NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

AFL Ends Investigation - 'Imperfect resolution' as Hawks probe ends, no one charged

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll have to link for the rest of us.

Now the cops and DPP always start with as many charges as they can and whittle them down through discussions and bartering with the defence lawyers... but this feels like a pretty big number.

Does the whole report now get trashed and we just assume it was the work of an (alleged) crook?

It was dodgy on 1st read and surely is now even more heavily tarnished.

But in this country you are innocent until proven guilty so I do wish Phil all the best in turning 73 in to 0.

There goes any tiny shred of integrity left for his review/investigation/cultural safety report (did we ever land on what exactly it was?)

A quite frankly amueturish piece of work completed by an alleged fraudster. What a combo 🤣

Whole thing has become an absolute farce, no wonder all the reputable media outlets (no ABC that doesn't include you) have gone silent on this.

Surely now Clarkson has grounds to sue/get a big day

Does the whole report now get trashed and we just assume it was the work of an (alleged) crook?
If he has defrauded people, he should face a trial. That's not debateable.

As for the report: Is the content false?

There goes any tiny shred of integrity left for his review/investigation/cultural safety report (did we ever land on what exactly it was?)
Is the content false?

If he has defrauded people, he should face a trial. That's not debateable.

As for the report: Is the content false?

The accused sure think so. And it reads like a script from a horror movie, not people who seem to be well loved by everyone but the accusers. I guess we wait for the HRC review.

Anyone know if the HRC application has been made? A few months ago they said they were going to. But it can take a year to get to the public hearings stage.

Is the content false?
Well whatever content was in the report surely now at the very least has to be heavily scrutinized (if not totally disregarded).

I am not sure if you have actually read Egan's report Chief but it is an absolute mess with very little (any?) hard evidence and plenty of massive leaps to conclusions based on very little. Even if he wasn't being prosecuted for fraud I doubt you could actually use it in any meaningful manner.

To me the ABC are the ones in the crosshairs now. They will have to rely on Rusty and the ABC lawyers having done their due diligence before airing that story and quite frankly I have my doubts about that.

Is the content false?

Complaints still need to be heard and taken seriously but the credibility of the content of the report is trashed. Very sad for the complainants who put their trust in Hawthorn.

Well whatever content was in the report surely now at the very least has to be heavily scrutinized (if not totally disregarded).

I am not sure if you have actually read Egan's report Chief but it is an absolute mess with very little (any?) hard evidence and plenty of massive leaps to conclusions based on very little. Even if he wasn't being prosecuted for fraud I doubt you could actually use it in any meaningful manner.

To me the ABC are the ones in the crosshairs now. They will have to rely on Rusty and the ABC lawyers having done their due diligence before airing that story and quite frankly I have my doubts about that.
Anything from Rusty or his employer on these latest developments?

Anything from Rusty or his employer on these latest developments?
Just a very matter of fact, dry report that Egan has been charged in their website.

Methinks it might be dawning on Rusty and the ABC lawyers that they have backed the wrong horse in this race....

Really it's a shame to see how low the journalistic standards at the ABC have dropped, it's actually quite depressing.

Now the cops and DPP always start with as many charges as they can and whittle them down through discussions and bartering with the defence lawyers... but this feels like a pretty big number.

D

Likely that it's only a few different offences, but repeated - it'll most likely be one scheme done multiple times or to multiple people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a very matter of fact, dry report that Egan has been charged in their website.

Methinks it might be dawning on Rusty and the ABC lawyers that they have backed the wrong horse in this race....

Really it's a shame to see how low the journalistic standards at the ABC have dropped, it's actually quite depressing.
Yep I have more respect for the news.com.au journalists who trawl through reddit and copy and paste quotes.

I think the only way to right this is the AFL strip us of our pick and hand it to North as compensation.

No. I'm not being facetious. This isn't about North (other than our head coach was your head coach).

It genuinely seems that Hawthorn have made an absolute mess of this entire process by having the review be conducted by a fraudster with an agenda. He's literally related to one of the complainants!

AFL needs to bin the entire internal Hawthorn review and bring in external third-party professionals to conduct a thorough review from the beginning.

No. I'm not being facetious. This isn't about North (other than our head coach was your head coach).

It genuinely seems that Hawthorn have made an absolute mess of this entire process by having the review be conducted by a fraudster with an agenda. He's literally related to one of the complainants!

AFL needs to bin the entire internal Hawthorn review and bring in external third-party professionals to conduct a thorough review from the beginning.
AFL are pretty clearly not going to review it anymore - other than Hawks handling of the review.

AFL are pretty clearly not going to review it anymore - other than Hawks handling of the review.

I wouldn't be so sure. A lot of the AFL's own approaches to the issue were based on Hawthorn's internal review, as per Gil's comments.

If that entire review is scrapped, then we're back to the drawing board, potentially.

(Or the AFL could just sweep it all under the rug, which is obviously very possible).

Another notch on the Hawthorn FC’s belt. What a joke of an organisation.

This shouldn’t matter re the issues raised in the report but there’s no way it won’t impact public perception further. What a sad state of affairs.
Typical dribblers comment. So you know the facts do you? Is Fagan guilty of the allegations, is Clarkson, the HFC? Just like the pages of waffle from all the rambling fools over the past months, it continues.

Typical dribblers comment. So you know the facts do you? Is Fagan guilty of the allegations, is Clarkson, the HFC? Just like the pages of waffle from all the rambling fools over the past months, it continues.

Wait you’re denying Hawthorn are responsible for the report? Oof!

It’s been almost 12 months are you’re still in the denial phase LOL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back