Preview JLT Series, Game 2 - Richmond vs Hawthorn - Saturday 9th of March, 7:10pm, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated yesterday, looks like caddy may have had a setback?

Josh Caddy Ankle 4-8 weeks
Jason Castagna Ankle 1-3 weeks
Ryan Garthwaite Achilles 1-3 weeks
Shaun Grigg Knee 4-8 weeks
Tom Lynch PCL 2-5 weeks
Jacob Townsend Thigh 1-3 weeks

Tom Lynch PCL 2-5 weeks

yeh doesnt sound good

wont be back before like round 4 or 5 imo

Tom Lynch PCL 2-5 weeks
caddy is a fat campaigner, cant handle the extra running required to be a full time mid. now we have to play him forward

lol lynch up to potentially 5 weeks gagf

will prob be 1-4 after 5 rounds

Sounds like Dusty is playing

Other notes:
- Caddy touch and go for rnd 1 (not 4-8 weeks away)
- Grigg still struggling a bit
- Castagna same boat as Caddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN:McIntosh,Moore,Manhedue,CCJ,Turner,Bolton,Naish,Miller
OUT:Dusty,Cotch,Prestia,Nank,Jack,Houli,Rioli,Astbury.
Its hard to know how to treat these games. JLT round 2 through is definitely giving the fringe players a chance to show they deserve Rd 1 selection. So as far as the backline goes. Markov plays again. I liked his game last week. He will get squeezed out of the back 6 but I'd play him on the wing ahead of Ellis at this stage. I also liked Broad's game. I don't think Miller is anywhere near it. In the middle I'd like to see Ellis impose himself on the next game.
I didn't mind RCD & Ross' games but didn't neither demanded a place Round 1. The pace caught Ross out a couple of times, but he looks ready. I'll be watching for that this week. RCD goes for it too. But not quite at the top level yet. But there are 2 spots Grigg & Conca's. Balta takes Grigg's spot Leaving 1 spot up for grabs. Maybe Ross steps up. I don't know that Graham or Kmac have secured their spots either.
Up fwd. No JC, Caddy, and JR on new dad leave. And Butler in poor / average form. I'd be having another look at Baker, Weller, at least. Ruck wise maybe rest Nank and play CCJ.

Got a feeling this is gonna be like the poort preseason game in 2016 where half the team got injuries. Would avoid playing any important players this weekend dimmer

yeh doesnt sound good

wont be back before like round 4 or 5 imo
Looks like the big off season recruits from both our clubs are having injury problems. We will have both Scully and Wingard missing the early rounds as well. Suspect we will put up a far better showing this weekend as the core of the team will be playing.

Looks like the big off season recruits from both our clubs are having injury problems. We will have both Scully and Wingard missing the early rounds as well. Suspect we will put up a far better showing this weekend as the core of the team will be playing.

I was referring to Caddy in my post, Lynch seems as though he may be ok for round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back