Justin Leppitsch Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

Lions need stability so they need to stop sacking coaches, but Leppitsch wasn't the one that could help the club recover.

MUST appoint a non lions person to replace him.

Please be next Buckley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greg Swann likes wasting money & getting paid well for doing it.

Sacked & paid out Ratten to sign Malthouse.

Extended Leppa's contract a year to avoid speculation, then sacked him with a year on his contract after a year of speculation.

Need a club turned into a basket case? Then sign this man. He's got a proven track record.

Well, the AFL appointed him. FWIW, I agree with you, but given his record, the question must surely be asked...why?

Less than 24 hours after the game yesterday. Then again, I doubt anyone is surprised.

I do feel kind of sorry for Leppa, although there was no chance that this wasn't going to happen - but I mean, really? A phone call?

Sinking to new depths by phoning him instead of face to face it's all class at brisvegas... They are a rabble they should just fold!

Last thing they need right now is another untried coach. Go for Rats or if not someone who can be a Paul Roos type until they find and groom a Goodwin type. Whatever they do they have to do it probably. Get rid of the board, you don't want them to be the ones to decide the new coach. If you told them to choose between a strawberry or chocolate ice cream they'd say strawberry and walk away with chocolate.

Roos says he's definitely going to the US after this season - He'll get mentioned a million times

Bomber has ruled it out several times - He'll get mentioned a million times

Ratten says he's not leaving Victoria after the death of his son - He'll get mentioned a million times.

Was Leppa really that bad or is it just the circumstances that have led to another ordinary year?

I kinda feel like Brisbane should have honoured his contract. It's almost like he's done the hard work, played lots of youngsters, etc, and now he gets dumped, and chances are that next year is the one where they start heading in the right direction.

Wonder how the players feel about it all...

Last thing they need right now is another untried coach. Go for Rats or if not someone who can be a Paul Roos type until they find and groom a Goodwin type. Whatever they do they have to do it probably. Get rid of the board, you don't want them to be the ones to decide the new coach. If you told them to choose between a strawberry or chocolate ice cream they'd say strawberry and walk away with chocolate.

I doubt we have any choice in the matter JD - experienced coaches don't exactly seem to be lining up to apply. I firmly believe we'll have another newbie in the hot seat and the next 2-3 years will be much like this year....although maybe we won't let the Pies out to 61-0 in the second quarter again.

We think Justin gave a great presentation for direction of our club, we understand that we dropped him into a situation where he was without all the best young talent after Voss' era of trading out, then all the other mature bodies got injured but we have to be seen to do something and the easiest thing we can do to buy time is to fire the coach and sign a new one for three to four years.

All the experienced coaches have already ruled themselves out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back