News Hawthorn 2020 captain and vice captains announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have 400 coach’s and a board. They should be in long discussions about who is the best fit for the club not the players.

The players choosing the skipper and then being signed off by the board is nonsense.

What are the board going to say after the players vote...... NO?!!!

What is the clubs direction? Who is the best person to lead us in that direction?

Time for the players to get back to earning the pay packet on the field. Let the coaching panel and board work out who the best person is.

We have 400 coach’s and a board. They should be in long discussions about who is the best fit for the club not the players.

The players choosing the skipper and then being signed off by the board is nonsense.

What is the clubs direction? Who is the best person to lead us in that direction?

Time for the players to get back to earning the pay packet on the field. Let the coaching panel and board work out who the best person is.
It’s been like that forever though. Changing it after one or two bad years is a bit of an overreaction.

Quite possibly the players vote in a leadership group, not a captain. I don't see why it is a problem.

If we have a leadership shortage atm why would you have the players voting on a leader atm is my point.
It's not a new process and the final say is still with the coaches and board.

May as well find out who the players will listen

Quite possibly the players vote in a leadership group, not a captain. I don't see why it is a problem.
I think it might be the opposite. Club chooses leadership group, players choose captain. As far as I'm aware, the club has to still tick it off. If you remember in 2008, it was a draw between Hodge and Mitchell, and Kennett would only accept 1 so they had to go back and sort it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back