Recommitted Jonathon Patton [contracted to 2019, stayed at GWS]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would take him for a token pick if GWS want his salary off the books.

Geez he'd be a 600 to 1 shot mate. He seemed like the next Jonathan Brown when he was 18 but the poor dude is shot.

Rumour that Hawks are into him. I’d be ok with giving him a crack, even if he doesn’t play next season.

No guarantee that Scully will be on the park in 2019 either.....That's a combined $1.6million of our salary-cap, sitting in the stands for 12 months.

Only for a nominal pick at best thanks.

Hasnt played enough football - this is one unlucky guy.

The rule changes might help him a bit. Is still a decent lead and mark fwd and had an exceptional set shot for a while. Depends how the coaches play it with the guy starting in the goal square, some may go a small there to sprint straight up the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rule changes might help him a bit. Is still a decent lead and mark fwd and had an exceptional set shot for a while. Depends how the coaches play it with the guy starting in the goal square, some may go a small there to sprint straight up the ground.

He's worth a punt, the knees have robbed him of the brilliance but a competent FF who understands how to play FF (an underrated skill) is structurally quite valuable.

Brisbane, Gold Coast, Geelong, Hawthorn, Saints, Melbourne (with Hogan going), Collingwood should all be having a crack. If they got him onto the park and didn’t get unlucky with another ACL he would be a major asset up forward at least providing a contest.

I doubt gws let Patton go, unless they think he is done due to injury.

Is it 3 times he has done a knee?

I doubt gws let Patton go, unless they think he is done due to injury.

Is it 3 times he has done a knee?

He is done imo, already slow and lumbering and lacking defensive pressure and with how the game has changed I could only see him filling in at a bottom team
I would think he would be a more immobile version of Casboult
Sad as he had so much potential and his 2016 was pretty good
Anyone offering a 3rd round and I think the Giants would take it

Unless GWS are paying the majority of his wage (which would seem to negate the appeal for them considering they need to dump salary $) I personally would only be entertaining a trade for Patton that involved GWS also handing over picks to my club. I don't see why any club would be willing to take Patton on at their cost. Just my 2c.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back