Analysis Let's be positive - what's better this year than the last?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's more like having a son who did well in school most of last year but then crumbled and bombed under the pressure of exams

He's going well now but exams are looming

The son also crumbles under the pressure of the smaller mid-semester tests but doesn't study and focus on areas they struggled with

Has the option to get better teachers and hire tutors but doesn't.

Is still trying just as hard as any other fellow examinees and testees? (testes!)
Doing really well in the smaller tests, occasionally does a flop in a couple of the big test (subject titled "how to avoid complacency"). But so far the scores are there to make it likely the Final exams are going to be done somewhat better this year. Only time will tell if the BIG exam will be passed or not.

Is still trying just as hard as any other fellow examinees and testees? (testes!)
Doing really well in the smaller tests, occasionally does a flop in a couple of the big test (subject titled "how to avoid complacency"). But so far the scores are there to make it likely the Final exams are going to be done somewhat better this year. Only time will tell if the BIG exam will be passed or not.
The kids been trying to pass year 12 since 1999.

This should probably be titled "Let's be positive...or creative...or metaphorical" thread. lol

I'm going to make it a personal mission of mine that I will post anything positive over the last 12 months on this thread. Obviously it has to be a persisting positive, rather than a sporadic game here and there. People can play along...or not...watever. :)

Here's 2 more positives this year when compared to the last:
1. Midfield is much quicker. I haven't checked the tackle stats but I'm guessing by chasing quicker, we are getting more to the tackles. Probably as a result of speedier midfield, we are able to slow teams down a bit more too.
2. Our second quarters are the best in the league this year. Don't think we have been beaten in 2nd quarters yet. Now if we can bloody figure out how we're winning the second quarter, and play like this for a whole game!

The son is just an idiot.

Well I like this thread. As far as I can see, we're only a bit of smartening up in the coaches box away from a premiership. That's not to say there's not a lot of areas we could improve, but in most areas we're level pegging with the other top clubs or while we might be below par in some areas, we make up for it in other areas.

There have been a lot of improvements in the last 3 years, can't be stuffed listing them all at the mo but might do later.

Welcome aboard.

I don't know why you're saying I'm speaking s**t. I'm not referring to any specific fan, just the overall context in negativity. Please read the whole topic in context, there seems to be more negativity than positivity from reading the threads in recent past. And particularly for a team who's sitting in top position. Or am I really just talking s**t?

Obvious troll is obvious

We've moved on past Thommo. That's the biggest positive of this year. The jury remains out on the guys replacing him, but at least we've given opportunities to others.

We've moved on past Thommo. That's the biggest positive of this year. The jury remains out on the guys replacing him, but at least we've given opportunities to others.
Thommo is obviously not going to be selected again. With all due respect to the champ, that's good.
But thommo was retained on the list. That's bad. (And dumb)
Organic growth has had some success. That's good.
But we sat on our hands during trade week, and are worse off as a result. That's bad.
The club is giving out free frogurt before home games. That's good.
The toppings contains Potassium Benzoate. That's bad.

So often for every good initiative, there's a head scratching, bone headed move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thommo is obviously not going to be selected again. With all due respect to the champ, that's good.
But we sat on our hands during trade week, and are worse off as a result. That's bad.

So often for every good initiative, there's a head scratching, bone headed move.
As a playing coach Thommo worked with Sloane last week to get rid of the tag. Not so dumb.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I still think Thommo is insurance for Matt Crouch.

Reckon he will play if M Crouch is injured or needs to be rested.

This is MCrouch's first full year of games and high TOG%. I think Thommo may have a role in the back end of the season.

But the pleasing thing is Thommo has not been rushed in after the past two weeks. The media suggested this and ran with it after seeing how a bit of physicality has affected us. But we were not that predictable and seems the club sees that bringing Thommo in for such a reason is a backward step.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What is with the pathological need of some supporters to deny the existence of our defeats?

There's no mystery to be investigated. It's entirely obvious why fans have become sceptical of our premiership credentials. Back to back thrashings from teams that arent on the top tier, which comprised two of the last three weeks. This week being a win against the sure thing wooden spooners where we still struggled for a quarter. It wasnt exactly confidence restoring.

What is with the pathological need of some supporters to deny the existence of our defeats?

There's no mystery to be investigated. It's entirely obvious why fans have become sceptical of our premiership credentials. Back to back thrashings from teams that arent on the top tier, which comprised two of the last three weeks. This week being a win against the sure thing wooden spooners where we still struggled for a quarter. It wasnt exactly confidence restoring.
I personally look forward to seeing if we learnt anything from those defeats.

Next two weeks we will see if we are a genuine flag contender or our probable top four finish is just a mirage.

The wins against GWS, Hawthorn and Port are positives in that we were challenged and won. Two years ago we would have lost that Showdown in the Final quarter.

Now we have to beat a system that actively shuts down our biggest weapon. Quick attacking ball movement into space.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We finally have an injury list to test this organic growth- good
We don't know what these injuries are or how long they will last-bad

It's more like having a son who did well in school most of last year but then crumbled and bombed under the pressure of exams

He's going well now but exams are looming

It's more like this:

Your son's in his mid 20's and still living at home. He deferred uni, and said it was because he was going to work first instead to get experience, but he's currently out of work. You're not sure that he's actually looking for work. Sure, he goes to an interview every now and then but always seems to bomb them.

You're not sure that this isnt partially your fault. You pay him a pretty good allowance, and he seems to be taking advantage of it. You deep down want to cut him off and show him some tough love, but he's still your son and you love him, so you delude yourself into thinking that he'll nail the next interview, even though his room smells like stale beer and weed smoke. If you're being honest with yourself you know that he'll be a burden to you for the rest of your life.

Meanwhile the child's ******* grand parents who only see him at family functions still think he's the angel that he was when younger, and keep making infuriating statements about how you're too hard on him. You and your partner wish that they'd just shut up already and stop making it plain they've got no clue. You try telling them that they're just making the problem worse, but to no avail: they refuse to accept that a problem even exists in the first place and get offended at you for even suggesting it.

He was selected in the leadership group which makes me think if he wasn't injured he would've been playing round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back