If/when Fitz leaves the chair of the AFL Commission

Remove this Banner Ad

How you apportion revenue & expenses is at best self serving ... you don't actually believe it, surely?

How you avoid answering questions when the answers don't fit what you want to be true is amusing.

So between 2013 and 2016, less than one junior team was added per million dollars poured into GWS.

So 2 questions...

Is that the best use of the AFLs money?

When is there going to be a return on that investment? (especially as Sydney/Brisbane as still money sinks decades in)

That's poor analysis, Telsor. You are comparing one benefit of gws expansion - junior participation - with the total gross costs of the investment. What about the increased tv Rights value in the following tv deal? Some proportion of this, albeit impossible to divine, is due to having an extra game in Sydney each fortnight.

The gws expansion may not have been the absolute bestist option but it is hardly looking like a bad one at this stage in terms of expansion

happy for you to put me on the straight & narrow aka hard numbers that prove up you claims versus pure spin e.g some clubs are paying off Docklands but not others.
The clubs that are playing off the dock lands are primarily the afl clubs that are based there. This is why afl games that draw 25,000 lose money for those clubs but the victory make good coin for the same crowd number

That's poor analysis, Telsor. You are comparing one benefit of gws expansion - junior participation - with the total gross costs of the investment. What about the increased tv Rights value in the following tv deal? Some proportion of this, albeit impossible to divine, is due to having an extra game in Sydney each fortnight.

The gws expansion may not have been the absolute bestist option but it is hardly looking like a bad one at this stage in terms of expansion

I used that measure due to the post I was replying to using it to boast of GWS's success...I was just putting it in perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His achievements in the role include:
  • The introduction of new clubs Greater Western Sydney and Gold Coast
  • Construction and renovation of stadiums and club bases including Adelaide Oval, Perth Stadium, Metricon Stadium, MCG, SCG, the Gabba and Simonds Stadium
  • Increased participation by more than 140 per cent from the start of the 2007 season to 2016.
  • The introduction of AFLW two years ahead of schedule, and a record 380,041 female participants in 2016
  • Record TV broadcast deals, including the $2.5 billion TV broadcast rights deal secured in August 2015
  • A record high club memberships of 875,197 in 2016
  • The creation of AFL Media, which attracts an average 4.26mweekly unique visitorsin season
  • The adoption of all recommendations of the AFL Indigenous Advisory Council and a commitment to appoint an indigenous commissioner by the end of 2018
  • Development of the Respect and Responsibility policy
  • Increase in resources and policies governing integrity and doping
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-15/fitzpatrick-steps-down

I know you were and I was correcting the article, because as soon as I saw it, I knew it was wrong. BHP hasn't been the biggest company for around 5 years - by market capitalization.
OK...By market cap it is way way down.

Perhaps the HS article was refferign to largest company by revenue

Coles owner Wesfarmers moves up to Australia's top company by revenue, beating Woolworths, Rio Tinto and BHP

http://www.smh.com.au/business/reta...s-top-company-by-revenue-20160306-gnc449.html

In any case, I think Richard Goyder is an excellent appointment.

His achievements in the role include:
  • The introduction of new clubs Greater Western Sydney and Gold Coast
  • Construction and renovation of stadiums and club bases including Adelaide Oval, Perth Stadium, Metricon Stadium, MCG, SCG, the Gabba and Simonds Stadium
  • Increased participation by more than 140 per cent from the start of the 2007 season to 2016.
  • The introduction of AFLW two years ahead of schedule, and a record 380,041 female participants in 2016
  • Record TV broadcast deals, including the $2.5 billion TV broadcast rights deal secured in August 2015
  • A record high club memberships of 875,197 in 2016
  • The creation of AFL Media, which attracts an average 4.26mweekly unique visitorsin season
  • The adoption of all recommendations of the AFL Indigenous Advisory Council and a commitment to appoint an indigenous commissioner by the end of 2018
  • Development of the Respect and Responsibility policy
  • Increase in resources and policies governing integrity and doping
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-15/fitzpatrick-steps-down
They seem to have left off "Applying an unjust two year trade ban to a club that had broken no rules, based on his own spiteful grudge"

They seem to have left off "Applying an unjust two year trade ban to a club that had broken no rules, based on his own spiteful grudge"

They also seem to have left out the parts where he allowed the swans to continue getting something long after it was stripped from other northern expansion clubs despite winning a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back