• 9-12

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • 13-16

Votes: 88 55.3%
  • 17-18

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

True on both the injuries and their roles. Although Oliver hasn't had much time up forward yet.

As mids though I reckon Oliver gets more inside ball than Cunners, but wouldn't disagree that Cunners probably uses it better.

I'm a Oliver fan. Probably the only (young) Melbourne player I'd have ahead of him is Petracca.

Yep, I'm certainly not going to slag Oliver, who is very good.

They looked pretty good kicking 10 unanswered goals in the first quarter last time they met the Crows.

What was it again?

10.4.64 to 0.0.0

No no, you're doing this wrong. Everyone knows that it is impossible for a team to have a very good forward line and still lose games because they lack depth elsewhere.

You have Oliver as an inside extractor, who I suggest has looked better in his first couple of years than what Cunners did, and will probably have a better overall career than Cunners.
Yeah but we don’t have Viney, so I’d like Cunnington. What Cunnington brings that Oliver doesn’t just yet is campaigner.

North Melbourne aren’t the bad side everyone maintained they’d be. They’ve got to many good footballers and too much work rate and intensity.

They’ll give the top 8 a good crack. It’s that simple.

As much as I'd love it to happen I think we will end up around 11th-15th

Add Tarryn Thomas definitely into this list, probably another first rounder this year as well.

Then at the end of next year we will be waving vast sums at Josh Kelly again, who by his own account was happy to move to North last before his agent got in ear.

Of the current quality on the list that won't be around for 2020 there's only really Waite, although he is in ripping athletic nick and we do appear have located the Fountain of Eternal Footy Youth in Moonee Ponds Creek, so I actually wouldn't role him out still playing then.

Unlikely, but I reckon he's a monty to go next year unless he suffers serious injury.

Anyway, with some added class coming in via Thomas, another top 10 pick this year (probably a pick 4-8 in a superdraft) and potentially Kelly (and if not him, another quality FA who will take the money and come to a rising team) things look very promising.

Also worthy of his own post in this thread is Marley Williams.

I have been surprised at how well he's fitted in at North.

Of the current quality on the list that won't be around for 2020 there's only really Waite, although he is in ripping athletic nick and we do appear have located the Fountain of Eternal Footy Youth in Moonee Ponds Creek, so I actually wouldn't role him out still playing then.

Couldn't rule out father son eligibility

My prediction was for North to pocket 5-6 wins this year with 3 off those coming off the blocks in the first 4 rounds, therefor I was surprised when we lost the Gold Coast game in round 1.

It's going to get heavy as the season progresses. The young guys will tire and Brad will start to test other rookies which is perfectly fine. Hopefully we get some good draft picks but without the spoon :p

Yes i was in the members for that game.

What a waste of travel.

Glad that was the catalyst for your tilt at the finals. Oops.

It was the catalyst for teams working out how to beat Adelaide.

Bit of extra pressure on the ball carrier and their forwards and they crumble. Melbourne did it the week after, Richmond did it in the Grand Final, Collingwood did it on Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I'm reluctant to shift away from the North-focus, I have been surprised and quite impressed by Fremantle so far this season; Lyon seems to have committed to youth and they've rewarded his faith, Nathan Wilson has been killing it, and Mundy and Fyfe are playing at a high level. Wouldn't be surprised if they find themselves in finals contention.

West Coast have also exceeded my expectations.

Brown has been the reason.

He's legit been the best forward in the competition the last 6 months of H&A games.

His start to the year last year cost him AA, he's just continued on.

He's kicked 49 goals in his last 12 games (excluding the swimming pool game in Cairns).

He's an outside chance to kick 100 goals across 22 games (back half of 2017/first half of 2018).

Their 2 wins have been against teams currently in the bottom 3 (one of whom is very likely to stay there), and their 2 losses were to teams that currently sit in the bottom 8 (one of whom is very likely to remain there).

Not really impressive. I'd say 2-2 is a par result so far. They'll struggle to win any of their next 6.

Last edited:
Their 2 wins have been against teams currently in the bottom 3 (one of whom is very likely to stay there), and their 2 losses were to teams that currently sit in the bottom 8 (one of whom is very likely to remain there).

Not really impressive. I'd say 2-2 is a par result so far.

2-2 is par result for a team tipped by most "List Management Experts" to finish last by a mile?

Terry Wallace : "The least talented list in the competition, bar none"

Gary Buckenara : "A-Graders: None ...It wouldn’t surprise me if the club is at least 10 years away from challenging for a premiership — and that’s if players it picks or has picked from the 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019 drafts become genuine A grade stars."

So, if our last two and next two drafts (about 12-14 players) are "genuine A grade stars" then only then will we be a chance to challenge for a premiership by 2027.....:'(

Last edited:
2-2 is par result for a team tipped by most "List Management Experts" to finish last by a mile?

Terry Wallace : "The least talented list in the competition, bar none"

Gary Buckenara : "A-Graders: None ...It wouldn’t surprise me if the club is at least 10 years away from challenging for a premiership — and that’s if players it picks or has picked from the 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019 drafts become genuine A grade stars."
Yes.

Who have you faced? Gold Coast, who most had in the bottom 2. Carlton, who most had in the bottom 4. St.Kilda, who most had in the bottom 8. And Melbourne, who most had in the lower part of the top 8 (if that).

Comfy start to the year. I would have penciled North in to win 2 of those first 4... the loss to GC was somewhat unexpected but the win against St.Kilda in a 50/50 game made up for it. The next 6 weeks are where North will really be tested... if you win more than 1 of those games I'll be surprised.

Brown has been the reason.

He's legit been the best forward in the competition the last 6 months of H&A games.

His start to the year last year cost him AA, he's just continued on.

He's kicked 49 goals in his last 12 games (excluding the swimming pool game in Cairns).

He's an outside chance to kick 100 goals across 22 games (back half of 2017/first half of 2018).
He's been good, but the midfield has also just gotten it done in a way teams below (and some above) North have not. There may not be a surfeit of talent there (good as Cunnington, Higgins and Ziebell are), but they work well as a contested unit and credit has to go to Scott for developing a gameplan that plays to the list's strengths.

Not really impressive. I'd say 2-2 is a par result so far. They'll struggle to win any of their next 6.
lol your opinion is completely bias'd and embaressing to read.

All you are is a hater. Grow up.

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 5.06.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 5.06.17 PM.png

lol your opinion is completely bias'd and embaressing to read.

All you are is a hater. Grow up.

View attachment 484039 View attachment 484040
Did you not notice that this weekend's team sheets read: Burton (omitted)?

Looks like I was right, and Hawthorn had finally had enough of Burton's turnovers. Not that this has anything to do with the topic at hand, of course...

Yes.

Who have you faced? Gold Coast, who most had in the bottom 2. Carlton, who most had in the bottom 4. St.Kilda, who most had in the bottom 8. And Melbourne, who most had in the lower part of the top 8 (if that).

Comfy start to the year. I would have penciled North in to win 2 of those first 4... the loss to GC was somewhat unexpected but the win against St.Kilda in a 50/50 game made up for it. The next 6 weeks are where North will really be tested... if you win more than 1 of those games I'll be surprised.

North have faced 4 teams tipped by pretty much everyone to be better than them in 2018. Again, they were widely tipped to finish 18th so the other 17 teams should be better and none should be 10-15 goals worse.

Barring a poor showing in a tsunami Round 1, the Roos have been better than even the most loyal supporters have expected so far. It is already clear that they are a far better side than St Kilda (52 points) and Carlton (86 points).

Back