Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

they don't seem to be quick to drop players, unless they have injuries etc

I guess the coaches still see Freo as dveloping and rebuilding, whilst supporters are hungry for results

The plan was for a flag by 2025. We should be aiming for top 4 this year, but I am still seeing the same scared boys screwing around in the forward line.

It's time the team got a bit more ruthless when it comes to going inside 50.

The plan was for a flag by 2025. We should be aiming for top 4 this year, but I am still seeing the same scared boys screwing around in the forward line.

The plan was for 2 flags by 2025!

Picks will take years to develop. Even some immediate hits like Pickett and Weightman aren’t amazing in their first year. It just sets the rebuild back further.

Teams often buy small forwards, Port - Rioli, Geelong - Stengle, Collingwood - I.Hill, Schultz, GWS - Bedford, Carlton - J.Martin, Adelaide - Rankine, Brisbane - McCarthy.

Some teams haven’t like Gold Coast and Sydney, but no surprise these have some of the most fruitful academies in the afl.

Sometimes drafting them can be hit and miss, top 5 pick “the wizard” hasn’t really hit his straps at the Hawks, though I guess had a reasonable game on the weekend. There are many small forward busts. Look at the traded players, many were years into their career with patchy form. Even some of the trades are bust.

Personally I’d chase Coniglio, maybe JOM can leverage one good thing. Him replacing Switta would be a god send. Baker and Zurhaar the other two. I’d draft a goal sneak and cross my fingers.
Baker and Zuurhaar would be perfect
Good call 👍

It’s why we need an offensive coach to work with the mid/forward connection.
To overseer the forward midfield coaches.
An outside point of view and preferably someone who has experience.
Stevie Johnson ?

Squiggle has us at 10th after H & A.
Tend to agree, we are a middling club who is underperforming with the talent on the list

Attachments

• IMG_3429.png
    IMG_3429.png
    592.2 KB · Views: 37
Squiggle has us at 10th after H & A.
Tend to agree, we are a middling club who is underperforming with the talent on the list

It’s interesting to crystal ball. Obviously a long way to go, but if I had to bet I reckon Collingwood and Carlton move into the top 4 and Geelong and Melbourne drop out. I think that’s highly likely the top 6 irrespective of how they order in the end so realistically it’s probably only Port that looks vulnerable in the current top 8. Still seems possible that we could take 8th spot and get some finals experience into the kids. But there’s no more room for dropping winnable games.

It’s interesting to crystal ball. Obviously a long way to go, but if I had to bet I reckon Collingwood and Carlton move into the top 4 and Geelong and Melbourne drop out. I think that’s highly likely the top 6 irrespective of how they order in the end so realistically it’s probably only Port that looks vulnerable in the current top 8. Still seems possible that we could take 8th spot and get some finals experience into the kids. But there’s no more room for dropping winnable games.
It's possible but we've got to actually win a game against a top 8 team first before anyone will believe.
Currently we haven't beaten a team higher than 11th.
Of our remaining 14 games, eight are against top 8 teams and six against the rest. Even if we win all those six we're pushing it uphill, probably need to win minimum two of the games against the top 8.
Ironically possibly our best chance of a proper scalp is the premiers at Optus in two weeks time - they're pretty banged up injury wise at the moment are the pies.
But lose this week and it's irrelevant anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t write the year off by any means. A week ago everyone was talking up our profile - and we were never certainties to beat Sydney to begin with . A little run of successive wins can change everything, including the squiggle.

I wouldn’t write the year off by any means. A week ago everyone was talking up our profile - and we were never certainties to beat Sydney to begin with . A little run of successive wins can change everything, including the squiggle.
I won't be writing it off if we beat the saints. If we lose I can't see it

I don’t think we ever had much chance of winning that game against Sydney. Realistically they are a significantly better team than us in a different age demographic.

But in terms of this season, have a look at the fixtures, realistically where do you see this little run of wins coming?

Friday nights game was definitely not coached very well loosing the battle but very little changes.
Amiss started his career staying in the goal square and leading from there, he once was a very good leading player. Now he is on the wing trying to mark the ball against two opposition players. We have to keep our structure dont get sucked into clogging up the wings.
Defenders allowed the small pass into the back pocket, the better teams don't allow any easy kicks, man up and dont allow any small kicks this makes the defender to kick it to a contest.
These are the 2 questions i would ask Justin if i ever got a chance. Please open up the game, let our young guys run the ball & allow our forwards to run into space. The number of times the whole team was in 1/4 of the field was ridiculous.

Friday nights game was definitely not coached very well loosing the battle but very little changes.
Amiss started his career staying in the goal square and leading from there, he once was a very good leading player. Now he is on the wing trying to mark the ball against two opposition players. We have to keep our structure dont get sucked into clogging up the wings.
Defenders allowed the small pass into the back pocket, the better teams don't allow any easy kicks, man up and dont allow any small kicks this makes the defender to kick it to a contest.
These are the 2 questions i would ask Justin if i ever got a chance. Please open up the game, let our young guys run the ball & allow our forwards to run into space. The number of times the whole team was in 1/4 of the field was ridiculous.
Think your using your wrong profile.

Would a flag by 2026 be OK...?

LOL. Multiple account check please mods!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back