How good can Butcher be?

Remove this Banner Ad

He will be really good. Some may so " Oh he plays for Port, only a matter of time before he goes crap". But he could the the one thing that drives the club from last to a Premiership. I hope so. Hes been a real find.

What was he not doing in the 2nds for Primus not to play him sooner?

What was he not doing in the 2nds for Primus not to play him sooner?

He probably should have got a game early in the year, after he kicked 3/2/2/2/3 goals in his first 5 weeks. After that he struggled for a couple of weeks before doing a bad hammy which kept him out of 6 weeks. Played 2 games then came in against Hawthorn.

Probably would have played 5-6 weeks earlier if it wasnt for the hammy.

Why are Port playing this bloke?

should have kept him in the reserves until another port player, (maybe pearce) had commited to terms with GWS. Right now his value has sky rocketed as his talents are immense, and numerous.

GWS will have him very high on their hit list right now, and his market price will sky rocket, squeezing Port's salery cap more then it needed to, if they can keep him.

Shocking decision by Port.

Could well be a stupid point, but the way he took down a few of his marks today just reminded me of Richo when he was grabbing everything at the Tigers. He kicking action is pretty poor, but he's hands are fantastic.

should have kept him in the reserves until another port player, (maybe pearce) had commited to terms with GWS. Right now his value has sky rocketed as his talents are immense, and numerous.

GWS will have him very high on their hit list right now, and his market price will sky rocket, squeezing Port's salery cap more then it needed to, if they can keep him.

So what do we do then? Dont play him, he complains more that hes not getting a go and wants to leave, or play him, and we get outbid and he leaves. Either way if he does leave, we'll get a lot more for him than we would have 3 weeks ago.

In terms of salary cap, we pay bare minimum allowed. Clubs have to pay 100% next year. We have plenty of room to match big offers.

Hopefully he turns out better than Salopek did, remember that bloke? and the hype!

We've got to play him because our supporters need some bloody hope. He's all we have at the moment and he's doing his darnest to drag his teammates up with him.

If he had been paid the 4 holding the man and 4 holding the ball decisions he should have had in his first 3 matches, he could have made an even greater impression........or he could have had 11 goals 9 to his name, instead of 11 goals 1.;)

Was very impressive today, but to be honest the young fellows Hay and Jennings were very, very good for the Bombers.

Hopefully he turns out better than Salopek did, remember that bloke? and the hype!

You guys can talk, all your players are 'young guns':rolleyes:

there has been so much bullcrap hype coming out of adelaide since 2008 that melbourne commintators actually thought Adelaide would finish top four this year:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how good can he be?

top 5 player in the comp in my opinion

great set of hands and chases like not many other big men ive seen

port have got a beauty, and i hope for their sake he stays

Carlton need to trade Gibbs for him.

Carlton can **** right off. There isn't a player in the AFL who I would want to see Butcher traded for. And even if there was, it certainly wouldn't be Bryce Gibbs.

Carlton can **** right off. There isn't a player in the AFL who I would want to see Butcher traded for. And even if there was, it certainly wouldn't be Bryce Gibbs.
Port can **** off if they want Gibbs.

We wouldn't give up Yarran for a Butcher, let alone Gibbs.

<BigFooty>It's better to be a promising tall than a jet.</BigFooty>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You wouldn't trade Yarran for Butcher! I love Carlton supporters :D

Also, lol at the faint praise of Butcher as a 'promising tall' as compared to someone like Yarran when he'd already be Carlton's best forward by a fair way.

Port can **** off if they want Gibbs.

We wouldn't give up Yarran for a Butcher, let alone Gibbs.

<BigFooty>It's better to be a promising tall than a jet.</BigFooty>

As much as people laugh, I without a doubt agree regarding Gibbs and Yarran is a close call- fact is Yarran and more so Gibbs have been getting it done a lot longer than Butcher- who looks a star but the way people are carrying on you'd think he's in the Hall of Fame already

Hard to believe that Port fans wouldn't trade Butcher for anyone in the league.

At least 50 more talented footballers around IMO, he has a lot more to prove

This is a stupid post and I don't know why I'm responding to it but how do you know a Port player hasn't already committed to GWS?

Also, I didn't know people still read TheGeneral's posts...

The offended from Adelaide supporters is delicious. Enjoy Tippett and Dangerfield.

Butcher will excel when he comes to Carlton.. Fevola will be forgotten when Butcher lines up for Carlton next year.

Someone has certainly done a lot of work on his kicking. Was the question over his game in the TAC, but from what I've seen has it right under control. The only other question I have over Butcher are fitness related, apparently has some issues with his body but not sure of the status there. Evidently things are working pretty well now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back