Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll just remind everyone of his NEAFL stats last year, playing predominant as an inside midfielder:

15 games
17 kicks, 11 handballs- 28 disp
8 Marks
5 tackles
4 inside 50, 2 rebound
2.47 goals ave (37 goals)

I don’t have clearance stats but I’d imagine it’d be 7-8+ per game.

Still has time to force his way in this year.
Clearances in 2017 avg 4.73

So, with Kennedy a chance to miss next week... re: Dawson, will we or won't we?

So, with Kennedy a chance to miss next week... re: Dawson, will we or won't we?
I would but it depends what they do with Jones. If he moves to the middle, my guess is they won’t and they’ll bring in Rohan. If they leave Jones, they will add Dawson and Rohan plays reserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*Puts on Horse hat*
Bring in Kieren
*Takes off hat*

Can almost guarantee it. Yesterday showed that it is so much better to play the young players who are playing well in the reserves than the older players who are either on a massive decline or are playing injured but I am not remotely confident that is the lesson Longmire will take out of the game.

Given the form of Foote....( I know....right....).....it could be Horse reaches for him. His form last week was the best I have ever seen him play so it wouldn’t surprise if he went that way.

I would but it depends what they do with Jones. If he moves to the middle, my guess is they won’t and they’ll bring in Rohan. If they leave Jones, they will add Dawson and Rohan plays reserves.

If they were to do something like that it would be Jones to midfield to replace Kennedy and Grundy in for Kennedy to go back to our usual defensive setup.

May also depend how long Kennedy is going to be out for. If one week they’ll probably do the above. If several weeks they might go to a Dawson or a Foote to give them an opportunity for an extended run.

We need more grunt in the middle and I don't see Jack offering that to us. I'd love to see Dawson get a few games to show what he can do.

With our entire midfield potentially missing next week, my strategies have moved from probable to silly. I'd contemplate adding Grundy to partner Aliir in defence, then letting Rampe/Marsh rotate through the middle. I have no solid basis for that theory, so let's bring Dawson in please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back