Analysis I LOVE the BS snipes and snubs from the media

Remove this Banner Ad

Always Hawks

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I love it all: All Australian snubs, Brownlow snubs (Brisbane and Geelong were winning Brownlows left, right and centre during their eras), COTY snubs (Clarko never winning this remains the biggest joke of all), over-reactions to incidents involving Hawthorn players/coaches, sooking by opposition players, tribunal/suspension inconsistencies, the media overrating/over-hyping opposition teams.

Look at what they do to our board: they galvanize everyone in an "us against the world" mentality, they stir up anger and resilience and passion, they drive us to succeed.

So what do you think they do to the players and the coaches? I'm tipping they are 10x as pissed off as we are and are using it as fuel for the fire. Just like they used the anointment of Freo in 2013 and then Sydney in 2014.

Counterpoint: the one time (in-season) over the last few years that we were lauded as undoubtedly the best team and certain to win the flag was after Round 1 this year. We proceeded to lose 4 of the next 7 games.

I think players like Mitchell, Gibson, Birchall et al should have been rewarded for their fine performances in such a strong team with AA recognition. I know it's not the end of the world, and I know the players themselves are probably not too fussed, but it frustrates me to no end seeing undeserving (or less-deserving) players receive recognition that should be going elsewhere.

All this angst over us ... They are s**t scared of hawthorn and rightly so if they want to snub us and sook over any little thing by all means do so if it fires up hodgey and the boys and we go to a grand and win imagine how ******* dumb and *in ridiculous these half wits will look... They have no idea it does the opposite if what they want! Stupid twats!

Aussies hate tall poppies. And for half a century we have been the tallest of tall poppies in the national game.

Fear and jealousy is turning to irrational rage for the Hawks haters as we just keep winning. This unsociable tag is the only thing they can hit us with now. So they make mountains out of minor incidents such as tummy taps against Adelaide and this non-issue with Mitchell taking defensive action when players try to bump him off the ball. Meanwhile a chicken wing involving Selwood or Fyfe elbowing our player in the face go almost without mention or condemnation (let's not forget Selwood's king hit on Guerra 50 metres off the ball a few years back which was blamed on Guerra's provocation).

Fremantle have had more suspensions than us in recent years and Fyfe is now one of the most reported players in the game over the last two years. Are they unsociable? Thugs? Not a whisper.

The haters have nothing. They can stack the All Australian selection committees with sycophants to pick their mates (Cameron Ling being on the panel and Andrew Mackie getting picked one of the greatest disgraces of all) and opposition players and coaches can pile up their meaningless individual awards.

We just need to keep playing like we did on Sunday and no side can get close to taking the only thing we actually care about from us.

The AA team is just a excuse for a bukkaki festival of spoofing over players from the media's current favourite team.

The MRP is a farce.

The media commentators are mostly, ignorant sewers.

AFL is avaricious, vindictive, thoroughly corrupt, and without honour.

End of story.

Who cares about awards snd shut give me the premiership cup and all is sweet nothing beats that feeling ... Absolutely nothing!!! :)

Given pretty much every player would trade a Brownlow for a Premiership (Buckley is one who probably would have kept the Brownlow), I very much doubt the players care all that much about AA selection. Clarko too probably wouldnt care about CotY. When he is done at Hawthorn he will be the greatest coach of all time. Most likely without ever getting a CotY.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

latest.jpg

I have had a smirk at work all day today as the rage amongst opposition supporters keeps going. They have lost all objectivity when it comes to anything Hawthorn related. Whenever you hear the word arrogant from an opposition supporter, you know they have no other comeback. It is the final straw. It is the line of defeat. :)

I think players like Mitchell, Gibson, Birchall et al should have been rewarded for their fine performances in such a strong team with AA recognition. I know it's not the end of the world, and I know the players themselves are probably not too fussed, but it frustrates me to no end seeing undeserving (or less-deserving) players receive recognition that should be going elsewhere.

I'm sure Nick Riewoldt would trade all his AA's for one premiership medallion.

I have had a smirk at work all day today as the rage amongst opposition supporters keeps going. They have lost all objectivity when it comes to anything Hawthorn related. Whenever you hear the word arrogant from an opposition supporter, you know they have no other comeback. It is the final straw. It is the line of defeat. :)
Whenever I read that crap I just think to myself: Translation - my team's not as good as the Hawks, so I'm going to hate on them and call them names to make myself feel better.

They just can't handle it... That's the bottom line... I honestly hope we smash everybody for the rest of the season and they continue to hate. I know what I want and that's another premiership ,that's all I care about!! Whether it happens who knows but I really hope the opposition when we play them know we mean business and are s**t scared!

When everyone at a club are fully invested into a team first ethos, individual rewards become almost impossible to obtain.

This Hawthorn team of the last 2 seasons play the best team football in the AFL era - without peer. The unselfishness, the willingness to play a role and the desire to do whatever it takes for the greater good of the team by the 22 players selected each and every week has never been witnessed before.

In the world of professional sport with big egos and where the dollar rules, it is extremely rare that everyone buys into this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back