Free Agency Jayden Hunt [Unrestricted Free Agent to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Hunt play wing?
Hunt was at the club when Melbourne rotated a cast of thousands through the wings, and then recruited Langdon and Tomlinson because they decided nobody at the club was right for the role.

He can probably be a defensive winger using his pace, but he’s a ball butcher and not a good decision maker.

Frost was always very good defensively though. What is Hunt's 1 wood? Running fast? Not tall, not strong, not a good defender, not good overhead, poor kick, poor decision making.
His defending has improved dramatically to the point where he is good now. blanketed many small forwards this year such as Higgins on the weekend.

He's an average defender and his pressure acts are rated below average. Doesn't intercept, doesn't win his won ball, doesn't use it, below average score involvements, below average rebound 50s. The guy is just no good. And all that while palying in the team with the best defensive structure. Will get found out massively in a poor team.
He's shut down Bolton and Higgins in recent weeks, so they must be average players if you consider Hunt an average defender.

Bolton? He had the 3rd most centre bounces attendances for us and I didn't see Hunt there for any of them? :think:
Have a look at his heat map that night. Spent a lot of time forward. Sure took some centre bounces but spent majority forward and Hunt was on him. Hunt has been exceptional defensively this year.

Have a look at his heat map that night. Spent a lot of time forward. Sure took some centre bounces but spent majority forward and Hunt was on him. Hunt has been exceptional defensively this year.
Not just some, over half.

Mate if Joel Smith and Jayden Hunt can look good in the dees defence anyone can. He'd be found out in any other team.

Mate if Joel Smith and Jayden Hunt can look good in the dees defence anyone can. He'd be found out in any other team.

joel smith never looks 'good' in defence

hunt has gone from being a liability with ball in hand and pretty unaccountable for his man to going at over 70% efficiency and locking down hard on the oppo's best small forward week after week

yes, he's playing in a good system, but he's performing well

be interesting to see if any club chases him

I wasn’t talking how good he’d be in another team. I was responding about the fact he beat Bolton. TBH I think Hunt is somewhat limited. However has been great at locking down this season. And his kicking has improved. Thanks to Choco I’d say.

joel smith never looks 'good' in defence

hunt has gone from being a liability with ball in hand and pretty unaccountable for his man to going at over 70% efficiency and locking down hard on the oppo's best small forward week after week

yes, he's playing in a good system, but he's performing well

be interesting to see if any club chases him
70.7% puts him below average. Battler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s been ok this year. Prettt good early on but dropped away. Hibberd has taken his spot. Could easily be squeezed out at the end of this year. Hibberd is out this year to but there’s a couple guys at Casey who look decent prospects. including Rivers who’ll be back.

Dropped this week
Shocked to be standing here - rubbish player.

I know there is going to be some misguided poster who suggests Gold Coast snap him up on a 2-year deal, but he's one of the worst footballers going round.

Soft, one-dimensional, s**t headband.

Back to the ammos IMO.

Shocked to be standing here - rubbish player.

I know there is going to be some misguided poster who suggests Gold Coast snap him up on a 2-year deal, but he's one of the worst footballers going round.

Soft, one-dimensional, s**t headband.

Back to the ammos IMO.
I think NM or WC have now taken our crown of trade C grade player to improve the list I would have thought.

Pace is something you can't teach and can be really valuable. If he leaves the Dees, someone else will pick him up.

Some like WC who have a list as slow as treacle could seriously benefit from him.
Maybe they should go after Justin Gatlin then?

Stranger things have happened. Would be a similar signing to say Dylan Buckley being picked up as a DFA to GWS, but can't see this one happening.

The Eagles are in shambles, but they aren't going to just chuck a list spot on a confirmed plodder.

He's actually had a good season up until last weekend. He's playing as a lockdown defender, which isn't his usual role. Will get picked up by someone and may well even get an extension, but don't imagine Melbourne will stand in his way if someone else wants him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back