for twitter. Its about 200 words, which is about 2 minutes of talking.

Don't forget our lil message from NaturalDisaster Muddiemoose - This looks a lot like baiting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A day like today is a negative. You just cant see it yet. If this was a celebration then why did Benny Gale look like he was at a funeral?

And that post is not even long enough to be considered an essay for twitter. Its about 200 words, which is about 2 minutes of talking.

Don't forget our lil message from NaturalDisaster Muddiemoose - This looks a lot like baiting.
Hahaha so you think that you no longer will be held accountable ?

Every post you make is baiting

OK, had enough of the personal jibes on here.
Put a poster on ignore if they annoy you that much.
Everybody needs to think twice before posting.
Not only is it derailing the thread, it's actually embarrassing to read.

Tend to be right though.

Dimma literally just quit mate, we have no draft picks and are bottom 5. Its not a good time to tell me i have s**t-takes. Like it or not bucko's - I was right
having all our picks in the 2024 draft in the new coaches first year is still pretty good

Does he forgo his 2024 salary?
He quit , so it should be resounding yes , same with this year remaining,only way is if he has been sacked and that isn’t the case here.

you can’t say I quit so pay me out

I’m 47yo and I remember growing up, all I wanted was for Richmond to be competitive most weeks. Not win flags or even make finals, just don’t be a laughing stock more often than not.

Then in 2013 I couldn’t believe we’d made finals. I shed a tear at that first final in front of 95,000 fans as the team ran out … had my 6yo and 8yo boys in tow. What a great moment seeing them back on the big stage… then finals failures hit and the idea of just being happy to be ‘competitive’ was yesterdays news …. now I needed to win a final to be satisfied.

Then came 2017 first final against the Cats, who’d toyed with us for 3 decades and had a 13-game winning streak against us. I’d already worked out we lost the first final to the Cats, then get done in the second final to Sydney … straight sets, cya later Tigers.

Then we dominated the Cats early but scores were level around half-time. We’d missed our moment and the heartache was coming …. then Dusty played a second half for the ages and the heartache didn’t come ….. we’d actually won a final for the first time in 16-years! My now 10yo and 12yo boys were in tow. What a night!

Then came the PF… greatest footy night of my life. But at what stage would the dagger through the heart come? As it had for 37-years at some stage each season. A tough struggle but then we kicked clear, only to somehow have GWS close to within 20-points with plenty of time on the clock…. this was going to be it. The ultimate dagger, losing to GWS in front of 95,000 fans. How could you do it to me? But then, they settled and Jack, who’d been well beaten all game, took a mark and snapped the sealer. We were home, and Jack who was my kids hero had delivered.

At this time I was satisfied. I get to see a GF. What a journey and what an effort. But Crows had been dominant and looked too big a task. Went to the game with boys again in tow. Crows kicked the first 2 x goals and the dream was finally over. But it wasn’t a dagger, it was just a clap for the season that had been, but all good things must come to an end….

But then ….. the game started to shift. Caddy snapped a goal and Jack missed a couple, but we were suddenly in the game. But the second quarter was the Crows best all season, so they’d respond…. but in the second we kicked 4 goals to zip. I was in the forward pocket, city end. Just before half time I said to the boys …”Look, Dusty has just drifted to FF” …. Then Prestia clears and Dusty did what Dusty does to give us a half time lead..maybe, just maybe we were a chance.

Then the third quarter we couldn’t miss … Castagna even nailed one straight through the middle. If we could just kick the first of the last quarter we should be home …. but the dagger was surely going to come…. just how unbearable would it be.

Then we kicked to a 45-point lead, and the bloke next me made the terrible mistake of saying “we’re home” …. I said “why would you say that?”, despite all logic suggesting we were home.

But then the grim reaper appeared, and the Crows kicked 2-goals in minute to bring it back to 33-points. OMG … this dagger with the Cross kicking 8-straight goals was going to be the worst yet.

Then Betts took a mark about 45m out and it was about to be 27-points with 10-minutes left. But he inexplicably played on. Then dished off and I think it was Cameron got caught HTB …. was that the moment passed for the Crows?

Just one more goal to seal it Tigers… for f**CK’s sake just put me out of my misery.

Then we missed a shot to seal it to leave the slightest of chances. Then from the kick out Townsend marked. This was it. Kick this and the dagger is put to bed. Straight through the high diddle diddle it went, and me and my boys celebrated the next 10 minutes like never before.

That was enough. I could die happy. I never thought I’d see a competitive team, or a finals win, and certainly never a flag. Then me and my kids saw 3…. freakin 3 of the bloody things!!

My old man is a Saints supporter and was there in 1966 as an 18yo. He’s in in aged care home and I hope beyond hope he gets to feel what we all felt for 4 x amazing years.

Losing still hurts like hell and we seem to have found some more daggers with all these close losses ….. but 2017-2020 means the pain only lingers for days, not weeks, months or years on end.

Thanks Dimma …. a true Tigerman forever !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It was colourful without substance was my thought. When he obviously talks about his journey with the club etc, its lovely & you get those feels. But ultimately, this is a presser about the main job at the club being terminated, effective immediately. No farewell game. No chance for the supporters to say goodbye. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200,000. Why did it need to end like this after 10 years?

I get Dimma wants to make this year all about a celebration of whats been, but as you all have realised - i am not made for that stuff. Its about the work and moving forward. I wanted an interview that gave me some insight to whats been happening and where we are heading. From what i can get from it he watched the Last Dance & got a hard on, wanted to go for one more, we mortgaged our future to do it & when it failed he ran out of love for the contest and quit without warning.

His career with us is definitely worth celebrating - its been wonderful. But for what is happening right now, this presser to me was a bit meh. Some colourful and cheap laughs - but not a lot of answers for those who are wanting them. IT makes it pretty hard to celebrate it all when he isn't going to bloody be there.

The club had been playing its own narrative for 3 years and i have said a number of times i didn't think it was an honest reflection of what was happening. Dimma has now quit, effective immediately. Its now an absolute known that the previous narrative they had been giving us was not reality - it was PR stuff. Some people like to eat that stuff up, otherwise don't have a taste for it. I'm just the latter.

You really are a piece of work aren’t you? If you really believe all the s**t you post why don’t you go and follow another side? You obviously don’t like anything Richmond are doing, so * off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back