T20I India vs Australia, 3 T20Is.

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would it be fair to say India have a better team on Australian pitches compared to Australia going into this world cup?

I know Australia beat India in 2021 at the World Cup. But i sense this India team is a better all round team than Autralia . On Australian wickets wont favour teams batting 2nd as much.
I think India have a better side on paper in general.

The good thing about world cups is that it doesn't matter. It's whoever brings it on the day.

Usually we perform above our station in WC's, let's hope that trend continues.

Would it be fair to say India have a better team on Australian pitches compared to Australia going into this world cup?

I know Australia beat India in 2021 at the World Cup. But i sense this India team is a better all round team than Autralia . On Australian wickets wont favour teams batting 2nd as much.

Maxwell,s form with the bat is a worry,could he be dropped from the side.

Maxwell,s form with the bat is a worry,could he be dropped from the side.

Not in Ausralian conditions. Stoinis should though...

As bad as those two are Finch is a million times worse! If he had any love for the team he'd sack himself today!

Why can't Pant open, and if Virat is in the side he can open does it in the IPL.
Rishabh needs more game time at the moment, not playing two of the three games in favour of DK probably doesn't do well for his confidence right before the WC
If Virat is in this form, he could open, with Sky at 3 (where he bats for MI)

Finch needs to get Tonya Harding and whacked on the knee

India full strength

Us missing Starc Warner Marsh

Ellis needs to come back in

Agar needs to play

Cummins needs to be dropped

on Australian wickets you can play 2 of the 4: Starc/Hazlewood/Cummins or Nathan Ellis. Fancy Ellis might be pushing up the pecking order based on the last 2 games.

I rate Elliis death bowling. Not sure if Sams or Abbott is our answer. Sams the better bat, Abbott slightly better bowler of those 2.

Finch needs to get Tonya Harding and whacked on the knee

India full strength

Us missing Starc Warner Marsh

Ellis needs to come back in

Agar needs to play

Cummins needs to be dropped

You forgot one thing...not having Sams bowling

on Australian wickets you can play 2 of the 4: Starc/Hazlewood/Cummins or Nathan Ellis. Fancy Ellis might be pushing up the pecking order based on the last 2 games.

I rate Elliis death bowling. Not sure if Sams or Abbott is our answer. Sams the better bat, Abbott slightly better bowler of those 2.

You need death bowlers so for me it's Starc/Ellis for 2 of the spots. Then I'd probably play Hazelwood as he's much better in Australia conditions. Zampa the spinner. Part time spin in Maxwell, David.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fair enough.

then why do we have to name a squad prior to now ?

i was under the impression it could only be changed due to injury at the ICC's discretion.

i find it silly naming a squad when we are still playing games prior to the WC.

No idea. Probably an ICC reason lol

Agree, Ellis is an excellent death bowler and has put up good performances nationally and in the BBL. Should be pushing to be a mainstay in the side soon.

The squad is way too old. I feel like we are going to have to skip the Ishan/Shreyas/Sanju generation for a new batch of kids aged 22-26 once the current group retire
I Didn't realise Suryakumar Yadav was 32. I also thought Dinesh Karthik retired years ago, and that Pant would just take his place, but DK performed well in the IPL so may as well give him a shot, these would have to be his last internationals though.

I Didn't realise Suryakumar Yadav was 32. I also thought Dinesh Karthik retired years ago, and that Pant would just take his place, but DK performed well in the IPL so may as well give him a shot, these would have to be his last internationals though.
Yeah sky is old.

We have 3 "new gen" keepers in Ishan, Sanju and Rishabh. We needed to develop these three to be international cricketers and so that they could all be used as keeping options in all three formats. Not counting Rahul has I consider him in the older generation. I agree DK deserves a chance, and has proven himself as a bat (Hardik has reproven himself), but it's gonna cost us in the future if we keep using DK as a keeper then we are screwed.
This was the problem with MS going on for almost forever, we had names like Saha, Parthiv and Naman Ojha that all where capable of filling that position. DO something similar to what Sangakarra and Baz did in their respective sides and step down as keeper to occasional keeper to help build the next generation.

No idea. Probably an ICC reason lol

so i heard on the news, we have until the 15th to 'change' the squad.

it really defeats the purpose of naming the squad earlier , especially that we still had this india series to play.

it's not as if we are going to sensationally 'drop' a player from the squad that was named a few weeks ago.

we are basically locked in with the squad, which is capable of winning if all things go right and i think you'll find Green's time in the T20 side will come after the world cup.

Back