Free Agency Jayden Hunt [Unrestricted Free Agent to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why get him?

Rather get younger players like Sharpe or somebody with toe around 26.

Sharp has issues defensively running both ways, is under contract and will cost draft picks. Dev Robertson is where the Eagles may trade a pick to land a player.

Sure a younger player would be preferred. But they cost draft capital and Hunt is a free hit, and is 27. Is 1 year older really that much of a concern?

As I said if he comes it is to help transition into a new, faster game plan. Eagles interested in Frederick from Port as steak knives in that deal, again adding more leg speed.

So there is a certain pattern emerging there.

Don't mind it for the Eagles. He's fast and breaks lines. Was the reason we finished top two and when given the chance in the right position can absolutely be a serviceable player. Won't be a star but should be an upgrade, and is incredibly fit and some of that Burgess knowledge and fitness might work out for the Eagles. Hard to attract A grade talent when you finish bottom 2, so Eagles are going to need to get up the ladder a bit to get the attention of some of those A graders they're searching for.

Sharp has issues defensively running both ways, is under contract and will cost draft picks. Dev Robertson is where the Eagles may trade a pick to land a player.

Sure a younger player would be preferred. But they cost draft capital and Hunt is a free hit, and is 27. Is 1 year older really that much of a concern?

As I said if he comes it is to help transition into a new, faster game plan. Eagles interested in Frederick from Port as steak knives in that deal, again adding more leg speed.

So there is a certain pattern emerging there.
Robertson and Frederick makes sense to me but Hunt doesn’t.

Can't believe teams are finally taking our average players so a bit of that Dees kulcha helps rebuild their young list.

Good luck to him.

Welcome to Eagles best 6 players Jayden

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does strike me as one of those UFA signings that really doesn’t enthuse supporters of either party

Melbourne fans are meh that he’s gone and WC fans meh that he’s arriving

He'll be ok, he's pretty consistent with his output, not great but not terrible either.

A decent signing imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back