If North lose, they are pretenders?

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL! Because Thommo really has the impact of Kenelly or Crouch? Believable.

I considered your first quarter impressive, and it was. What I didn't consider impressive was that you let the other team get back to within 4 points of you with 2 minutes to go. That isn't pressure, it's very close to a capitulation.
oh yeah, because im sure precious sydney have never squandered a lead in a game.

Haha...I love Dean Laidley... "we're gunna go into the game without any tagging mentality to see where we're really at"
Of course not you knob...there's no one left to tag if Judd doesn't play...and I'm sure any other coach would be getting cocky coming up against a team that is missing 2 brownlow medals, a brownlow r/up and 2 norm smith medals
Loose...and he deserves to drop his pants

If they don't beat the Judd-less West Coast when they've won 6 in a row and the Eagles have lost two of the last three, then it will speak a lot to the difference in class between the teams.

That's crap.

You know why teams don't often go on big winning streaks? because it is ****ing hard. It is so hard to maintain the intensity and form and keep getting yourself up week after week.

If anything North's streak plays against them.

LOL! Because Thommo really has the impact of Kenelly or Crouch? Believable.

Oh god.
Yep, you're right. Crouch is far more important to Sydney than Thompson is to North. Nice one.

I considered your first quarter impressive, and it was. What I didn't consider impressive was that you let the other team get back to within 4 points of you with 2 minutes to go. That isn't pressure, it's very close to a capitulation.

We had gone at 100 miles an hour for three quarters against a strong, tough midfield that has made the last two Grand Finals. We were rooted. But despite a rampaging Sydney coming at us and getting within 4 points we stood up and iced the game.

Impressive.

I'm sure they've never done it before claiming to have dominated a team.

Point went right past you there, didn't it?
well 'capitulation' is a pretty harsh word to describe the kangaroos performance against sydney in round 6. sydney always come at teams, and the roos responded to that challenge. a capitulation would be the right word if we went on to lose by 4 goals. besides, i didnt see any mention from anyone as the roos "dominating" that match. the first quarter maybe, but not the match

No way, I think we'll account for them even though we're missing more talent than their list could dream of

What are you talking about? We're going to buy half of that talent at the end of the year. You can keep the junkie if you like.

I just don't dig Wells at all.

I haven't seen much of him this year - so he may have stepped up - but never struck me as the sort to be a dominant midfielder like a black judd ricciutto etc

A black Judd? I wouldn't have put it in those words but he is good.

Haha...I love Dean Laidley... "we're gunna go into the game without any tagging mentality to see where we're really at"
Of course not you knob...there's no one left to tag if Judd doesn't play...and I'm sure any other coach would be getting cocky coming up against a team that is missing 2 brownlow medals, a brownlow r/up and 2 norm smith medals
Loose...and he deserves to drop his pants

****, you West Coast supporters spend half the year talking about how much quality you have on your list, how you go so deep and that there are players in the WAFL that would be stars at other clubs - then you lose few players and you implay it is a major upset if you win!

You are the reigning premiers - have some ****ing self respect. Be men about it.

We have our best forward and most damaging midfielder out - have been for the last three weeks...haven't seen any threads started about that.

FFS.

****, you West Coast supporters spend half the year talking about how much quality you have on your list, how you go so deep and that there are players in the WAFL that would be stars at other clubs - then you lose few players and you implay it is a major upset if you win!
There is a fairly big difference between "mising a few players", and missing Judd, Kerr, Cousins, Embley, Wirrpanda, Butler and Hansen all at the same time. That is a huuuge list of players out.

That said, I think we will still win. Is that arrogant as well?

That said, I think we will still win. Is that arrogant as well?

Nope.

I don't expect to win, and can see why people would see a North loss this week as a sign of our imminent slide. And I don't give a ****.

We'll smash St Kilda the following week and cane Footscray in Archer's 300th. And you can all sit back and scratch your heads when we do it.

Zebra mate,

Eagles top 5 imo is:

Judd
Kerr
Cousins
Embley
Hansen (I place Ash in ahead of the likes of Cox, Lynch and co. because of his incredible record of having played something like 50 games and only being defeated 5 or 6 if I remember correctly)

When was the last time a team beat another team, little own a team on a six game winning streak, without there best 5 players...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zebra mate,

Eagles top 5 imo is:

Judd
Kerr
Cousins
Embley
Hansen (I place Ash in ahead of the likes of Cox, Lynch and co. because of his incredible record of having played something like 50 games and only being defeated 5 or 6 if I remember correctly)

When was the last time a team beat another team, little own a team on a six game winning streak, without there best 5 players...?

I feel very special that you would go to such lengths to try and convince me. That you would make such a stupid statement that I am sure every eagles supporter from here on in will think you are a complete knob, all so it would fit nicely into your top 5 missing theory.

Hansen better than Cox - you idiot.

I think our top five are Cousins, Judd, Kerr, Cox and Glass.

Embley, Lynch, Hansen and Stenglien on the next level.

Bingo

Hansen is important to our structure - but would rather him missing then the 5 you nominated.

In saying that Stenglein is fast becoming a top 5 player at the club - last week was the first time I can remember in ages him having a down week

You are the reigning premiers - have some ****ing self respect. Be men about it.

We have our best forward and most damaging midfielder out - have been for the last three weeks...haven't seen any threads started about that.

FFS.

When you say a few players, just think that next week we may have

Chris Judd
Daniel Kerr
Ben Cousins
Andrew Embley
David Wirrpanda
Daniel Chick
Ashley Hansen
Mark Nicoski
Sam Butler

all out of our side (and all arguably in our 22) and you compare that to two of your players. :rolleyes:

When you say a few players, just think that next week we may have

Chris Judd
Daniel Kerr
Ben Cousins
Andrew Embley
David Wirrpanda
Daniel Chick
Ashley Hansen
Mark Nicoski
Sam Butler

all out of our side (and all arguably in our 22) and you compare that to two of your players. :rolleyes:

Firstly - forget Cousins. He got addicted to Coke and is out. Don't include him in your plans for 2007. It is like me saying we would be much better if we had a fully fit Jonny Hay back, over his depression and firing because it would release Firrito into the midfield to smash some heads. He is on our list, but he got sick - just like Cousins.

And Butler and Nicoski? C'mon - they have talent but they have hardly established themselves as key players.

And time is catching up with Chick.

I can make a list like yours and say they are all arugably in our best 22:

Thompson
Wells
Harding
McConnell
Trotter
Urch

You are missing four top quality players. We are missing two. You are the premiers and you are playing in your home state at a venue where you rarely lose. Stop with the excuses.

Firstly - forget Cousins. He got addicted to Coke and is out. Don't include him in your plans for 2007. It is like me saying we would be much better if we had a fully fit Jonny Hay back, over his depression and firing because it would release Firrito into the midfield to smash some heads. He is on our list, but he got sick - just like Cousins.

And Butler and Nicoski? C'mon - they have talent but they have hardly established themselves as key players.

And time is catching up with Chick.

I can make a list like yours and say they are all arugably in our best 22:

Thompson
Wells
Harding
McConnell
Trotter
Urch

You are missing four top quality players. We are missing two. You are the premiers and you are playing in your home state at a venue where you rarely lose. Stop with the excuses.

You ruin a good argument caning EKZ about his top "5" but ruin it with your lack of knowledge about our club

Let me assure you Nicoski is well and truly in uor best 22 - he'd be in the first 11 picked each week if fit - which is why when he missed 12 weeks last year and was just fit for the GF - he was strongly considered.

Butler showed in Last year's GF why he is pivotal to our side - clearly a better midfielder then rosa et al. Our midfield is our strength and Butler was well and truly cemented before injury. I'd have him over Fletcher.

And re: cousins - that is a 50:50 - he won't play before the break to avoid further embarassment to the AFL - i.e he'll miss the 12 weeks as defined for 3 times offenders. However whether he comes back this year of next is a function of him winning back the respect of the coach. SO don't discount him this year

And if we win this week, the experts will simply focus on an undermanned Eagles. Fight out a close win the week after and it's because of the Shinboner Spirit. Got nothing to do with talent.

Happy to keep on being under rated and racking up the wins.

:thumbsu:

You ruin a good argument caning EKZ about his top "5" but ruin it with your lack of knowledge about our club

Let me assure you Nicoski is well and truly in uor best 22 - he'd be in the first 11 picked each week if fit - which is why when he missed 12 weeks last year and was just fit for the GF - he was strongly considered.

Butler showed in Last year's GF why he is pivotal to our side - clearly a better midfielder then rosa et al. Our midfield is our strength and Butler was well and truly cemented before injury. I'd have him over Fletcher.

And re: cousins - that is a 50:50 - he won't play before the break to avoid further embarassment to the AFL - i.e he'll miss the 12 weeks as defined for 3 times offenders. However whether he comes back this year of next is a function of him winning back the respect of the coach. SO don't discount him this year

I rate Nicoski and Butler - but they have not established themselves as key players. You won a flag without Nicoski and now his absence is going to cost against the Roos at your home ground?

Every team has injuries and every team that sits on top of the ladder and is winning 80% of its games will talk about players in the reserves who are killing it and players who can come in and perform straight away because the core is so strong.

Thompson and Harding have been number 1 and 2 for goals at North over the last two years - but so what, if you have depth, you adapt.

We have heard about West Coast's amazing depth at every opportunity you guys get for the last two years - now we will see if that was just crap.

I rate Nicoski and Butler - but they have not established themselves as key players. You won a flag without Nicoski and now his absence is going to cost against the Roos at your home ground?

Every team has injuries and every team that sits on top of the ladder and is winning 80% of its games will talk about players in the reserves who are killing it and players who can come in and perform straight away because the core is so strong.

Thompson and Harding have been number 1 and 2 for goals at North over the last two years - but so what, if you have depth, you adapt.

We have heard about West Coast's amazing depth at every opportunity you guys get for the last two years - now we will see if that was just crap.

We do have terrific depth - but no matter how good you depth is you can't replace your best players.

in saying that - we will field a side on saturday which should be good enough to account for your mob.

If we lose we'll have no excuses

And if we win this week, the experts will simply focus on an undermanned Eagles. Fight out a close win the week after and it's because of the Shinboner Spirit. Got nothing to do with talent.

Happy to keep on being under rated and racking up the wins.

:thumbsu:

all credit to your team if they win all credit to us if we win...I dont think you can argue either way...I hope we win you guys hope you can win..

sometimes playing an undermanned team can be difficult though..its still subi...we still have a decent midfeild even with our outs..stenglein Braun Rosa priddisJones still still ok.....even guys like waters and wirra can run through the middle at a pinch..getting eenough of the ball wont be a problem...its how we use it

I think our backline can still hold your fwds, and your fwds like grant can cause match up problems

good luck should be a great game.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back