Free Agency Jayden Hunt [Unrestricted Free Agent to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Linked to the Eagles.

I think I'm in the minority of fans that would be happy for him to join us, we need some pace badly. Would prefer if he was played forward, we already have Jamaine Jones offering great rebound/below average disposal off the half back line.

Makes absolutely zero sense for West Coast, but I'm all for it
I was going to say eagles need some youth but then I check his age. Hard to believe he's 28 next season. Remember when he played a handful of decent games and they rushed him onto the panel of the footy show? :$

He'd probably be a regular in this eagles side, shouldn't be in the Dees though.

Makes absolutely zero sense for West Coast, but I'm all for it
We're as slow as treacle tart and have a real lack of regular (healthy) contributors in that 27-29 age range.

Makes sense to me as a FA.

I was going to say eagles need some youth but then I check his age. Hard to believe he's 28 next season. Remember when he played a handful of decent games and they rushed him onto the panel of the footy show? :$

He'd probably be a regular in this eagles side, shouldn't be in the Dees though.
Wait he’s 28? That snuck up

Look he can provide run not a terrible pick up

We're as slow as treacle tart and have a real lack of regular (healthy) contributors in that 27-29 age range.

Yeah the run he could provide would be handy as you guys transition your older mids. Not the worst idea

Sure, the run is good and all. It's the kick that comes at the end of it that's the problem though.

Sure, the run is good and all. It's the kick that comes at the end of it that's the problem though.
That’s a reasonable point, I think its “dealable” provided there’s not too many other butchers at the club

FA so a free hit so makes sense. Makes a mockery of Nisbett's call that you wouldn't be trading in any B Graders doesn't it?

As much service as he has given your club, Nisbett out might be the best move you could make this off-season, just saying.

FA so a free hit so makes sense. Makes a mockery of Nisbett's call that you wouldn't be trading in any B Graders doesn't it?

As much service as he has given your club, Nisbett out might be the best move you could make this off-season, just saying.
Don’t know about that, could argue semantics re:trade/fa acquisitions but I don’t think their situation is his doing, more just a list which has had very good players all close together nearing the end. It did deliver a flag so you could say it’s the bill for that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t know about that, could argue semantics re:trade/fa acquisitions but I don’t think their situation is his doing, more just a list which has had very good players all close together nearing the end. It did deliver a flag so you could say it’s the bill for that

Fair call. I'm coming from the other end of town that has achieved absolutely nothing so not taking pot shots. Their success is something to aspire to.

Looking on from the other side though, many would suggest they have had a poor couple of years across quite a number of areas in the PR stakes and their list recognition doesn't appear to be a strong point. Two more years for Naitanui, regardless of the champion he has been, being a classical case in point.

I think if you canvassed a number of their supporters many would suggest it is time for Nisbett to move on?

Fair call. I'm coming from the other end of town that has achieved absolutely nothing so not taking pot shots. Their success is something to aspire to.

Looking on from the other side though, many would suggest they have had a poor couple of years across quite a number of areas in the PR stakes and their list recognition doesn't appear to be a strong point. Two more years for Naitanui, regardless of the champion he has been, being a classical case in point.

I think if you canvassed a number of their supporters many would suggest it is time for Nisbett to move on?
Yeah reasonable points. In terms of the list transitions not every club can do a Geelong so the transistor is likely to be tough.

I think there’d be more uproar if they didn’t extend Naitanui. It’s just gonna be a couple more rough year to fix up the list.

Historically WCE haven’t had to endure prolonged rebuild periods so some of the discontent could be due to that but I think he had enough credits ….for now

A bit sad but good luck to him. Has played 40/45 games over the past two years in a very good team. Wonder what we get - maybe a pick after our third.

I still think Hunt’s best position is as a leading forward. But he’s not going to get in front of Fritsch at Melbourne.

He’s very fast in a straight line. He is a reliable set shot. When he’s kicking at goal very little decision making or nuance in kick execution is required.

It plays to his strengths and minimises his weaknesses.

Is it possible that’s what West Coast have him pegged for?

How are they trading in a UFA?;):rolleyes:

He is better than the player being replaced, cost zero draft capital and has speed that Eagles need and are looking to play a faster style. He's there to show the kids how its done and to help build the gameplan over 2 maybe 3 years.

Last edited:
Getting a player like Hunt shows that West Coast rate their list and looking to top up.

No it doesnt.

It shows they are transitioning to a different game plan and lack a player like Hunt.

Hunt will be 30 - 32 when Eagles start contending again. He may not play in the next premiership side but he will help build it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back