Rumour Jake Carlisle to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Carlton would... me personally, if it were my call, no way in the world. I know there's plenty of player movement these days, but some blokes are part of the fibre of a club, for me Gibbs is that sort of player for Carlton.
Great question by the way.
But that fibre isnt really working out that great is it? I mean you did win the spoon with a full salary cap.
18th from 18 suggests something is rotten to the core. We won the spoon in 2014, but not with a full SC. We have loads of salary cap space after clearing out Goddard and Dal Santo.

Not really the same thing. Once Hamill had decided to leave Carlton, he knew where he wanted to go. He was only faced with one decision, "stay or go"... Carlisle on the other hand is faced with two decisions 1. Stay or go? And 2. Where do I go now? He may very well choose the Saints, I would, but the two circumstances are quite different.

So you are saying we need your president to insult big Jake to make it a certainty then? :p

But that fibre isnt really working out that great is it? I mean you did win the spoon with a full salary cap.
18th from 18 suggests something is rotten to the core. We won the spoon in 2014, but not with a full SC. We have loads of salary cap space after clearing out Goddard and Dal Santo.
Excellently put by you, impossible to argue with any of that. And our "fibre" right now probably isn't worth preserving, but he's just one of those players that I couldn't bare to see in an opposition jumper. Probably more a heart call by me, rather than a smart one.

Either that or big Jake has a really close look at both lists... God I hope he's not that thorough...

Well we have Riewoldt you have Henderson....umm I mean who now :p
We have Jack Steven you have Yarran....I mean ummmm :p
You do have Cripps and Menzel though, showing there is some light :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if I was a carlton fan and that's all they truely offered I'd be p1ssed off , he's still young and just what carlton needs .
A sook with a WADA notice hanging over his head who can play good footy when he wants too.

Plus we are not trading pick 1 which is what dodoro would want for him

5 years at 700k vs 3 years at 500k.

What would you choose?

Money is why Hamill chose us over you also right? ;)

Jokes, money aside, looking at the lists we have, Carlton is wholesale selling their best players, we are building a team, so I think most would choose us over you at this point in time.

You know the Blues have turned to mud when Jake Carlisle would pick St Kilda over Carlton :D
Funny thing is, he picked the Blues, but they wanted to walk him thru PSD. He said no, Ess must get something, across to Saints he goes.

Really good get, would have loved him at Tiges so we could get rid of Spud Chaplin

Funny thing is, he picked the Blues, but they wanted to walk him thru PSD. He said no, Ess must get something, across to Saints he goes.

Really good get, would have loved him at Tiges so we could get rid of Spud Chaplin

Reckon your book ends of Jack and Alex trump him any day. Not sure I would want to go to a team where there is every chance I would be shipped off in a few more years for more draft picks. Or perhaps wanna leave yourself. If we can pick up another big gun like him it will be kinda like picking up Hamill and Gehrig in the same year, two big guns who can take us forward fast.

Reckon your book ends of Jack and Alex trump him any day. Not sure I would want to go to a team where there is every chance I would be shipped off in a few more years for more draft picks. Or perhaps wanna leave yourself. If we can pick up another big gun like him it will be kinda like picking up Hamill and Gehrig in the same year, two big guns who can take us forward fast.
Yeah mate, agree. Blues are unstable and a mile away. Don't know why he was headed the Blues way, but they stuffed it, so away you go. Yes, our bookends are good, but Chappy is a spud, and teams need two KPD. We need a 2nd, think our club wants to "develop" #tightar$3s

Yeah mate, agree. Blues are unstable and a mile away. Don't know why he was headed the Blues way, but they stuffed it, so away you go. Yes, our bookends are good, but Chappy is a spud, and teams need two KPD. We need a 2nd, think our club wants to "develop" #tightar$3s

Just play Chappy against Collingwood only, those guys made Vickery look like a superstar this season so they may do the same for Troy ;)

A sook with a WADA notice hanging over his head who can play good footy when he wants too.

Plus we are not trading pick 1 which is what dodoro would want for him
I wanted him, even with the baggage he's what we need, especially now that Trallore (not sure of that spelling, sorry) is a possibility, those two would speed up the rebuild without compromising the concept of a rebuild. We should've gone harder at Carlisle, I wonder sometimes what they're thinking at Carlton.

I wanted him, even with the baggage he's what we need, especially now that Trallore (not sure of that spelling, sorry) is a possibility, those two would speed up the rebuild without compromising the concept of a rebuild. We should've gone harder at Carlisle, I wonder sometimes what they're thinking at Carlton.
And what would pick would you have given up to get him that would satisfy Essendon especially as they seem to have a hard on for pick 5 from the saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back