Traded Lachie Neale [traded with #30 to Brisbane for #6, #19 and #55]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. That's what has been making the rounds.

Will happen, one way or the other. One thing is for sure, we aren't going to publish an article about Neale on our website before he is poached elsewhere. :oops:

If the rumours are true then I agree a deal will get done, but after the Brad Hill stuff will be waiting for a statement from the man himself or his agent

You seriously believe that he contacted Brisbane first out of the blue? Out of allllll the clubs in the AFL as a South Australian with a Western Australian partner he decided he is going to hit up a 5 win Brisbane out of nowhere??
Again, one of those 5 wins was against u clowns at ur home deck, and u got spanked

Again one of those 5 wins was against u clowns at ur home deck, and u got spanked
If the results mattered then the last three years have seen Freo win more games than Brisbane by a larger number than Brisbane have won games in a single year.

But it doesn't matter. I hope Lachie signs for six years wherever he ends up, sets himself up for the rest of his career and life.

If the results mattered then the last three years have seen Freo win more games than Brisbane by a larger number than Brisbane have won games in a single year.

But it doesn't matter. I hope Lachie signs for six years wherever he ends up, sets himself up for the rest of his career and life.
I only care about latest results not 3 years ago

Once you guys delist murphy ( belly flops every time someone goes near him)
Yes I cringe at Murphy sometimes but on a % basis he does it **** all compared to young rhys who I have never once seen go near the football without playing for a free kick.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I cringe at Murphy sometimes but on a % basis he does it **** all comepared to young rhys who I have never once seen go near the football without playing for a free kick.

Jeez either you watch our players really really intently or you dont watch us much at all. That statement is either an over exaggerated generalization of a player or an ignorant declaration of perceived events.

Yeah ok so it’s cos they’re the only ones that have approached him...

Thought there might have been some random family reason etc despite being from SA
My understanding is that when Neal was last coming off contract, the Lions persued him and he turned them down.
The Lions kept in contact, and this year his management informed the Lions he wanted to play for them next year.

When the Brad Hill rumor that he wanted to join the Lions broke.... Hill came out very quickly to squash the rumor. I barely got an afternoon of excitement.

Dead silence from Neale.

This combined with the fact that Greg Swann and Fagen have made a number of statements from mid season onwards that suggested they have a big fish well and truly on the hook.

Most Lions supporters have been waiting for the A grade player's name to be announced.... Then the Neale story broke.

The position Swann and Fagen put themselves in with their comments wouldn't of happened without them having something over the line.

If Freo squashes a deal and then have another badly coached season in 2019. Lachie may just walk on RFA next year for pittance

Yes I cringe at Murphy sometimes but on a % basis he does it **** all comepared to young rhys who I have never once seen go near the football without playing for a free kick.
U deserve a good shotgun from the beast for that comment! U need to watch more lions games.

Obviously losing good players hurts but if you don't think leadership and experience matter you haven't been paying attention to Carlton and Melbourne for the past decade and the Qld teams recently. Neale is in the leadership group and also Wheadon's respected Next Coach Program if he leaves and Mundy and Sandi finish up next year who does that leave as leaders? Fyfe and Walters,? who will set the standards at training and on game day?

It will be the players that are currently doing it, on and off the field, like Alex Pearce, Connor Blakely, Joel Hamling, Nathan Wilson, Matthew Taberner and Stephen and Brad Hill.

Come 2020 it will be his ability on the playing field that will be missed the most!

Lachie is just one man...

If it was only based on talent alone and who had the most gun players GWS should be going for their 3 peat this year...

This is a ridiculous statement. However, 2 prelims in a row and embarking on another finals series with possibly the worst injury run of any team over the past 3 years isnt that bad!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back