Levi Casboult or Tyrone Vickery

Who would you have?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tyrones talent with Levis hands and Levis non douchebag attitude.

Id go with Vickery, hes been abit of a spearhead this season and id imagine hes averaging about 2 goals a game, which is good from a second forward. Still has plenty of flaws, but i think he is unfairly labeled a spud based souly on his bad attitude.

I love Casboults marking, hes a handy 3rd tall/CHF type role player.

How on earth is Casboult winning this poll, especially by so much?
I'm the first to say Ty hasn't delivered enough for his ability level, but he still has bloody Casbouly covered and will continue to.

How on earth is Casboult winning this poll, especially by so much?
I'm the first to say Ty hasn't delivered enough for his ability level, but he still has bloody Casbouly covered and will continue to.

This is how:
Casboult doesn't carry on like a f/wit. Casboult easy for this reason alone.

People don't like Tyrone so they vote for the other guy. Same thing happens with Jack.

A better comparison would be Casbault vs Griffiths. Both have shown glimpses but are too inconsistent to be considered quality players atm. Tyrone is a level above at the moment.

Haha Casboult is an awful, awful player!

One of the worst football players in the league, doesn't even come close to Vickery, who is hardly an A-grade player either.

If it's a pole between Casboult and a Richmond player, it shouldn't even be Griffiths, it should be Casboult Vs. Elton or something.

That's how bad Casboult truly is! XD

Another 6 possessions and no goals this week. That's 1 goal in his last 5 weeks and an average of 7.2 possessions. But he took 3 contested marks so I guess he justifies his spot in the side right?

I agree his form hasn't been the best over that period, but looking at his stats alone doesn't really capture his contribution last night. Was a key in Carlton clearing the ball from defense plenty of times last night by providing a target to kick to and bringing to the ball down to the runners. Of course you'd like to see him doing more, but it's a folly to ignore what the stats don't capture.

Vickery is ordinary but occasionally can do pretty good things - he's at least a player you can recognise as structurally important and able to play some important roles in the team. Casboult very ordinary - can he do anything besides take the odd mark? A true one trick pony in the real sense of the term.

Vickery wins this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course Vickery is going to have more goals. He plays FF whereas Casboult plays 3rd tall forward/resting ruck. And when he is forward he mostly plays up the ground providing a target.

I'm going to choose Casboult for 3 reasons.
1. Has more impact and influences the game more than Vickery. This may not be through possessions but provides a great 'get-out' kick and lead up option. Also takes pressure of Henderson and Waite.
2. Vickery is a ******.
3. I go for Carlton.

The thing about Casboult is, he always at worst manages to half the contest. He gets hands to the ball in most contests - for whatever reason, he's just taken to dropping them rather than clunking them like he was earlier in the season. He's probably the best bail out kick in the team because of his ability to at worst bring the ball to ground, even when out of position.

It's line ball, Casboult just, because I think I could trade him for somewhere around pick 30 on a good day, Vickery would go for about 40.
Vickers would bring way more at the trade table...

Of course Vickery is going to have more goals. He plays FF whereas Casboult plays 3rd tall forward/resting ruck. And when he is forward he mostly plays up the ground providing a target.

Casboult averages a grand total of 6.89 hitouts per game this year, and averages less hitouts per game than Vickery over their careers. As a resting ruck, he's a pretty poor one. As a third tall, he's still fairly bad.

I'm going to choose Casboult for 3 reasons.
1. Has more impact and influences the game more than Vickery. This may not be through possessions but provides a great 'get-out' kick and lead up option. Also takes pressure of Henderson and Waite.

Casboult takes more marks, Vickery kicks more goals. Vickery is more talented for mine.

Vickery is like Jack Watts for me, has all the attributes but lacks the hunger for the contest. He will have the odd very good game mixed in with a lot of ordinary.

Casboult is like Stewie Loewe. Powerful and hungry with an ordinary kick. He has come on in leaps and bounds but there will come a time where his kicking will go completely off and it will kill his whole game. Like Stewie Loewe, they need to work, work, work on a set shot routine that works and he is comfortable with and then it's up to him to stay consistent with it no matter what. Loewe remained a pretty ordinary kick but got his set shot routine to the point where it was pretty reliable. I remember when he first started with it and people would laugh at him making a mark in the turn before having a set shot.

So at this pont, Casboult for me with some concerns.

Is this the same Stewart Loewe who took 166 marks as a teenager in his second year? And had kicked 50 goals in a season by the age of 24? There's a rough comparison there but it's very rough and is about as accurate as comparing Vickery to Paul Salmon. Let's not forget that Loewe nearly kicked 600 goals in his career.

Back