Traded Lachie Neale [traded with #30 to Brisbane for #6, #19 and #55]

Remove this Banner Ad

Come off it mate. The whole interview is basically him saying everything is untrue and he's very comfortable Neale will be at the club beyond 2019. Sounded pretty serious to me.
Did you listen to the audio or just read it? The audio sounded very tongue-in-cheek about them going for a romantic holiday. To our ears anyway. We didn't take it seriously.

We flat out told them, top 5 pick or go home. They tried to break pick 2 down to multiple firsts and seconds and we said no

So they tried to turn pick 2 into 2 first rounders and offer Freo one of them?

I meant in the magnitude of the overs, if a trade gets done it'll be 4 plus.... but its not going to be 2 first round picks plus a player or anything of the like, If its needed I reckon the clubs will get it done without too much stuffing about.

Think this is the view of most rational fans. Two first round picks is pie in the sky stuff. 4 + 22 will get it done. Perhaps our 2019 third rounder as a sweetener.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok then, well the guy above posted a foxsports article. What are you trying to prove anyway?

Just that it was a different situation because Weller was worth somewhere between their first and second. So while Freo got the pick they wanted if the Suns best pick was around 10 then maybe they wouldve accepted that.

Not to mention how desperate the Suns were

Just that it was a different situation because Weller was worth somewhere between their first and second. So while Freo got the pick they wanted if the Suns best pick was around 10 then maybe they wouldve accepted that.

Not to mention how desperate the Suns were
It wont be that level overs if it happens. GC handled that situation horrificly.

It would def be overs though and probs more than many of you would be comfortable with.

It wont be that level overs if it happens. GC handled that situation horrificly.

It would def be overs though and probs more than many of you would be comfortable with.

Most are pretty comfortable with a first and a second, our 2 first rounders this year and next won't happen. We'll wait and see if you guys can get someone from our club interested in joining Freo.

If it happens I don't think it'll be complicated but might involve another clubs pick or picks.

Come off it mate. The whole interview is basically him saying everything is untrue and he's very comfortable Neale will be at the club beyond 2019. Didn't sound like he was joking around to me.
Everything coming out of Freo HQ will be that Neale is required, expected to stay, happy where he is etc. etc. Anything but that will weaken our position when the rubber hits the road come trade time.
Rosich isn't joking or being niave, he's talking like a politician.
My opinion is that Freo will come out of this with your 1st rounder this year and next. Other things may come back your way but that will form the base of the trade.
This isn't a trade for compassionate reasons so an amicable deal won't be done.
Neale will inform us he wants a trade. Freo will tell Brisbane what they want to make it happen and then stare blankly across the table until Brisbane agrees or the trade time runs out.

If Neale is keen to go, I wonder why Brisbane? (Not a dig at the club or city)

If he is looking for a Fyfe style pay day, North and St Kilda both thought to be throwing big money for an A grade mid, North probably closer to finals than Brisbane.

Does he have any connection to Fagan or anyone at the club?

If he is looking for a Fyfe style pay day, North and St Kilda both thought to be throwing big money for an A grade mid, North probably closer to finals than Brisbane.

This is my thought about the whole thing, and don’t know if it says anything about the dockers or not? Not a queenslander, missus is from Perth, Queensland the furtherest state away from being a proper football state, Dockers (atleast on paper) have a better list and most likely a better future if they draft well. Gotta be a culture thing at Dockers, only thing I could put it to. That or Lachie likes tropical weather and wants to be as far away from the spotlight as possible. That’s already happening in WA while he is the dockers but ;). For real though, I don’t get why he wants to be in Brisbane.

Believe it or not QLD has tremendous growth from interstate migration.

QLD is a bloody nice place to live, and a much larger city. It will also have more anonymity for a young family/kids.

Freo is gorgeous... but a small coastal town by comparison. It's not hard to believe a young couple have plans/dreams to get to a bigger city with more privacy.

I don't believe for a second Noble would have randomly selected Neale to poach. A contracted player from SA playing in WA.
On paper it is way too unlikely.

I am positive that this has come from the Neale camp.

Noble and Fagan play a very straight bat and wouldn't want to set a precedent that "contracts don't matter" with "go home" being a contant vulnerability of the Lions.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back