Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on you, I think the majority who are behind Rachs carry on would object to DBJ doing it.

Rach discussed it on his weekly 5aa piece yesterday, where else is it being discussed besides here? We have no say on the clubs problems and anyhow there’s about 10 threads covering those issues.

Cornes was banging on about it on the weekend and Campo made a point about it this week as well. Also the fact that Rachele came out and felt he needed to say something about it indicates to me that someone at the club ha said something to him.

Like I said before if we are not passing to team mates because we are worried about there basic footy skills then something is very wrong with our team.
Agreed.

Not passing to someone because they are bad is school boy stuff.
Agreed. But that's where our selection policy has landed us. At a point where players can not trust certain team mates to deliver a base level of competence.

I reiterate that McHenry is awful but I think he should be able to pull off a handball receive and make his way to the goal.
Agreed. McHenry should be able to pull it off. However less than 1 week earlier he proved it not to be the case.

I don’t think any player in Collingwood would burn there teammates like that
Agreed. Ned wouldn't be getting a game at Collingwood.

2029 is a long way away. My advice to him would be focus on becoming an elite player instead of thinking you already are one when you clearly aren't.

2029 is a long way away. My advice to him would be focus on becoming an elite player instead of thinking you already are one when you clearly aren't.
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

Celebrating or having a certain hair cut has zero impact on your ability to perform. It doesn't 'take focus away' from learning to get better at least not in today's professional environment.

I do hate cocky-ness though and it should really be reserved for people who can consistently back it up. Like heck yeah I'm good look at me, but actually being really good.

I think he should tone it down a bit (still celebrate) until he's realised his talent, which isn't close yet imo.

Cornes was banging on about it on the weekend and Campo made a point about it this week as well. Also the fact that Rachele came out and felt he needed to say something about it indicates to me that someone at the club ha said something to him.

I think Cornes and Campo should be focusing more on our sh!t clown of a coach and footy department and leave the kids alone.
It's all on the players at the moment with that circus of a footy Dept getting way too little attention in the media for my liking.

I think Cornes and Campo should be focusing more on our sh!t clown of a coach and footy department and leave the kids alone.
It's all on the players at the moment with that circus of a footy Dept getting way too little attention in the media for my liking.
It's not a surprise both were former coaches, as they are a lot more critical of players than actually questioning anyone in the coaching department.

It's the conundrum ....play kids, tolerate the errors, lose games ......but no, we can't lose games ....who do we blame, we need to play more kids, who will make more mistakes

Anyone who thinks this is not a truism, has not really followed footy ......young players lose you more games, than experienced players ......why else do Coaches say "we need to pump games into these kids"

It's because kids are not consistent .....but nor are 30/31 YO's ....who become less consistent on the downhill slide

But this is all changing the topic ......Rachele jumping at shadows cannot be excused

Experience doesn’t make our players better

The most talented young guys we bring in start better than they perform 3 years later

Campo on 5AA before was having another pot at him for the celebrations ffs.... Said he 'didn't like the shush against the Carlton crowd'....

It's literally the least of my concerns tbh, if Rachele wants to rev the team up and particularly the supporters of the opposition no issues from me.
Tackling the big issues… Smiths form, Lairds poor disposal, Jones being a major disappointment and Ned’s overall uselessness aren’t the problem it’s Racheles celebrations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot said about Rachele lately and 95% of it is unfair. He’s been playing really well, he’s just stuck in a role where he’s never going to have prolific numbers and people blame him for that for some reason.

He’s had some bad moments late in games but he will learn. I liken it to Kobe Bryant early in his career. You can see he really badly wants to be the guy with ball in hand in the big moments, he’s just failing to execute at the moment. He will get there.

We want players that embrace the moment, that want to be the ones to put their team on their back and believe in themselves. Rachele does all of that. To cut him down because you think a celebration is a bit over the top is ridiculous.

A lot said about Rachele lately and 95% of it is unfair. He’s been playing really well, he’s just stuck in a role where he’s never going to have prolific numbers and people blame him for that for some reason.

He’s had some bad moments late in games but he will learn. I liken it to Kobe Bryant early in his career. You can see he really badly wants to be the guy with ball in hand in the big moments, he’s just failing to execute at the moment. He will get there.

We want players that embrace the moment, that want to be the ones to put their team on their back and believe in themselves. Rachele does all of that. To cut him down because you think a celebration is a bit over the top is ridiculous.
If Rash squibbing against the Bombers is the equivalent of Kobe airballing against the Jazz, we’ll be more than okay haha

The only useful purpose Camporeale serves is as anathema to the treatment of young players. Why anyone would risk losing wrinkles on their brain listening to him is a mystery to me.
The fact it took a club review to punt him is a mystery

If Rash squibbing against the Bombers is the equivalent of Kobe airballing against the Jazz, we’ll be more than okay haha

That’s that what I said.

The issues I was referring to is more so how when he gets the ball in late game situations at the moment he seems to be trying to do it all himself, rather than playing the percentages.

The only useful purpose Camporeale serves is as anathema to the treatment of young players. Why anyone would risk losing wrinkles on their brain listening to him is a mystery to me.
Before the game on Saturday Campo was talking about Pedlar and how the club had misused him

Was pretty scathing about his lack of midfield time

Said that young players might not be capable of playing full games in the middle but that you can give them a taste and spread the available minutes over more players

Also that they'd likely give Laird more minutes vs NM from the coach's comments which would be largely meaningless.

Spoke about how the half forward flank role can be a bit of a graveyard and Rowey chimed in with how much Jimmy had struggled with it at times

Was the opposite of what I thought his view would be and made me wonder who was calling the shots under Pyke

Last edited:
Let me say again, I am 💯 behind Rash

All of it. Without qualifications
Me too.. he will develop into a very good player if not elite if we can get some good development coaches around him.. I think it's a fair assessment of the young man on the lack of courage he displayed, however we shouldn't judge him to harshly unless we observe it becoming a regular thing, we've all made snap decisions in the heat of tge moment that we wish we could do better, hopefully the fans will give him a chance to redeem himself. 😊🙏

Before the game on Saturday Campo was talking about Pedlar and how the club had misused him

Was pretty scathing about his lack of midfield time

Said that young players might not he capable of playing full games in the middle but that you can give them a taste and spread the available minutes over more players

Also that they'd likely give Laird more minutes vs NM from the coach's comments which would be largely meaningless.

Spoke about how the half forward flank role can be a bit of a graveyard and Rowey chimed in with how much Jimmy had struggled with it at times

Was the opposite of what I thought his view would be and made me wonder who was calling the shots under Pyke
Campo’s comments have always seemed in stark contrast to what we’ve seen when he was at the club.

Yet we still have people calling talkback radio and saying that Rachele is still too selfish, doesn't get his teammates involved etc. WTF are these people seeing? People wonder why we have very few personalities in the game... Just look at some of the comments to that post too, heck me.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back