List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else thinks it's wild that people are suggesting we'll have to do 2 first-round picks and a young/best 22 player eg. Parfitt, Sav, Clark, Simpson etc?

Has anyone every really commanded that high of assets in a deal?
Not all of that ... the two R1's I think ... but if they want players ..they will not get R1 picks and quality players in one trade..imo.

but over the decades there have been some really whacky deals

How is pick 18 more like pick 25?
I'm pretty sure there's set to be a whole chunk of academy bids in this draft. That'll push most picks down a bit depending on where they fall. Could mount a decent case depending on where the bids come that the compo pick is more valuable than even two of ours - provided bids come after it.

What we are forgetting here is that the thing GWS DONT have, is Dodoro. They want to make their club as attractive as possible to young talent, and you dont do that by making them jump through hoops to get home after 10 years of service.
Whats fair is that they need cost effective players that fill a need, and Sav fits that role. Also hes a NSW boy himself. Sav and a first rounder should be ample to get it done.
Dont forget...

Didn't SAV play for the bushrangers? Country kid. Not sure Western Sydney would be his first choice out of Cats v GWS. *edit Cobram

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure there's set to be a whole chunk of academy bids in this draft. That'll push most picks down a bit depending on where they fall. Could mount a decent case depending on where the bids come that the compo pick is more valuable than even two of ours - provided bids come after it.
This seems to be a commonly held belief, but aside from Jamarra Ugle-Hagan going at pick 1 to the Dogs, are there really another 4 first-round academy players (factoring in comp picks for say Williams and one or two others) that will push pick 18 to #25?

It's got a bit of Clark to Freo for Carltons pick 7 about it to me.

Weve gotta give them something they want. They seem interested in Sav and we arent playing him right now. Im not his biggest fan though so I might be biased.

Understand. I am not saying he will end up being the add on but he fits a need, would probably like to get another contract, is improving.

I really don't think Geelong will part with Parfitt, Ratgolea, Simpson etc. Just on the required player metric. I also think the only types who would be not be disappointed by a trade to GWS would be the Fort / Parsons / Constable types and even then they may scratch up a more appealing (not money) offer closer to home.

Anyway GFC will get it sorted. I expect melts all round when it is announced a la the reaction to the Danger trade rather than FA move. But fortune favours the brave.

If i drafted a key foward at pick 9 I would be hoping they would kick a lot more then 270 goals over their career.

and hawkins and kennedy are the odd ones out. You are making an error in judgement if you assume the base case for cameron is his peak years extend to the age of 32. the base case should be 30. This is when most key fowards start to show noticable decline.

There were 8 key forwards in the top 10 goal kickers this year:

Hawkins - 32 years old
Kennedy - 33
Dixon - 30
Riewoldt - 31 (32 in a few weeks)
Lynch - 27 (28 in a few weeks...actually has the same birth day as Riewoldt. Weird.)
Gunston - 29 (not sure if he counts as a key forward?)
Darling - 28
Taberner - 27

At 27, Cameron is just about to enter his prime! ;)

There were 8 key forwards in the top 10 goal kickers this year:

Hawkins - 32 years old
Kennedy - 33
Dixon - 30
Riewoldt - 31 (32 in a few weeks)
Lynch - 27 (28 in a few weeks...actually has the same birth day as Riewoldt. Weird.)
Gunston - 29 (not sure if he counts as a key forward?)
Darling - 28
Taberner - 27

At 27, Cameron is just about to enter his prime! ;)
Riewoldt is past his prime.
gunston is past his prime and only 29
how is posting darling and taberner and lynch evidence that players peak well into their 30s?

Anyway GFC will get it sorted. I expect melts all round when it is announced a la the reaction to the Danger trade rather than FA move. But fortune favours the brave.

This is so true. Both Giants supporters and plenty here will complain about the deal when it gets done. Which will only mean that it's actually probably pretty close to 'bang on', in terms of his value.

And, like the Danger deal, I believe we'll then end up thinking 'how good is this?' by even halfway through Cameron's first season with us. He really is some sort of player, when he's up and about. And just the type we need with the way our list is positioned.

IWWT.

This seems to be a commonly held belief, but aside from Jamarra Ugle-Hagan going at pick 1 to the Dogs, are there really another 4 first-round academy players (factoring in comp picks for say Williams and one or two others) that will push pick 18 to #25?

It's got a bit of Clark to Freo for Carltons pick 7 about it to me.
Daniher Williams knock it back two Ugle another that puts it at 21 all ready 2-4 more bids likely before it, supposedly more in the 4 range which would put 18 at 25+

Makes 13 slip to say 17 and 18 to 25 now doesn't 9 being pushed back to 11 sound much better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only jamarra and campbell and maybe jones should be top 10 bids and williams and cameron compo inside the top 10. Mcinness walker western borlase newchurch etc should be after that. Crouch and daniher should be picks 19 and 20 compo and corr around the same mark i doubt they are band 1 but you never know.

Understand. I am not saying he will end up being the add on but he fits a need, would probably like to get another contract, is improving.

I really don't think Geelong will part with Parfitt, Ratgolea, Simpson etc. Just on the required player metric. I also think the only types who would be not be disappointed by a trade to GWS would be the Fort / Parsons / Constable types and even then they may scratch up a more appealing (not money) offer closer to home.

Sav is not unexpendable but then we would need to spend trade capital now bringing in another ruck to backup stanley. Hence why id rather trade constable narkle etc. I doubt he gets a game at gws anyway and in that circumstance probably doesnt want to go. Unless a player would be best 22 there he wont leave here imo.

Apparently our offer could be 850k-900k so if thats the case there is no way they can match based on the 700k offer they put on the table, if they do match they are a bunch of asshats for not giving Cameron what he deserves especially after screwing him out of big $$$
Even worse he throw away salary cap and draft capital rather than one or the other

This is so true. Both Giants supporters and plenty here will complain about the deal when it gets done. Which will only mean that it's actually probably pretty close to 'bang on', in terms of his value.

And, like the Danger deal, I believe we'll then end up thinking 'how good is this?' by even halfway through Cameron's first season with us. He really is some sort of player, when he's up and about. And just the type we need with the way our list is positioned.

IWWT.

In terms of trades, don't they often say that when fans of both teams feel they've been screwed over that it means it's most likely a fair trade

Do clubs even usually get who they ask for, first off the bat? Start high and come back to something more reasonable. They're asking for Sav but they won't get him imgo

What we are forgetting here is that the thing GWS DONT have, is Dodoro. They want to make their club as attractive as possible to young talent, and you dont do that by making them jump through hoops to get home after 10 years of service.
Whats fair is that they need cost effective players that fill a need, and Sav fits that role. Also hes a NSW boy himself. Sav and a first rounder should be ample to get it done.
Dont forget...

Can we be sure that "ship off" wasn't directed at Browne when he was discovered eavesdropping on the meeting? ;)

Dont forget...

Cobram's in Victoria

I can see some comments around that Jezza hasn't had a great year - and that's kinda true, but I reckon he's been considering leaving GWS for 12 months at least and the covid contract stuff was just the final nail.

Looking forward to a more relaxed, refreshed and cheerful Jezz in 2021

I can see some comments around that Jezza hasn't had a great year - and that's kinda true, but I reckon he's been considering leaving GWS for 12 months at least and the covid contract stuff was just the final nail.

Looking forward to a more relaxed, refreshed and cheerful Jezz in 2021

He looked really unhappy all year, by all reports the Covid bubble didn't help because he couldn't go out and do the stuff he loves, not saying he will dominate next year but I expect him to start fresh and more mentally prepared.

Not so sure about that some of the melting is what you are saying but a fair bit is because we just wont drop down and keep competing
It has more to do with proving the trolls who think we'll slide down the ladder each and every year, wrong.

Sav is not unexpendable but then we would need to spend trade capital now bringing in another ruck to backup stanley. Hence why id rather trade constable narkle etc. I doubt he gets a game at gws anyway and in that circumstance probably doesnt want to go. Unless a player would be best 22 there he wont leave here imo.
these are the sort of names I was thinking about, good players who don't quite fit into the CS system, but who may be able to get games in a different style.

Back