Rumour Jack Watts to the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Watts is like Vickery (obviously better, but the same issue). He's a small man trapped in a big man's body. Smart, good skills, tends to do the right things - but gets extra points because 'Great skills for a big man!'.

The problem is, if you are 6-4, 6-5 or so, you are expected to throw your weight around a bit and take a contested mark now and then. I don't think Watts offers much more than can be got from a reasonably skilled 6-footer - who will be faster and better skilled overall.

No. Vickery is plain old s**t. Does dumb things, pretty average skills, and is soft as *.

Watts was a victim of probably always being big and not knowing how to use his body or show aggression simply because he never had to. Throw in going to a low performing club with lots of history and media attention and you have someone who just isn't going to excel, at least not immediately. Then again Naitanui is rubbish, no matter what people say about him 'improving.' Watts has become a pretty good player though who is now forgotten or underrated because he wasn't the bustling, charismatic David Neitz replacement (then again Neitz was 33 and a gun and Watts was 18). He's not bad on the wing, has a nice kick, and works pretty hard. I reckon he'd add something dynamic to the Giants and with him playing as the second or third option down there he'd go really well. Take Mumford out as he'll retire soon and Lobb becomes the full time ruck and it's a decent idea.

Lions I just think he'd do well, not sure why, maybe a more considerate coach and someone willing to give the whole team a bit of time so long as they improve and show dedication?

iEtd2kb.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its no secret that Watts has been on the outer this last month under Goodwin, my sources tell me that the club is seeking potential trades and that the Dockers are firming as one of the likeliest targets, with Watts slated to fill the tall forward role left vacant with Pavs departure. It's unclear what would be required to get the trade done but it's felt that a swap of Watts for Balic & Freos first pick might be enough to get this done.
I call bullshit on your source

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Very doubtful - Watts wouldn't go to a WA club, he's under contract and although I rate him for us he isn't worth pick 5 and a player unless we gave pick 10 back.

All in all, not a great rumour.

Very doubtful - Watts wouldn't go to a WA club, he's under contract and although I rate him for us he isn't worth pick 5 and a player unless we gave pick 10 back.

All in all, not a great rumour.
I dunno, got a few Dockers supporters up and about. One of them even managed to get a totally irrelevant sledge against Natanui in.
Gotta give the kiddies something to do.

Watts seriously undervalued on here. If Ted Whitten impregnated Wonder Woman Jack Watts would be the result and if Freo land this footy superhero I will have to take up golf or something as they would not lose a single game with him in the side ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back