News Hawthorn 2020 captain and vice captains announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Ben Stratton, Jaeger O'Meara and Tom Mitchell. Captain and co vice captains.

Full leadership group:

Stratton - captain
O'Meara - vice captain
Mitchell - vice captain
Liam Shiels
Jack Gunston
Isaac Smith
Ben McEvoy

So out of Mitchell and OMeara who do we think will be selected as the next captain once Stratton is finished in the role?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So out of Mitchell and OMeara who do we think will be selected as the next captain once Stratton is finished in the role?
JOM.

Looks like a Hollywood movie star, built like a Greek Adonis, speaks well, and has the respect of the whole club.

so minimal change with just the addition of Tom Mitchell

Stratton - Capt
T.Mitchell + JOM - Vice Capt

Smith was a good leader last year bringing the team together during the Canberra/GWS/snow week, Stratts showed his leadership by staying cool calm and collected as always, being someone the leadership group trusts and being a great representative to the country folk when they helped out in the bush fire affected towns

i think the vice capt call is obviously the club giving us fans a year to talk and put our opinions on who should be the next captain likely 2021, so who will it be Tom Mitchell or Jaeger O'Meara?, its a close call because i like them both in similar ways with maybe Jaeger a hair in front atm?

Last edited:
so minimal change with just the addition of Tom Mitchell

Stratton - Capt
T.Mitchell + JOM - Vice Capt

Smith was a good leader last year bringing the team together during the Canberra/GWS/snow week, Stratts showed his leadership by staying cool calm and collected as always, being someone the leadership group trusts and being a great representative to the country folk when they helped out in the bush fire affected towns

i think the vice capt call is obviously the club giving us fans a year to talk and put our opinions on who should be the next captain likely 2021, so who will it be Tom Mitchell or Jaeger O'Meara?, its a close call because i like them both in similar ways with maybe Jaeger a hair in front atm?

Have you seen Titch's hairline? Jaegs more than a hair in front!

They say big boy had been earmarked as a future capt at the saints.

obviously Burgoyne and less obviously Breust are effective leaders in the club

I wouldn’t automatically assume that Mitchell or JOM are our next captains. Didn’t happen for Gunston or shiels. More likely are best placed as VCs to complement stratts as a bit younger and also started outside the club.

I’ve never really heard JOM or Mitchell talked up for their off field leadership - thought they were very diligent off-field but more focused on themselves.

if stratts has a good year, club makes finals, and his body is in good shape he likely gets a 3rd year - which may give time for another group of leaders to emerge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back