Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Got a feeling our next year's picks may come into play, Tassie are coming soon
Risky. Yeo and McGovern are still crucial to Eagles success each week and are both extremely injury prone. TK will be into his 30s. I wouldn't be trading a future 1st if I was Eagles. F2 maybe.

No it's not. And even if it was it'd be the wrong decision by them IMO. Eagles need to hit the draft (arguably) harder than anyone. If they give away their 2nd pick they'll only have 1 decent pick in the whole draft. That would be a mistake and I can't see Matt Clarke doing it.
They could split their first round pick AND trade an early second for Baker.

Gives them multiple bites at the cherry and still get Baker.

(Not saying they will or 'should'....but the option is there if they want to offer 2nd for Baker but also maximise new draft talent)

They could split their first round pick AND trade an early second for Baker.

Gives them multiple bites at the cherry and still get Baker.

(Not saying they will or 'should'....but the option is there if they want to offer 2nd for Baker but also maximise new draft talent)
That is true. But they'd have to give up one of the 1sts they received for Baker. That'd still only leave them with say a mid 1st and early 2nd for the draft at best.

Fair enough.

West Coast will regret it in a couple of years if they involve their first pick this year or next in any deal for Baker.
I don't think they'll involve their first picks , recon they may try to pack 2nds or just offer a 2nd knowing it'll probably get knocked back.
I wouldn't mind them pushing a bit to make Freo pay more😂

Eagles don't have 'other picks'. After their 2nd round they only have pick 60. The only way they're landing Baker and still getting a couple more picks in the draft is by splitting their 1st pick.

Baker to Eagles does not make sense this year. If he was a free agent he'd have been perfect for them.
Really? I did not realise that. I was thinking perhaps a future third with perhaps something going back, but if they're missing a third this year you're probably right and I can't see them splitting that first.

Don’t be the PSD Guy.

That won’t happen. Everyone knows it and it just serves to rile up the more gullible supporters of the club likely to lose a player.
Jack Martin and Jackson Hatley are recent players who have gone done this route. Clubs wanted first round picks for them, the other team offered 2nds so off they went to the PSD.

Not saying it will happen but I can and has. Eagles are very fair traders and the relationship of Clark and Tigers is an another reason it won’t but there is a price and the Tigers don’t hold all the cards. (If Baker chooses to leave and nominates a club)

Jack Martin and Jackson Hatley are recent players who have gone done this route. Clubs wanted first round picks for them, the other team offered 2nds so off they went to the PSD.

Not saying it will happen but I can and has. Eagles are very fair traders and the relationship of Clark and Tigers is an another reason it won’t but there is a price and the Tigers don’t hold all the cards. (If Baker chooses to leave and nominates a club)
You said it would happen in your previous post.

Jackson Hately is not a good example.
He really owed GWS nothing.

No way would Baker shaft Richmond by going the PSD route.

The PSD just won't happen with Baker.

Snuffaluphagus is one of the rare, objective posters on this board. You're alright too....
Objectivity has no place on these forums …… Objection however is much more common place

Funny thing the English language

But I digress

Sweating on Baker till November is going to drive me insane
He’s literally one of my favourite players, to have him in our team would be 🌈

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah if the Eagles think they offer fair value and Richmond still reject it…..

And that was said about Martin, Nick Stevens and Hately. While others have said they will use the PSD but didnt because a trade got done.

Things happen. Most likely scenario is a trade gets done ‘if’ he selects the Eagles and neither team wants overs/unders but on occasions these don’t align.

Beveridge and Twomey seem to think the Schultz trade has set the price for Liam Baker. ie a 1st and a 2nd or "Something more than 10-15" according to Beveridge. "10-15" plus a swap of later picks says Twomey.

Don't' shoot the messenger....
Twomey didn't seem convinced but think he just rolled with it tbh

And Baker is a much better player which somewhat evens it out IMO
If that evens it out then you have to remember that schultz went for a future which are valued less but not only did he go for a future, he went for a future that was expected to be 18 (or atleast 16-18)

Basically tells you mid teens pick sounds about right

If that evens it out then you have to remember that schultz went for a future which are valued less but not only did he go for a future, he went for a future that was expected to be 18 (or atleast 16-18)

Basically tells you mid teens pick sounds about right

Just because the Pies wildly overpaid for Schultz has no bearing on anything. Also the trades last year were quite high because clubs didn't rate the draft.

Fortunately for Richmond fans, I don't think their list management team is silly enough to accept a future 3rd round pick.
I don't think anybody at St.kilda or Fremantle thought Blake would get to this level.

That is a credit to Carlton and Vossy for getting the best out of him

But yes I don't think a 3rd will cut it lol.

I think he ends up at West Coast just a gut feel and will be a first involved with probably a pick coming back I would think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back