If the AFL allowed fans to go to the footy, would you go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
The AFL site is talking about the possibility of allowing people into games. Would you go to a game if it was "deemed to be safe" by the doctors? I have to admit that I'm staying away from crowds until there's a cure. Of course if the pies make the grand final, i could be persuaded to wear a plastic suit.

There will have to be substantial social distancing between people. If they allowed, say 10,000 to 15,000 people into the MCG, then that would see decent isolation of people from one another. I would consider going then, if l was fortunate enough to be given a ticket.

Last edited:
In latest news on a different matter, two men with machetes have been charged with entering a house. They had been hired by someone but unfortunately they went to the wrong address, well it was the right address but it gets complicated. They were hired to actually go to the address of the guy who hired them, to tie him up and stroke him with a broom. However, the guy didn't tell his machete mates that he had moved house.... A guy who moved into the the original address was woken up by a couple of guys with machetes standing over his bed. The guy in the bed was wearing an apnoea mask. It must have been a sight. The story appeared on the BBC news site.....Evidently it happened in NSW. I expect a series on netflix before the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

evidently there's a guy in the US who says that if you drink 70% proof alcohol, you cant get the virus....
It's probably true if you drink enough of it. Enough of it would actually give you double protection - the alcohol would kill the virus, plus your own death would stop it from ever using you as a host.

Yes, as long as I could go to the pub before the game, and the Legends Bar during.

Mate, so if no open pubs or bars at the ground but you have the opportunity to be one of a select few due to social distancing, do you attend?

Mate, so if no open pubs or bars at the ground but you have the opportunity to be one of a select few due to social distancing, do you attend?
The question was related to it not being a select few. It was about whether you'd sit in a crowd. It's not a question if social distancing was ensured. We'd all go in that scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back