Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
Without looking at the fixture the Crows surely must have a game tonight. It feels like the Crows have and will be on every Friday.

Will this continue for the rest of the season?

So the Grand Finalists, and best attacking team in the game at the end of 2017, widely tipped to be a premiership contender in 2018, gets a lot of prime time games.

Yeah... what an outrage... :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting thing about this fixture to me is how big a crowd the Swans get I think. I'm not sure how often they play Fridays at home. Sydney is a big place with long commutes for many people. 7:50 is as late as it can be I guess.

Better than watching Carlton...
Who's the idiot that gave them so many Friday night games again, obviously Learnt nothing from previous seasons
Yeah it was a thrilling contest last week and this week looks set to be just as good, if not better.
Don't get me wrong, Crows are certainly more deserving of those spots than Carlton, but it doesn't matter who is scheduled to play, you can't guarantee a good game each week.

Yeah it was a thrilling contest last week and this week looks set to be just as good, if not better.
Don't get me wrong, Crows are certainly more deserving of those spots than Carlton, but it doesn't matter who is scheduled to play, you can't guarantee a good game each week.

You can't, but you can increase the chances of a good game. Certainly in theory Adelaide vs Sydney, based on last year, is going to be a much better game than Adelaide vs Carlton for instance.

My preference (in the absence of a floating fixture for this) would be for Friday night games to involve as many different teams as possible over the year. I have no interest as a neutral in seeing the same team more than 3-4 times a year in the timeslot at a maximum. We can't predict form so may as well just spread the load.

I'm predicting a game display of footy tonight. Hard fought, great tackles and will open up late in the third as players tire.

Could go either way but footy will be the winner.

Without looking at the fixture, I reckon Carlton are playing Essendon at the G tonight.

Just an update on this guys, I did check the fixture, and Sydney are playing Adelaide in Sydney tonight.
Carlton are playing West Coast in Melbourne tomorrow and Essendon are playing Collingwood in Melbourne on Wednesday.

I probably should have just checked the fixture originally, would have looked much less foolish.

Friday night footy should be shared evenly with the big 4 vic teams with the odd peanut thrown to the vic minnow clubs.

Non vic clubs have no right on prime time regardless of them making the grand final.

Lets march to town hall.

I think you're posting with your alt account when you mean to be posting with your actual Essendon/Collingwood/Richmond account.

I don't have a problem with the best team during the home and away season last year getting 5 Friday nights and 1 Thursday night game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back