Prediction Jack to win his 3rd Coleman

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Jack would see it that we’re in the business of winning premierships being the team man he is.
Yet being an honest down to earth citizen I reckon he would say Nick was the better individual player who played further away from goal bc of his aerobic capacity. IMO Nicks aerobic capacity was amazing and the miles he would run was greater than Richos and only comparable to Buddy.
So going back to my original sentence I would still value Jack as the better footballer not bc of the three Coleman’s, but bc of that Premiership .
Jack is a team player and bc of his unselfishness he brings lesser players into the game and raises the confidence of individuals around him. You can’t say a bad word about him bc his leadership and personality is infectious .
My Bro in law a Carlton supporter had a yarn with him in his first year at Coburg and noticed his confidence and leadership and stated from that point he was going to be a champion . He would tag along with us just to see Jack play and more importantly track his development as he loved the way Jack went about it. He’s the first bloke to text me when Jack does anything of greatness and like many of us he’s puzzled how Jack can run the forward line as a tall pretty well single handed and not be totally wrecked.
I reckon I probably have a softer spot for Jack bc of him putting Jack on notice to me so early on in his career. I did have a victory over him bc I got Rance right even after he had seven kicked on him at Preston one day. ;)

Agree with what you said , My argument to people who constantly say Nick was a better footballer than Jack is why and the only thing that gets pointed out is exactly what you said - His tank and ability to run up and down the ground

My Argument is that his aerobic ability is a natural gift but Jack is the better ' Footballer' As he has the ability to play in many more roles for the club as well as his team first and football brain. I think in 20 years time they will be considered equal by many without bias

I think it’s getting closer, but Nick has him shaded at the moment.

Nick’s athletic ability on its own isn’t why, it was that it allowed him to consistently get to contest after contest, hit them hard and regularly do the inspirational. It allowed him to take more marks (57% more) and get more possessions (33% more) than Jack, which is a significant difference for big men.

At his peak, Nick was consistently rated by the media/public as one of the best few players in the game. Jack did himself no favours for a long time with his demeanour and is only now starting to get some rightful plaudits.

Nick probably benefited from playing in good teams for a longer period of time than Jack has.

I agree that Jack is without a doubt the better ‘natural footballer’, but Nick’s body of work is still just ahead for me.

I think Jack would see it that we’re in the business of winning premierships being the team man he is.
Yet being an honest down to earth citizen I reckon he would say Nick was the better individual player who played further away from goal bc of his aerobic capacity. IMO Nicks aerobic capacity was amazing and the miles he would run was greater than Richos and only comparable to Buddy.
So going back to my original sentence I would still value Jack as the better footballer not bc of the three Coleman’s, but bc of that Premiership .
Jack is a team player and bc of his unselfishness he brings lesser players into the game and raises the confidence of individuals around him. You can’t say a bad word about him bc his leadership and personality is infectious .
My Bro in law a Carlton supporter had a yarn with him in his first year at Coburg and noticed his confidence and leadership and stated from that point he was going to be a champion . He would tag along with us just to see Jack play and more importantly track his development as he loved the way Jack went about it. He’s the first bloke to text me when Jack does anything of greatness and like many of us he’s puzzled how Jack can run the forward line as a tall pretty well single handed and not be totally wrecked.
I reckon I probably have a softer spot for Jack bc of him putting Jack on notice to me so early on in his career. I did have a victory over him bc I got Rance right even after he had seven kicked on him at Preston one day. ;)
The three of em are awesome, but I couldn’t imagine any team Nick R was in that he wouldn’t be captain even a state team with Buckley.
I don’t often think of Buddy’s running stamina cause he’s so explosive but he would have to be I spose, I remeber Richo being interveiwed post career talking bout his running ability in his last year he set himself a goal for the tan track to go sub 12min.
Finished right on the 12 min...thats pretty incredible for a bloke 6’6 nearly a 100kilo.
The tan is 3.8, two mile plus two laps of a track.
An average runner does a mile 7-10min.

Last edited:
The three of em are awesome, but I couldn’t imagine any team Nick R was in that he wouldn’t be captain even a state team with Buckley.
I don’t often think of Buddy’s running stamina cause he’s so explosive but he would have to be I spose, I remeber Richo being interveiwed post career talking bout his running ability in his last year he set himself a goal for the tan track to go sub 12min.
Finished right on the 12 min...thats pretty incredible for a bloke 6’6 nearly a 100kilo.
The tan is 3.8, two mile plus two laps of a track.
An average runner does a mile 7-10min.
8 minutes for a mile (5min per km) is pretty slow, I can do that and I don't even train regularly.
Anything slower than that is almost jogging pace

Well this thread is enough for me to have a punt. $15/1 isn't too bad. Hopefully he kicks a bag this week.
Stick everything you have on Jack winning the Coleman , even go into hock for it, my source is red hot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back