Test India v England (5 Tests) + Ind A v Eng Lions (1 Tour Match and 3 FC games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sarfaraz, Saurabh Kumar and Washington added to the squad

I hope Sarfaraz makes his debut, we need another chubby batsmen, he shows a bit of fire too. Assume Washington or Saurabh will replace Jadeja, Sarfaraz for KL & I wonder if they'll be tempted to drop Siraj for another spinner. Interesting decisions coming up for India...

I hope Sarfaraz makes his debut, we need another chubby batsmen, he shows a bit of fire too. Assume Washington or Saurabh will replace Jadeja, Sarfaraz for KL & I wonder if they'll be tempted to drop Siraj for another spinner. Interesting decisions coming up for India...

Just realised Kuldeep and Patidar are in the squad already, they should be the replacements for KL & Jadeja

Just realised Kuldeep and Patidar are in the squad already, they should be the replacements for KL & Jadeja
Patidar or Sarfaraz, depends on the style of batsman we are looking for.
I would go Washington over Kuldeep and Saurabh, as it extends the batting line up. Having either Washington or Saurabh play will put a lot of pressure on Axar being the second spinner. Kuldeep will relieve a lot of that pressure; but he cannot bat.

Was nothing wrong with what carey did but if anybody does have an issue with carey one you would think they have a bigger issue with that foakes one, carey caught and threw ball before he even had time to spot what bairstow was doing but foakes waited and waited then tried to stump somebody who wasnt playing shot or attempting a run or walking out of his crease.

My view both attempts are fine both batsman were dumb arses but im not one acting morally superior the english are and no doubt they will ignore this one while stile crying about carey one when they arrive for next ashes.

Was nothing wrong with what carey did but if anybody does have an issue with carey one you would think they have a bigger issue with that foakes one, carey caught and threw ball before he even had time to spot what bairstow was doing but foakes waited and waited then tried to stump somebody who wasnt playing shot or attempting a run or walking out of his crease.

My view both attempts are fine both batsman were dumb arses but im not one acting morally superior the english are and no doubt they will ignore this one while stile crying about carey one when they arrive for next ashes.

I didn’t have a problem with them blowing up in the ashes.

I thought it was pretty poor as the batsman had BEEN out of his crease, returned to acknowledge the ball was ESSENTIALLY dead, then left. I thought it was pretty poor.

And I thought that the ‘gotcha’ clips being bandied about afterwards weren’t really apples to apples as the two I saw were both examples of a keeper trying to get a batsman to stay in his crease who started off standing out of it and hadn’t returned.

This, I have a problem with. They’ve drawn their line in the sand about sportsmanship - fair enough, they’ve said what they want to say and they want to stick by it. If that’s the case, wtf is this s**t?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's been stumpings in international cricket before when a WK has waited for the batsman to lose his balance/footing before whipping the bails off.

Play on.

yea but Bumrah was never losing his balance, he was waiting for Bumrah to jump or walk out of his crease.

England: 1 Zak Crawley, 2 Ben Duckett, 3 Ollie Pope, 4 Joe Root, 5 Jonny Bairstow, 6 Ben Stokes (capt), 7 Ben Foakes (wk), 8 Rehan Ahmed, 9 Tom Hartley, 10 Shoaib Bashir, 11 James Anderson.

Changes:
Jack Leach -> Shoaib Bashir
Mark wood -> James Anderson

Why the hell is Anderson still playing.. Blokes almost 42..

We have a weak spine. Shubman is out of form.
If Rohit and Shubman don’t do well, Shreyas will go into his shell.
The uncertainty of Patidar or Sarfaraz in the middle.
And Axar is untested so high up.
Srikar is still trying to figure out how to bat at Test level
And then the choice of Washington and Kuldeep. Washy can hold a bat, but Kuldeep is a much stronger spinner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back