Hawks are Grand Final bound - Sheedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Magic Mike

All Australian
Nov 9, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Source - http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/140812/default.aspx

GREATER Western Sydney coach Kevin Sheedy has tipped Hawthorn to make this year's Grand Final after watching the Hawks maul his young Giants by 162 points at the MCG on Sunday.

Sheedy, a four-time premiership coach at Essendon, said Hawks' class in inflicting the biggest loss of the Giants' 14-game AFL existence, and their desire to add to their 2008 premiership, should see them reach the 2012 flag decider.

With the battle for the top 4 being so close this year, percentage will be a big factor when sorting out ladder positions come finals time. Hawthorn currently have a percentage of 152.65% and haven't put a foot wrong since the Round 9 debacle against Richmond. Clarkson must of given the team a rocket after that game as the Hawks have certainly lifted their intensity since then. Will they make it to the big dance in 2012, and more importantly, can they win the premiership?

Thoughts?

Bad news Hawks fans, he said that Collingwood couldn't win the 2010 flag & ditto for Geelong last year.

I don't necessarily disagree with him, but it's obvious this is just deflection by trying to pump up how good Hawthorn are.

Nothing can really excuse a loss that big.

I don't necessarily disagree with him, but it's obvious this is just deflection by trying to pump up how good Hawthorn are.

Nothing can really excuse a loss that big.
You'd think, but sheeds will try anything to cover that stinking performance today.

I'm actually surprised he didn't bring out the old "I coached the Bombers to a flag roughly 13 months after they were mauled by the Hawks by 160 points on this very ground in 1992"

We won't win the flag. It pains me to say it, but we don't have the mental strength to beat the absolute best. We may have the best team on paper, but when it comes to the actual moment that win flags - we crumble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have not played a top side for quite a while.

We have Collingwood, Essendon & Geelong 3 weeks in a row coming up after next weeks game.

Lets see how we are placed after those 3 games.

Not convinced we are good enough against the best.

We have played really good since losing to Richmond but I would rather shelve any grand final plans until we play some good teams, like the 3 week block we have with Collingwood, Essendon and Geelong. If we win them all then we can start speculating, lose them all and the big wins against lower teams will be seen for what they really are.

The form/return of Roughead, and a improvement in their bottom 6 makes me agree.

Coming weeks will be telling though, as mentioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back