Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That totally shatters my illusions about who is behind PertRoosOsborne 's account then...

I always pronounce your name as Caiaphas of (Pharisee/bible/Jesus Christ Superstar) fame, are you telling me you're not him?

He's such a badass.

Semi related to us:

http://www.afr.com/business/sport/t...th-25m-after-sponsorship-woes-20180201-h0s15t

The Gold Coast Suns AFL club struggled financially last year, its accounts reveal, leading the cashed-up league to increase its support payments to almost $25 million after a sponsorship slump.

The club's financial accounts show the AFL's huge new broadcasting deal allowed it to tip in an extra $5.5 million to help the Suns break even. With the league's help, the Suns' 2017 annual report, lodged late last week with the corporate regulator, showed it made a net loss before finance income of just $24,000, compared with a $3 million loss the previous year.

An analysis of the accounts showed the AFL was forced to shell out about $24.7 million in grants to the Suns in the year to October 31, up from $19.1 million last year, in order for the Suns to reach that near break-even figure.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has targeted Queensland as a priority for the league. The Brisbane Lions, which received $20.9 million in central funding, made a $1.76 million net loss in 2017.

But I thought he was generally pleased with the state of football in Queensland???

Zorko was on just on RSN a bit of what he said

Fagan and Noble have implemented a great culture and the welfare team are doing a great job. The whole club is trying to make brisbane feel like home as much as possible for the younger guys.

Defensive side of his game has been his personal focus this pre-season

Suprised by just how much Rayner and all the draftees want to learn and all the players we have drafted add something to the team.

Hodge has already been huge with the backline.

Please - the soft soccer people are calling for a boutique stadium with 20-25k capacity with extras to be built near a railway station in Brisbane. If they get help before us I will go nuts.

They play at the best stadium in Brisbane and train at ballymore. Yes Suncorp is too big and ballymore is old but they are 7/10 on the ladder and get less than 10k people and the Gabba is crap.

surely our game that gets more than their best crowd when we are wooden spooners deserves support first.

Ffs we lost the national grand final home advantage (and possibly the title) because of lack of a stadium. Surely that is more significant to the state than soccer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back