Recommitted Jamarra Ugle-Hagan [contract extension to end of 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why bulldogs fans seem to get so worked up over the idea of a draftee leaving?? If he does want to leave after his two year contract it’s very realistic he would want to return to rural regional lifestyle with a club like geelong, or if his all about $$ go play for essendon or Carlton.
Have you seen who he’s dating? Does she seem like the rural regional lifestyle kind of girl?
I think any set of fans would get worked up if a number 1 pick wanted to leave after half a season. Thankfully it’s complete BS and has amusingly brought out a number of very poor trolls.

Have you seen who he’s dating? Does she seem like the rural regional lifestyle kind of girl?
I think any set of fans would get worked up if a number 1 pick wanted to leave after half a season. Thankfully it’s complete BS and has amusingly brought out a number of very poor trolls.

what does an 18 year olds gf Have to do with it?? Has he proposed?? It’s not a wife mate. Has very little relevancy to his situation at end of second year.

doesn’t change the fact he very well could leave and return back to regional lifestyle. Or might want to stay? Who knows. You certainly don’t know and either do I, but it’s possible. What is dumb is jumping up and down saying he absolutely will stay and it’s 100 percent certain. It isnt

what does an 18 year olds gf Have to do with it?? Has he proposed?? It’s not a wife mate. Has very little relevancy to his situation at end of second year.

doesn’t change the fact he very well could leave and return back to regional lifestyle. Or might want to stay? Who knows. You certainly don’t know and either do I, but it’s possible. What is dumb is jumping up and down saying he absolutely will stay and it’s 100 percent certain. It isnt
He’s living with the Fevolas.
No one has jumped up and down and said it’s never going to happen. Just that it isn’t happening this year as the report suggested.

If he was pissed about not getting a game at the Dogs then he would hardly want out to Geelong to play VFL behind Hawkins and Cameron.

If he was pissed about not getting a game at the Dogs then he would hardly want out to Geelong to play VFL behind Hawkins and Cameron.

not Right now. But possibly once his contract ends after initial two years when Hawkins is gone you would assume.

don’t really care tbh either way but if he is leaving you would think geelong is up there in his thinking. That’s if he wants to leave

He’s living with the Fevolas.
No one has jumped up and down and said it’s never going to happen. Just that it isn’t happening this year as the report suggested.

would be odd to do it then rather than wait till his contract is up. Why reports anyway?? Seems a nothing story purely written to get clicks. He hasn’t even played a game yet.

not Right now. But possibly once his contract ends after initial two years when Hawkins is gone you would assume.

don’t really care tbh either way but if he is leaving you would think geelong is up there in his thinking. That’s if he wants to leave
Dude he's not going to Geelong.

This story does seem absurd but normally Sam Edmund has pretty good mail doesn't he?
I'm reading it as "Clubs are interested in Jamarra" rather than "Jamarra doesn't want to be at the Bulldogs", and the former is certainly plausible. Would imagine if there was even the slightest possibility that Jamarra wasn't happy at the Bulldogs every club would be keen on throwing their name into the ring. Don't see why Dogs fans are so defensive about this to be honest; there's no implication at all that he's leaving, only that other clubs are interested in him which they'd already know as he was recently drafted at #1.

All in all, it's a pretty mild story that we all could have guessed at anyway.

I'm reading it as "Clubs are interested in Jamarra" rather than "Jamarra doesn't want to be at the Bulldogs", and the former is certainly plausible. Would imagine if there was even the slightest possibility that Jamarra wasn't happy at the Bulldogs every club would be keen on throwing their name into the ring. Don't see why Dogs fans are so defensive about this to be honest; there's no implication at all that he's leaving, only that other clubs are interested in him which they'd already know as he was recently drafted at #1.

Absolutely a much more sensible way to look at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This story does seem absurd but normally Sam Edmund has pretty good mail doesn't he?
Like most journos he has good mail at some clubs and terrible at others. For example, he has terrible mail at Essendon.

That's not how Edmund presented it at all, rather he used the words 'disillusioned' and 'frustrated' to imply Jamarra is looking elsewhere. I do agree with the premise that 'clubs are interested' but Edmund has twisted it completely.

I find it ironic that a dogs fan is being a snowflake about a potential gun key forward not getting a game might get poached after their first season

Go back and check Sam Edmunds history. Then come back to me without the term snowflake. If you’re trying to compare this situation with Tom Boyd, you’re even dumber than I thought.

If he's already getting the grumbles over not playing after only 6 months on a list I'd have to question his attitude tbh

I think at the end of the day he would only leave if he thinks he is at a club where
A. He's not going to see much success during his career. And/or
B. He's cant see himself as as one of the permanent key forwards in that side.

I think both he would at the dogs.

The lure to Essendon makes sense though given the promising young rebuilding list he could join alongside.
He would also be guaranteed to slot straight into the forward line in Hookers spot with Harry Jones for the next 10 years+.

Clubs were always going to ask about him doesn’t mean he wants to leave the club

Course. I’d expect 17 clubs to ask the question. If you weren’t, you aren’t doing your job. Im not interested in hearing about toxic girlfriends, social media, assuming Jamarra has a poor attitude or indigenous issues that people think they know about.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm sure the lure of playing beside Harry Jones rather than Aaron Naughton is irresistible.
Yes. Difference is he would at Essendon and isnt at the Dogs.
Hed also likely be the 1 wood at Essendon and the 3 wood at the Dogs.

Go back and check Sam Edmunds history. Then come back to me without the term snowflake. If you’re trying to compare this situation with Tom Boyd, you’re even dumber than I thought.
This is a thread on Ugle-Hagan not Sam Edmund

Remove this Banner Ad

Back