Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure players should be able to nominate a club until reach FA. But hey, ALFPA would have a fit.
Gardiner was strong in mentioning that he wasn't a free agent which said to me we would do our best to get him home to SA.
So I no doubt feel that we have discussed with him that Port should be an option for him that gets us fair value.
I strongly believe this is why Ladhams is in the frame. Either a direct trade of Dawson to Port or we get something from the Crows that gets the Ladhams deal done when sending Dawson there.
That's my gut feel. Dawson's preference is Crows but he toured Port as well & I think that is the scenario that plays out before any PSD does. Dawson won't want that.
Losing Ladhams creates cap space for Dawson. The Swans aren't being this tough without knowing we have a strong position in the matter.
Interesting few days ahead.

Gardiner was strong in mentioning that he wasn't a free agent which said to me we would do our best to get him home to SA.
So I no doubt feel that we have discussed with him that Port should be an option for him that gets us fair value.
I strongly believe this is why Ladhams is in the frame. Either a direct trade of Dawson to Port or we get something from the Crows that gets the Ladhams deal done when sending Dawson there.
That's my gut feel. Dawson's preference is Crows but he toured Port as well & I think that is the scenario that plays out before any PSD does. Dawson won't want that.
Losing Ladhams creates cap space for Dawson. The Swans aren't being this tough without knowing we have a strong position in the matter.
I hope you are right.

Everyone wants to come out looking a winner, especially Reid, he needs a win more than most. Taking the emotion out of it, I think uncontracted he’s worth about pick 10ish. The PSD threat annoys me, muddies the waters too much. I’m all for a future pick swap and death riding another team, adds another layer
OMG! A sensible post! Praise be!

Dawson at 650k is a lot more expensive than Ladhams at 400k. A complication.

My Prediction on Wednesday 7pm:
Swans: Give Dawson + 39 + Future 3rd Get: Melb F1 + Crows F2 + 33
Crows: Give: Melb F1 + 33 + F2 Get: Dawson + 39 + future 3rd

Think including their Future 2nd would be a sticking point for Adelaide.

Can see a swap of 33 and 39 taking place and from there with Melbourne's Future 1st you can build a workable trade. Maybe something like:

Swans Give: Dawson, Pick 39 and Pick 70
Crows Give: Pick 33, Melbourne Future 1st (Pick 18) and their future 3rd (Pick 40)

Based on this years ladder positions would rate Dawson at Pick 9, would fix us in with picks 12, 31 and 33 for the draft this year and two picks towards 2022 as well as capital to trade for Ladhams.

Capture.PNG

Dunno what it is or what factors are at play but we cant seem to get decent returns for our players.

JORDAN CLARK who the cats dont even play will get Geelong either pick 19 or 22

Shrugs.

He is contracted. Makes all the difference. Like the Papley situation with Carlton - you can demand whatever you want. An uncontracted player though you essentially don’t have ownership anymore - the only play a club has is to make it hard and uncomfortable to get to where they wish to go

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why isn’t the trade value linked to the contract offer? Just like the compensation pick is. This shouldn’t be arbitrary.

Want to pay someone > $3m over 5 years? Then that’s at least x trade points.

Not a bad call. At least sets expectations on a trade value that’s consistent for all

Does reduce the value of having good list managers against average ones though if it’s preset

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It might take until Wednesday but ultimately we will accept Melbourne's future 1st over getting nothing and unfortunately Adelaide knows it.
When have Sydney ever prolonged the inevitable when it comes to trades? If Melbourne's first/17 is the best we could do then we would've accepted it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When have Sydney ever prolonged the inevitable when it comes to trades? If Melbourne's first/17 is the best we could do then we would've accepted it

Beatson isn't stupid he has been doing this long enough to know when to call a bluff or not, he wont take nothing for Dawson come Wednesday evening if Adelaide haven't caved in by then.

Beatson has seen every negotiating tactic available so he must think we are a chance of getting something better by now both parties are sick of each other and want to move on.

Fact is we dont wanna lose him our whole gameplan is based on Dawson skill set its a massive blow to take into 2022 without some sort of decent compensation.

That is terrible terrible logic.

Swans should have 6*.

Logan shoukdve got onefor his 3 goal game and Errol couldve moved his nom to another.

Amartey shouldve gotren one but he was too tall. Not as tall as Cripps. But still. Also too old for a nom so there goes that.

Asides, really want that Dawson newspaper article still if you have it.
Towers should have got one too. But this year he didn't play. Oh well, dems da breaks

I don't really understand why they hold pick 4 so highly. It doesn't guarantee them a gun and they would have to develop said player until they get solid output of which could take numerous years OR take Dawson and get everything they want from day 1. Swans are the ones paying a high price not the Crows
Well, it is obvious now. It was for North's pick 1. But they ****ed that up. Bye bye Dorko. Have fun at North because you are going to them if Adelaide do not relinquish pick 4 now.

very true mate. i do know reid, crows footy GM, is a very hard b@stard just like his old man was. its going to be fascinating to see how this finishes up but imho the crows pick swaps today actually make a trade deal HARDER to achieve. if crows are leaking all these updates through mouthpiece Theo, I just wonder if they are trying to control the narrative and build up a case that 'we tried to get multiple deals done but were constantly rejected' and may lead down a path swans fans clearly dont want (PSD). just speculating obviously but time will tell.

anyway, good luck in 2022 guys :)

coming from a crows fan who lived in SYD in mid 90's and was a swans member for a couplf of yrs, at the amazing 96 prelim, ran onto the ground when plugger broke the record (or kicked a 100 - cant remember which) AND actually went to the 96 GF hoping for a swannies win
Good luck to you guys too. I hope you get him. But for a fair deal.

Not without punishment.

We are giving posters a chance to engage. We support debate & allowing opposing views. Only when done respectfully & bearing in mind where they are posting.

If they wish to push it too far then we will take action.

If you or anyone sees anything they believe is trolling or inflamatory then please do not engage but rather utilise the report function so we can deal with it.

No point whinging the mods aren't doing anything when we have no idea (hint: we aren't on here 24/7 nor do we each read every single post live as it occurs)

Thanks crew.

Gtg & the mods.
Don't worry. I'm your moral compass. And when I tell them to * off, just ban them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back